Mark this down as the date Rick lost the fanbase

Ummm, that was after the Pitt-Clem-Wis triple header fiasco, topped off with the LSU debacle (yes, 4 straight loss catastrophe)
Open your eyes, behold the new corch, same as the old corch
wow, I was focusing on the UVA disaster and overlooked an extremely negative trend
if this does not convince Mark to change what will????

Advertisement
That’s pretty much when you know the HC is a bum. Rick’s specialty is supposedly QBs, and he’s been a QB toilet for the last 6 years at least. When you’re in year 3 and still going back to Rosier you suck. He thought Shytkowski was a UM QB. He signed Ramsey and Bauta and Lambert and Parks etc.

and missed on Cam Newton and Watson....dude is a bum Chise

It’s happened at some point for the last 3 **** coaches. And this is likely the day it happened for Rick. Some of us figured he’d never be a NC coach because he had 15 years to do it at UbaGA and never came through.

But I expected more than this. I expected to pretty much dominate the Coastal. This up and down yo-yo **** from week to week is a prime mark of an unprepared team. His insistence on running an antiquated plodding slow tempo offense is another black mark.

It’s just a middle of the road, undisciplined team with a horribly inept offense that keeps everyone in every game against us.

Nepotism rearing its ugly head. Richt Sr is using Miami as his 401K and to groom Jr for a better job down the road. Awful nice of him but it's why we're in this situation.

We have a qb room choc full of guys that either physically or mentally can't put together a complete game. Jr needs to pack up his belongings and do the right thing. Highly unlikely.

If he had any decent friends, or if his mom loved him - they'd take him out for a beer and deliver to him the bad news. I guess the same could be said for Sr.

If you were Mark Ricks boss, this is the point where you bring him into the office for a performance review and say,

"Mark, your previous employer had nice things to say about you but they let you go because you made some workplace choices that fell short of company expectations. We took a chance on you because we expected you would have learned your lesson, but I'm sad to say that it looks like you have fallen right back into your same old patterns. This is unacceptable."

Where did I ever say we were getting a blue chip coach? Blue chip coaches right now are Dabo, Saban and Meyer. Guys that are repeatedly in the college football playoffs.

Some Miami fans keep siloing themselves into either A) Bring back Butch B) Stay with Richt or C) Hire Mario Cristobal. There are a bevy of other options out there and Miami can do better than Cristobal whom IMO would be at best an average hire here. Just because he doesn't display the same stubbornness as Richt and Golden does, doesn't mean he's without fault as a head coach.

D) Promoting Diaz to HC even though he has no experience.

Advertisement
Richt has 11 seasons of 10+ wins on his resume. Of those 11 seasons he finished with 2 or fewer losses just 4 times. His typical season includes getting blown out in a big game (LSU), dropping a game to a lesser opponent (UVA), and then finishing well enough to get 9 or 10 wins. This is what we signed up for and what Blake James chose to extend through 2023.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back