malik rosier will be starting next year all year long

Advertisement
I'm going with....1. Perry 2. Rosier 3.Williams 4.Weldon....if Williams could throw the deep ball better right now... he would be at 2....

Yep. I'd rather take my lumps with a guy that can learn and grow from it than a 5th year senior that will lose games and not improve. Rosier is simply too limited.

But you're just guessing (or hoping) that the guy taking the lumps will learn and grow from it.

This is wishful thinking.

Perry has not done a single thing to make any reasonable person think he's going to win the starting job.

Advertisement
Hate to say it but it's going to reflect poorly on our QB recruiting if neither Perry or Weldon can beat him out considering we weren't on Williams till really late in the game and prior all we had was that kid Sitkowski, who bailed.
Its a blessing in disguise that kid bailed .. lol he knew he wouldn't play here

rosier is a one read QB if his first read aint there he panics, he isn't very accurate either especially on down field throws, heck of competitor though, I'm hoping perry starts he has all the physical tools to feast in this offense just hope he can read the field better than rosier

Advertisement
Rosier does not panic. Please stop posting that about him.

The fact that he has no panic is actually one of his better qualities.

But he’s extremely inconsistent with his accuracy. And his ability to read defenses is not where we’d hope it would be as a 4th year player.

He’s also not great at moving defenders with his head and eyes, to put them where he wants them to be, to help his passing lanes.

He CAN improve in all three areas:

1. Reading defenses
2. Moving defenders with eye, head and shoulder placement
3. Accuracy

How much he improves will determine if he keeps the job.

At this point, unless Rosier is far and away the best leader on the team, I think he loses the job to a younger QB if there is a tie.

But he’s extremely inconsistent with his accuracy. And his ability to read defenses is not where we’d hope it would be as a 4th year player.

He’s also not great at moving defenders with his head and eyes, to put them where he wants them to be, to help his passing lanes.

1. Reading defenses
3. Accuracy
caus

At this point, unless Rosier is far and away the best leader on the team, I think he loses the job to a younger QB if there is a tie.

he will start at LSU, i got him being replaced at halfftime by Perry because LSU stacked the box and he couldnt hit the throws. Perry comes in and does his thang and Rosier becomes backup

he will start at LSU, i got him being replaced at halfftime by Perry because LSU stacked the box and he couldnt hit the throws. Perry comes in and does his thang and Rosier becomes backup
Uh no he won't start at lsu he sucks period if Perry and company can't beat that out there should be a massive scholly pulling taking place **** did some of y'all not watch last year, Rosy is horrible got **** what part did you not see

Advertisement
Uh no he won't start at lsu he sucks period if Perry and company can't beat that out there should be a massive scholly pulling taking place **** did some of y'all not watch last year, Rosy is horrible got **** what part did you not see
i know i know but just knowing how MR is he will start him because of last year, believe me he knows it wont last but a quarter or two. Once Perry gets behind the wheel he wont look back. He still needs 15 more lbs imo, still a bit skinny, but we should be good at QB for awhile and Richt looking at more

1. Reading defenses
3. Accuracy

That’s remarkable that you acknowledge Rosier’s leadership but wouldn’t value it in deciding who should start. Give me the leader if it’s a tie.

That's fine, but if he is the starter next year you can expect some of those close wins last season to be close losses next season unless he improves.

Why would you expect him to lose the close games with better surrounding talent and more experience?

Advertisement
IF in practices it close in any way, I'd go with the youth. There is NO WAY a 5th year senior should be performing close to the level of red-shirt freshmen

Rosier was firing on ALL cylinders last year he showed us the best he is capable of. That was his maximum output, his ceiling and while we must give CONGRATS for the come from behind wins and Coastal title, SO CONGRATS for that MR...but the fact is those games SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN CLOSE TO BEGIN WITH!!

It was his mediocre play that made them close. It was his limited and mediocre play that was nationally exposed in all our consecutive losses. Teams know that he will ALWAYS lock on to the primary receiver and ALWAYS attempt to make that single throw come **** or high water. We had a very good defense last year. It won't be as good this year.

Teams are on to Rosier and they are also on to Diaz. Both have to up their games.

In saying all of that, it also says a lot about Perry, Williams and Weldon that they cannot beat out such a limited QB. Richt has to wake up also and realize that there are other things that make a good QB besides making mindless throws regardless of coverage to the primary receiver

By his own admission Rosier did not watch film on opponents as much as he should have, and in the Pitt game also admitted he was just going through the motions. I do believe he may have hit his ceiling.
I'm not bashing him, I do feel he has given as much as his ability will allow him

If Perry and company are willing to put the effort in all phases of the game then one of these candidates may indeed beat Rosier earlier than anticipaed

If this team is going to make the jump from "solid ACC team" to national contender, quarterback play has to improve significantly. Rosier has hit his ceiling. 2017 is as good as he's going to get. His limitations are mostly physical not mental, so its' not like another year of experience will make him a better passer. He's shown plenty of heart and guts and he deserves all the respect for that but moxie will only get you so far. Eventually you need to be able to make the plays consistently and Rosier can't do that.

Advertisement
Back