malik rosier will be starting next year all year long

The title of the thread is " malik rosier will be starting next year all year long".
I am working with the assumption that he wins the starting job. As of right now he is the starter until proven otherwise.

You know this is a wash since we haven't had 1 day of Spring practice yet.

Advertisement
Why would you expect him to lose the close games with better surrounding talent and more experience?
Pitt, Clemson, and Wisconsin gave the college football world the blueprint on how to beat Rosier. He could have Jerry Rice at WR and it wouldn't matter. Remember, we lost games in 1999 with all world talent due to poor QB play. Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Bubba Franks, Clinton Portis... Poor QB play ruins everything.

guys one thing for sure, if Richt is the quarterback guru they say he is, and with a year to work with Perry, no reason he should'nt be ready to go. Perry has the tools he just needed to develop mentally, and gain some weight, he'll have the usual fist game willy's like anybody else, remember KD's first start, but i expect to see him pick LSU apart. The O has so many weapons this year its crazy, all we need is a good trigger man that can make simple reads and distibute the rock accordingly, Perry seems to be pretty accurate from what i have seen, should be a awesome year OFFENSIVELY. I am more concerned about Manny and his boys, particularly about making the right adjustments to put his guys in position to make plays instead of being one step behind, especially second half

Rosier will never take another snap here as a starter. If he does, then 8 wins is our ceiling next year.

Advertisement
I am going to say true.
Not because I think Rosier will greatly improve but I believe the OL will play better and the RBs will be hard to stop.
I don't see any team on our schedule that is going to be able to stop us from running it down their throats AND passing it over the top.
(There may be teams that can slow down one of those two things but not both.)
And what makes you think that we can throw it over the top with a qb that can't hit open wrs running down field or **** a simple bubble screen. They would load the box and we have a repeat from last 3 outings. Only snaps #12 takes is with the scout team

Pitt, Clemson, and Wisconsin gave the college football world the blueprint on how to beat Rosier. He could have Jerry Rice at WR and it wouldn't matter. Remember, we lost games in 1999 with all world talent due to poor QB play. Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Bubba Franks, Clinton Portis... Poor QB play ruins everything.

Sure, but the converse is true too. Cager and Berrios aren't Moss and Wayne and Michael Irvin II isn't Bubba Franks. The defense was straight balls against Clemson and Wisconsin and nobody played well against Pitt. Blame Rosier for those losses if you want, but you'd be missing the point if you did. We aren't going to stick Perry in there and automatically be national champions without every other unit improving drastically from how they played last year.

Something to keep in mind is Rosier's mental makeup. We saw it last offseason when he played so much better than anyone on the coaching staff would've predicted and has shown a mental toughness we haven't seen at QB in a very long time. I wouldn't be surprised if he improves drastically again this offseason, but may the best man win. The competition will bring out someone worthy of starting at UM, that's my prediction.

And what makes you think that we can throw it over the top with a qb that can't hit open wrs running down field or **** a simple bubble screen. They would load the box and we have a repeat from last 3 outings. Only snaps #12 takes is with the scout team

The scout team? Never go full ******.

All year long? No. It may not be Perry, and for all we know, Rosier may start Game 1. I seriously doubt he will be starting all year long, though.

I do expect him to be used as a capable backup at times, especially in some possible Wildcat sets where there's a threat of him running or throwing.

Advertisement
Rosier's poor play was oftentimes masked by great catches last year. Watching him play, even during wins, was like stabbing a pencil through my nose. If he starts again this year I'll be finding something else to do Saturdays in the fall.

I wanna see what Perry and Weldon got . Don’t think Williams will be ready but **** I like surprises

Advertisement
Rosier's poor play was oftentimes masked by great catches last year. Watching him play, even during wins, was like stabbing a pencil through my nose. If he starts again this year I'll be finding something else to do Saturdays in the fall.
I will definitely support my CANES should #12 get the call but with limited expectations...hopefully we can save that nose job with the young guns

That's not even clever, your post was before mine. Find another juvenile way to say I know you are but what am I.
Dude go find someone else to play with...you're idiotic enough to support #12 then that speaks volume to your understanding of the qb position at the U.

Dude go find someone else to play with...you're idiotic enough to support #12 then that speaks volume to your understanding of the qb position at the U.

Well you think the QB that just led this team to its best season in 13 years should drop on the depth chart below 3 guys who have never taken a snap at the collegiate level. I support the guy that led this team last year, and so does Mark Richt. There's a reason why he's the head coach and you're not. Thank god.

Advertisement
Well you think the QB that just led this team to its best season in 13 years should drop on the depth chart below 3 guys who have never taken a snap at the collegiate level. I support the guy that led this team last year, and so does Mark Richt. There's a reason why he's the head coach and you're not. Thank god.
Clown we struggled in every game offensively because of #12. If he's the qb next year then it maybe time for CMR to go. If CMR knows how to evaluate and develop qbs, your boy #12 is done at the U. We won inspite of his play not because of his play. But you go right ahead and keep lying to yourself and believing #12 is something that he's not...what freaking games were you watching last season to think that #12 deserves consideration beyond his experience(not good) over the younger guns. Stick to cheering and leave the evaluation process to those who actually know the game.

Clown we struggled in every game offensively because of #12. If he's the qb next year then it maybe time for CMR to go. If CMR knows how to evaluate and develop qbs, your boy #12 is done at the U. We won inspite of his play not because of his play. But you go right ahead and keep lying to yourself and believing #12 is something that he's not...what freaking games were you watching last season to think that #12 deserves consideration beyond his experience(not good) over the younger guns. Stick to cheering and leave the evaluation process to those who actually know the game.

You don't know the game, you simply have an agenda. He's not "my boy", but I respect what he did last year on an absolutely decimated offense and an extremely overrated defense that couldn't ever seem to get off the field on third down (75th in the country). He created plays with his legs that Kaaya couldn't, and he could drive down the field with the game on the line like Kaaya couldn't. That kind of ballsy play earns my respect. If Perry or Weldon come and blow the doors off in practice and scrimmages and Rosier doesn't progress, then I'd be ok with a QB change. But to sit here and just hand the most important job on the team to somebody with no experience on the field when you have a ballsy leader in the clubhouse is just retarded. And Richt knows that, and that's why he's the head coach. Seeing as how I'm on the same page as Richt, maybe you should be the one who sits this round out.

No
You don't know the game, you simply have an agenda. He's not "my boy", but I respect what he did last year on an absolutely decimated offense and an extremely overrated defense that couldn't ever seem to get off the field on third down (75th in the country). He created plays with his legs that Kaaya couldn't, and he could drive down the field with the game on the line like Kaaya couldn't. That kind of ballsy play earns my respect. If Perry or Weldon come and blow the doors off in practice and scrimmages and Rosier doesn't progress, then I'd be ok with a QB change. But to sit here and just hand the most important job on the team to somebody with no experience on the field when you have a ballsy leader in the clubhouse is just retarded. And Richt knows that, and that's why he's the head coach. Seeing as how I'm on the same page as Richt, maybe you should be the one who sits this round out.
Any other qb we decide to go with could not possibly perform any worst than #12. And whomever it shall be will have their share of growing pains, as expected; it's the upside that will keep the staff, players, and fanbase excited through the process. I would rather have a qb with skills over one you claim has balls but no skills. He is inaccurate, inconsistent, can't read defenses, stares down 1st read, can't throw in the middle of the field, balls consistently batted down at the line, not trusted to audible, doesn't understand the concept of watching film, goes through the motion in games and simply just not talented enough to play qb for the U. These are facts not opinions. Im sure i missed some things but then again im not trying to be an cis writer. It would be foolish of CMR and unfair to all the playmakers on offense to go with an erratic and unstable dude under center. Im suggesting to you that CMR was playing the politically correct card about #12 being #1 going into spring. He cut off all questions from the media about his qbs. I guess you will fade into the twilight zone when the season opens along with #12

Any other qb we decide to go with could not possibly perform any worst than #12. And whomever it shall be will have their share of growing pains, as expected; it's the upside that will keep the staff, players, and fanbase excited through the process. I would rather have a qb with skills over one you claim has balls but no skills. He is inaccurate, inconsistent, can't read defenses, stares down 1st read, can't throw in the middle of the field, balls consistently batted down at the line, not trusted to audible, doesn't understand the concept of watching film, goes through the motion in games and simply just not talented enough to play qb for the U. These are facts not opinions. Im sure i missed some things but then again im not trying to be an cis writer. It would be foolish of CMR and unfair to all the playmakers on offense to go with an erratic and unstable dude under center. Im suggesting to you that CMR was playing the politically correct card about #12 being #1 going into spring. He cut off all questions from the media about his qbs. I guess you will fade into the twilight zone when the season opens along with #12

Your reading comprehension is atrocious or you're just dumb. I said I'd be ok with a QB change. To say a QB that operates an RPO isn't trusted to audible shows an enormous lack of understanding of our offense. How do you know he doesn't watch film either? What kind of connections do you have? He's the QB until proven otherwise, that's what Richt was saying and that's what I'm saying. You guys can whine all you want but Richt isn't Al Golden. Al Golden played a QB who had "upside" while we meandered in the middle of the Corstal while you guys all got your ****s hard over a guy with "potential". You play every year for a national title, and you play the guy who has the best chance of doing that. If it's Perry or Weldon then I'm ok with it as long as they actually earn the job.

Advertisement
Back