Mark this down as the date Rick lost the fanbase

We don’t have the personnel to run his plodding offense. We have spread personnel, especially w light TEs. Sealed blows, can’t be all talent. Opponents don’t even need to really watch much film on us as it’s thebsame plays over and over and over again. Zero wrinkles, no scheme for opponent. Undisciplined play. Love the players, and Richt, however, his pride and stubbornness are killing us now. And pulling Rosier was sign of coaching scared. Perry looked dejected after. All his creation
This. These slow developing run plays are killing this offense because we are always facing 3rd and long after running for no gain on first and 2nd down. We do not have the OL to line it up and just “pound the rock” no matter how badly Richt wants it to be true. Same for our passing game. Most of our routes take forever to develop. Just get the ball to our playmakers in space as quickly as possible.

Advertisement
Really though, how tf does JT touch the ball once on offense? No jet sweep, screen, reverse? How about some rub/mesh route with him and Jordan? How about the fake jet sweep bubble screen to JT?

And the motion from pistol to shotgun is just a waste of time now
All of the above.

I'm hoping the former players that have been around and were involved in his hiring "Vilma" will speak up to him at some point and tell him he needs an OC that spreads the ball around.

No reason why we can't run an Oklahoma style offense especially with the defense we have. You wouldn't see us struggle in games like this.

I mean we know our Oline is a weakness so scheme something that helps them and give your QB some time

who is going to do all of this "spreading the ball around??? What QB???"

We needed a QB that makes plays. Perry is clearly the one for that role

Yes he was playing like **** but he played like **** against FSU in the first half too. You let that kid take his lumps
I mean i don't like the decision, but i think i might get the decision. Perry was two different kinds of **** in panhandle and last night. Last night he gave the ball away, he didn't against panhandle. FUGGING SUCKS. I think we see Perry against BC to be honest cause CMR knows we're not good with 12.

Last night was disappointing for sure. The oline when Perry was in there was REALLY BAD. Was Boulware hurt last night? I saw 77 & 62 way to much.

All of the above.
We still wouldn't throw it to them. That's the thing i think most poeple don't understand. We call a lot of things that are short, our QBs just bomb the eff out of the ball like it's the Whipple era. 12 and 5 just try to air the pill every throw

Advertisement
Been saying it and saying it - and all I get is a lot of negs for pointing out the obvious.

He's a great CEO - or would make a great Athletic Director - but he's lost the coaching edge he burns to return to when he called plays for FSU.

Bad decision to not get an OC, and another bad decision to hire his son.

You'd think that after watching the Bowden debacle - he'd know better.

Poor judgement.
How is he a great CEO? A great CEO does not make 1 bad hire after another. A great CEO is not stubborn to a fault. A great CEO puts the company first

How is he a great CEO? A great CEO does not make 1 bad hire after another. A great CEO is not stubborn to a fault. A great CEO puts the company first

Maybe I was being overly generous. Yeah - I was.

Nice guy - needs a PR job.

But GTFOH.

We've seen re-runs of this crap since 2003. And this is 2018.

How long? How long? How loooong will this BS go on? (Richard Pryor)

Saban's an outstanding CEO, textbook perfection. Sure, an ******* to boot and a pain in our *** on the recruiting trail. But Saban doesn't hold any personal ties in any of his hires (looking at you Urban). The thing is, iirc Richt only fires coaches when the administration forces his hand. He's not going to make any moves unless some of his coaches move on. So in reality the only moves that could realistically be made is if Searels moves on. Because we all know Richt Jr.'s not finding a job elsewhere.

A great CEO hires people who challenge them and are talented in their own right. Great leaders surround themselves with people who can challenge them if they make the wrong decision, it's probably the single most significant indicator of a good leader. Richt does the opposite, everyone around him are Yes-Men.

Advertisement
It’s happened at some point for the last 3 **** coaches. And this is likely the day it happened for Rick. Some of us figured he’d never be a NC coach because he had 15 years to do it at UbaGA and never came through.

But I expected more than this. I expected to pretty much dominate the Coastal. This up and down yo-yo **** from week to week is a prime mark of an unprepared team. His insistence on running an antiquated plodding slow tempo offense is another black mark.

It’s just a middle of the road, undisciplined team with a horribly inept offense that keeps everyone in every game against us.
Well said, Chives

UGA was championship caliber back then bc most of the teams were average.

Richt isn’t a championship caliber coach.

Gene chizik came in the SEC after him & won a natty.
Cotdam. Thats brutal, what is worse is that he did it with a qb Richt didnt even recruit in his backyard who won the heisman. Yikes.

1. Should have put Perry back in after 2 Rosiers series
2. Always take the points. 4&1 you kick the FG smdh
3. On side kick with timeouts and 3 mins and defense paying nasty. Worst coaching call I have seen.
4. Special teams coach should be fired
5. We need a OC up in the box. You don’t have he same perspective on the sideline

So disgusted with Mark Richt right now and I was a big supporter of his

I still dont get his obsession with going for it early in games around mid field when its not even 4th and 1. Twice in last couple games (fsu before halftime which led directly to points for them and first series UVA) Its 4th and 4 at mid field. punt the ball and pin them deep with your D. Our offense is ****. What is he thinking?

Advertisement
you guys remember when perry came in vs FIU? Richt got him going so well with dink and dunk crap. Well why can't he just do that 85% of the time and then throw the ball deep the other 15% and obviously mix in our run game???

Or is this too much to ask?

This. These slow developing run plays are killing this offense because we are always facing 3rd and long after running for no gain on first and 2nd down. We do not have the OL to line it up and just “pound the rock” no matter how badly Richt wants it to be true. Same for our passing game. Most of our routes take forever to develop. Just get the ball to our playmakers in space as quickly as possible.

Wrong! You call plays so your OFFENSIVE LINE will be successful more than half the time. Just look around the country on Saturday's. In other words, when said head coach calls BLAND, VANILLA, DULL, ANCIENT plays then one puts his QB and or offensive in harm's way. Witness last night's embarrassment against an average Virginia team.

Friend, how do you plan on forcing him into retirement?

Banners, social media, not showing up for games, ripping him on the radio. Whatever it takes. The whole city has to turn against him & make his life ****. It’s not like he’s some spring chicken. Unless he hires an actaul OC then he needs to go asap.

Advertisement
This needs to be screamed from the mountain tops. He's not even a good CEO. His one saving grace with 90% of the fans who actually watch this **** week in and week out is another myth.

I mean i don't like the decision, but i think i might get the decision. Perry was two different kinds of **** in panhandle and last night. Last night he gave the ball away, he didn't against panhandle. FUGGING SUCKS. I think we see Perry against BC to be honest cause CMR knows we're not good with 12.

Last night was disappointing for sure. The oline when Perry was in there was REALLY BAD. Was Boulware hurt last night? I saw 77 & 62 way to much.

I understand Perry started off really bad. I get that.

Once Rosier was benched for the freshman.....that’s it. Over. Rosier has MORE than enough slack to prove himself and he couldn’t.

If Perry threw 40 INTs last night I don’t care. He is our future, he has to learn sometime

And even beyond that, once Rosier came in and threw a bunch of typical ducks....he’s back out. No excuse not to put Perry back in at some point unless Rosier was rolling

This needs to be screamed from the mountain tops. He's not even a good CEO. His one saving grace with 90% of the fans who actually watch this **** week in and week out is another myth.
A huge part of being a CEO is handling personnel decisions.

He failed miserably with the most important position on the team.

He’s no ******* CEO.

A huge part of being a CEO is handling personnel decisions.

He failed miserably with the most important position on the team.

He’s no ******* CEO.

Let’s not forget he lost the team in Georgia before his firing. He’s not a good CEO, or else he would have had more success as one there.

Advertisement
Back