Mark this down as the date Rick lost the fanbase

I heard that the only reason Richt continues to call plays is because it "hydrates" the missus.

Advertisement
He beat the #7 team and would be undefeated if he had called for a kneel down, and that is with a program that had been buttf#cked by Willie Taggart.
Ummm Mario would bring an o-line, recruiting, and an actual OC which would theoretically fix all the current problems.....besides that nothing though

You must be new to Miami football. Have you seen Jake Blames wife?

If you had you wouldn't be asking about his "stones".
1539589018866.pngHoly ****, I see what you mean

Ummm Mario would bring an o-line, recruiting, and an actual OC which would theoretically fix all the current problems.....besides that nothing though

In the UW-Oregon game the announcers said that when Cristobal took over he decided to keep using the spread offense the Ducks had been running, but with a bigger emphasis on power and physicality. With that concept at Miami, we'd score 55 per game.

Oh, and Justin Herbert, who is looking like the top QB in the draft, was a 3 star qb. Amazing what you can do when WRs are running free all over the field.

So yes, I'd trade Cristobal for Richt in a heartbeat.

Advertisement
Only one thing could make this situation worse.

Imagine if we already knew what the answer was but refused to do it out of pride?

It's a sad situation all around.

@CaneDynasty well spoken "PRIDE" is a killer "FALL" always following close by it's a team we seem to never keep apart , I hate hearing this word , what we should be hearing is "PASSION" for any an all things we do.

Ray Lewis quote before Super Bowl to his teammates before taking the field in a team huddle : FEEL MY PASSION ( Passions definition is LOVE ) , true love will never lead you down a path to a fall only by sacrifice to raise another.

GOCANES

In the UW-Oregon game the announcers said that when Cristobal took over he decided to keep using the spread offense the Ducks had been running, but with a bigger emphasis on power and physicality. With that concept at Miami, we'd score 55 per game.

Oh, and Justin Herbert, who is looking like the top QB in the draft, was a 3 star qb. Amazing what you can do when WRs are running free all over the field.

At this point I wouldn't disagree with you. I just think Miami can do better than Cristobal. I'm still skeptical on Mario being head coach here. But at this point I'm done with Richt.

I still think Richt is a top tier coach who can win championships at Miami. Everyone is emotional after yesterday and I get it...but big picture it’s just one game.

Richt couldn't win any championship at UGA in 15 years so he now will win MULTIPLE championships at Miami (remember, you said championships).

When does this begin at Miami?

Advertisement
At this point I wouldn't disagree with you. I just think Miami can do better than Cristobal. I'm still skeptical on Mario being head coach here. But at this point I'm done with Richt.

No we can't. And that's not a ringing endorsement for Crystalball either.

No we can't. And that's not a ringing endorsement for Crystalball either.

There are more innovative coaches that would like the opportunity at Miami after Richt's tenure is over. This isn't taking over for Al Golden. Miami has one of the deepest pools of talent to recruit from, and coaches that succeed here generally go onto the NFL. Cristobal doesn't strike me as an innovative coach.

@caneinorlando i think you've mentioned it before, but would you mind naming the coaches butch would have brought on?

Was hoping we'd give him a shot back in '16
If Butch would've been hired in 2010 Soldinger would be the one guarantee...not to sure Solly would have came in 2015-16....The rest would have been handpicked....Kehoe would have been on staff in some capacity...

Richt couldn't win any championship at UGA in 15 years so he now will win MULTIPLE championships at Miami (remember, you said championships).

When does this begin at Miami?
Richt ain't winning a NC unless he gets rid of his Archaic Gameplanning & hiring the correct coaches...

Advertisement
There are more innovative coaches that would like the opportunity at Miami after Richt's tenure is over. This isn't taking over for Al Golden. Miami has one of the deepest pools of talent to recruit from, and coaches that succeed here generally go onto the NFL. Cristobal doesn't strike me as an innovative coach.

This has been true forever and we still got stuck with Coker, Shannon and Golden. Then we needed to hand over the keys to the city to land a guy who finally got fired because he couldn't win **** in 15 years at Georgia. The reality is that Miami has never attracted the "blue chip" head coaches. Some have become that while they were here, but they weren't that coming in.

@caneinorlando i think you've mentioned it before, but would you mind naming the coaches butch would have brought on?

Was hoping we'd give him a shot back in '16
Diaz could be Butchs DC...But there wouldn't be as much High risk....All that Blitzing 1,000 times a game ain't happening with Butch....Sure there would be blitzes...but more disguised...
Butch is all about Gap Integrity....He'd run a 4-3 Base....with some wrinkles....
Our STs wouldn't be the mess we have now....

Watch Butch's DLs at UM from 84-88
Watch how his DEs played....that's what he Loves....DTs disrupting the entire backfield...DEs screaming around the end like Madmen...As much as I Love Butch....I'm even a bigger fan of Sonny Lubicks Defensive mind-set..
Lubick is without question UMs best DC ever....

Advertisement
This has been true forever and we still got stuck with Coker, Shannon and Golden. Then we needed to hand over the keys to the city to land a guy who finally got fired because he couldn't win **** in 15 years at Georgia. The reality is that Miami has never attracted the "blue chip" head coaches. Some have become that while they were here, but they weren't that coming in.

Where did I ever say we were getting a blue chip coach? Blue chip coaches right now are Dabo, Saban and Meyer. Guys that are repeatedly in the college football playoffs.

Some Miami fans keep siloing themselves into either A) Bring back Butch B) Stay with Richt or C) Hire Mario Cristobal. There are a bevy of other options out there and Miami can do better than Cristobal whom IMO would be at best an average hire here. Just because he doesn't display the same stubbornness as Richt and Golden does, doesn't mean he's without fault as a head coach.

Where did I ever say we were getting a blue chip coach? Blue chip coaches right now are Dabo, Saban and Meyer. Guys that are repeatedly in the college football playoffs.

Some Miami fans keep siloing themselves into either A) Bring back Butch B) Stay with Richt or C) Hire Mario Cristobal. There are a bevy of other options out there and Miami can do better than Cristobal whom IMO would be at best an average hire here. Just because he doesn't display the same stubbornness as Richt and Golden does, doesn't mean he's without fault as a head coach.
Butch should've been brought back in 2010....little too late now....

The biggest change Cristobal made to Oregon's offense is doing every run play out of pistol formation.

@JuMosq on twitter is an Oregon fan you can follow him to learn more about Cristobal and their offense. They have a great shot at a 1 loss season.

You either hire (1) a blue chipper, (2) a veteran who has never won, (3) an assistant who has never won as a head coach, or (4) a young head coach who has never won. There are proven winners (option 1), the safe choice who won't get you championships (option 2), and crap shoots (options 3 and 4). Miami gets to choose from options 2, 3, and 4. Since 2000 we've now tried options 2, 3 (twice) and 4. All have failed...although I'm hesitant to call Richt a failure when he has done here what he has always done.

I'm far from wedded to Crystalball. But you are delusional if you think we can attract a better caliber of candidate.

Advertisement
Back