malik rosier will be starting next year all year long

I am sticking to my original thought and post. Rosier will start v LSU, he will play first half unless something goes really bad, Perry starts second half, finds his groove, and never looks back. Knowing how Richt is, even if Perry looks better through spring ball, he will still start Rosier, after last year he owes him that at least. I dont know this as fact as much as just from playing cfb myself, but i suspect Rosier is one of those guys who looks way better at practice than he actually is. On the other end of that some guys dont look all that great at practice but when the lights come on they just rise above, have another gear, what ever you want to call it. Practice All Americans is what we called it. I think accuracy in a QB is pretty much what it is, you might improve a little, but either you are or your not. Richt was handcuffed with Rosier, but he tried to call plays to his strengths, easy throws he thought he could complete, even then it was about 50/50. I am REALLY interested to see how Richt calls a game when he has a QB who can make the throws, O is loaded with weapons all around this year, hopefully one of the QB's come through, then we can evaluate Mark Richt as a play caller.

Advertisement
You guys love doing this to yourselves, consistently constructing scenarios that are destined to leave you nothing but frustrated.

If Rosier starts against LSU, and we win that game, there is virtually no chance he doesn't remain the starting quarterback. None.

Sure, Perry, et al will see work against Savannah State, Toledo and FIU, but some pie-in-the-sky plan to start Rosier for the first half of LSU, or just for one game, doesn't exist. It will never exist.

If Perry, Williams or Weldon want to be the starting QB, they need to win it in camp. Period. If they can't do that in convincing fashion, there is no chance they're handed the reigns if Rosier is 6-0 or 5-1 through the first half of the season. At that point you're playing for this season.

If he screws up, and we're 4-2 or 3-3, it's an entirely different ball game, and you start playing for next season.

well i can promise you that if Rosier comes out of spring as starter, and i agree that until someone beats him out he should start, he will not have the success he had last year, blueprint is out there now. Should he start v LSU and play the whole game i would surprised to win it, that's thinking they have the athletes they normally do which would allow them to shut down the run. Normally LSU has very good db's, can Rosier beat them with his arm, we cannot go 3 and out and put pressure on our D, we're not that good. Their gonna frustrate the **** out of 12 and let him self destruct, we didnt see a team with LSU athletes till Clemson last year, kinda glad we will see that right off the bat this year, get this QB thing out of the way so we can move forward. At some point in this game Perry will have to come in, 12 will lose confidence, and he will be able to move the offense. You just cant duplicate this at practice i dont care what anybody says, Richt can say what he wants but this game itself will determine our quarterback going forward, and we're damm lucky LSU is not up to snuff, which allows us the chance to work things out and still win the game

If Rosier starts against LSU, it means all the other quarterbacks **** the bed and we're screwed.

If Rosier starts against LSU, it means all the other quarterbacks **** the bed and we're screwed.

Ah yes another vocal Kaaya supporter is now a vocal Rosier hater. This is pretty hilarious to witness. I wonder why you guys supported Kaaya when the team sucked and don’t support Rosier now that we are winning. So far the biggest argument is that we should’ve won by more. Lol ok.

Advertisement
Perry stayed himself after the bowl game this team needs a real leader

There is no way in heck Rosier starts
He doesn’t communicate with the WRs like a qb should which may be even more of a reason why he is so off on his deep balls

He is grossly inaccurate and when it’s high competition opposing defenders are in his head

The only thing he can do decently is scramble but he can create plays or look off safeties etc he is just not that great we saw the best of him last year and that was a miracle

Ah yes another vocal Kaaya supporter is now a vocal Rosier hater. This is pretty hilarious to witness. I wonder why you guys supported Kaaya when the team sucked and don’t support Rosier now that we are winning. So far the biggest argument is that we should’ve won by more. Lol ok.

That is a good argument, we should've won by more and won more. Especially this year given the talent we have on offense, I hope that one of the other QB's can maximize it. I have no confidence that Rosier will.

That is a good argument, we should've won by more and won more. Especially this year given the talent we have on offense, I hope that one of the other QB's can maximize it. I have no confidence that Rosier will.

I find it to be a terrible argument considering we won more games last year than the previous 13 years.

We do not have a guy who can beat out a 10 game winning starter right now.

How do you know Rosier will be the starter all year? I hate that the sports world treats QBs like starting pitchers. Makes me wanna puke! Rosier even referred to himself as a 10 game winner. Bull****!!!

Sure Rosier made some plays down the stretch of games to help us win (FSU, GT). But let's shed some light on those 10 wins.

First of all, the defense averaged nearly 4 turnovers per game, but the offense scored less than 10 points per game off of turnovers. If We reduced the defensive turnovers to 2 per game, the offense probably doesn't score any points off of turnovers. Given the numerous close games, Miami would have lost to Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Virginia, and the Virginia Tech game would have been a toss up. Even with a VT win, it would have been a 6-4 regular season.

Would you be saying Rosier is definitely our starter with a 6-4 regular season and possibly 6-5 record With no Coastal Division title? I don't think so. That's what Rosier performed at. He was inconsistent, but serviceable.

Don't get it twisted. The TEAM won 10 games because of the defense and their ability to get turnovers.

The starting QB position is there for the taking. We'll see if any of the young bucks can dethrone Rosier.

I guarantee you this, Rosier will not have the luxury of overcoming poor 1st half performances. If he's having a bad half, he will sit while someone else gets a chance.

Advertisement
How do you know Rosier will be the starter all year? I hate that the sports world treats QBs like starting pitchers. Makes me wanna puke! Rosier even referred to himself as a 10 game winner. Bull****!!!

Sure Rosier made some plays down the stretch of games to help us win (FSU, GT). But let's shed some light on those 10 wins.

First of all, the defense averaged nearly 4 turnovers per game, but the offense scored less than 10 points per game off of turnovers. If We reduced the defensive turnovers to 2 per game, the offense probably doesn't score any points off of turnovers. Given the numerous close games, Miami would have lost to Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Virginia, and the Virginia Tech game would have been a toss up. Even with a VT win, it would have been a 6-4 regular season.

Would you be saying Rosier is definitely our starter with a 6-4 regular season and possibly 6-5 record With no Coastal Division title? I don't think so. That's what Rosier performed at. He was inconsistent, but serviceable.

Don't get it twisted. The TEAM won 10 games because of the defense and their ability to get turnovers.

The starting QB position is there for the taking. We'll see if any of the young bucks can dethrone Rosier.

I guarantee you this, Rosier will not have the luxury of overcoming poor 1st half performances. If he's having a bad half, he will sit while someone else gets a chance.

The fact he's starting kinda means we have nobody else.

If he stars it will be like all other coaches, scared to bench the starter. **** it took Saban a whole year to start the better guy, I just dont get why coaches do this. Start the better player especially when its obvious that the bench player is better by a mile

Perry stayed himself after the bowl game this team needs a real leader

There is no way in heck Rosier starts
He doesn’t communicate with the WRs like a qb should which may be even more of a reason why he is so off on his deep balls

He is grossly inaccurate and when it’s high competition opposing defenders are in his head

The only thing he can do decently is scramble but he can create plays or look off safeties etc he is just not that great we saw the best of him last year and that was a miracle

He's pretty good at winning 10 games too.

If he stars it will be like all other coaches, scared to bench the starter. **** it took Saban a whole year to start the better guy, I just dont get why coaches do this. Start the better player especially when its obvious that the bench player is better by a mile

Or maybe, like last season, it will be because nobody took the job from him. I'm just saying, it doesn't have to be about being scared, it could be about how the other QBs perform in practice.

Advertisement
Or maybe, like last season, it will be because nobody took the job from him. I'm just saying, it doesn't have to be about being scared, it could be about how the other QBs perform in practice.
I think its more of how the coach would look to the team to bench a guy that brought them to rank number 2 in the country, I mean thats got ot be it.

That defense won him most of them games sir

Everyone's aware that our defense was statistically better in total and scoring defense in 2016 than it was in 2017, right? Everyone's aware that the defense gave up 38 points to Clemson and 34 points to Wisconsin, right?

Advertisement
Everyone's aware that our defense was statistically better in total and scoring defense in 2016 than it was in 2017, right? Everyone's aware that the defense gave up 38 points to Clemson and 34 points to Wisconsin, right?
The defense lost any hope after seeing the offense... 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out, three and out.............

That defense won him most of them games sir

He played well enough to win, and that shouldn't be discounted. When we needed it, when the D had given up late points to fsu, the guy came through. When the D was making opposing QBs look like Heisman candidates, he did enough to win. It was rarely pretty, but give the man his due.

He played well enough to win, and that shouldn't be discounted. When we needed it, when the D had given up late points to fsu, the guy came through. When the D was making opposing QBs look like Heisman candidates, he did enough to win. It was rarely pretty, but give the man his due.

Exactly, the only difference is the QB. In years past, it was the defense that lost the games. Now that Rosier had game-winning drives it's not the defense's fault at all. Now it's Rosier's fault that we didn't win by enough points. Fuggin retards.

Advertisement
Back