malik rosier will be starting next year all year long

I am going to say true.
Not because I think Rosier will greatly improve but I believe the OL will play better and the RBs will be hard to stop.
I don't see any team on our schedule that is going to be able to stop us from running it down their throats AND passing it over the top.
(There may be teams that can slow down one of those two things but not both.)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Williams will win the job. Don't know how to embed videos but there is a video of a Kentucky fan breaking down Williams' highlights and unlike Perry, he isn't out there just playing ball. He is understanding coverage and telling his RB whom to block.

true or false?

True, IF he improves in the offseason!! For MR12, it's all about him improving from one year to the next.. With all these weapons Miami have stacked up on offense, we need a QB that can take advantage of having all these weapons and just dominant opposing DEFENSE'S..

False, IF he looks like the same MR12 from a year ago!! Perry and the TF Williams will have the QB spot a very hot and heated one.. At the end of the day, last year MR12 struggled in big games late in the season and IF MR12 wants to be the starter for 2018', he has to be head and shoulder's better than his counterpart's!! IF not, he doesn't deserve to be the starter..

Williams will win the job. Don't know how to embed videos but there is a video of a Kentucky fan breaking down Williams' highlights and unlike Perry, he isn't out there just playing ball. He is understanding coverage and telling his RB whom to block.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wins the job..

This is bad logic.

Rosier is limited, yes, but it's a competition. Perry was far behind in August and unless he's made up a lot of ground by March, it won't matter how limited Rosier is.

There’s one reason Perry was far behind Rosier in August. I’ll let you figure that out.

And that reason has now disappeared.

Advertisement
I am going to say true.
Not because I think Rosier will greatly improve but I believe the OL will play better and the RBs will be hard to stop.
I don't see any team on our schedule that is going to be able to stop us from running it down their throats AND passing it over the top.
How would the OL and RBs improving only help Rosier win the job? They’d help Perry or any other QB just as much.

The title of the thread is " malik rosier will be starting next year all year long".
I am working with the assumption that he wins the starting job. As of right now he is the starter until proven otherwise.

Advertisement
Rosier will be publicly named the starter unti the first offensive series of the LSU game..........

The title of the thread is " malik rosier will be starting next year all year long".
I am working with the assumption that he wins the starting job. As of right now he is the starter until proven otherwise.
You should have read the OP not just the title.

Advertisement
I am going to say true.
Except the fact we lost to Pitt because Rosier couldn't hit targets over the top. He is not going to learn in this offseason how to become a more accurate passer. That will lead to teams taking away our run game and forcing him to beat them with his arm. The OL and RB can be better, but numbers are numbers, and a run game can be stopped when the threat of the deep ball is gone.

Except the fact we lost to Pitt because Rosier couldn't hit targets over the top. He is not going to learn in this offseason how to become a more accurate passer. That will lead to teams taking away our run game and forcing him to beat them with his arm. The OL and RB can be better, but numbers are numbers, and a run game can be stopped when the threat of the deep ball is gone.
There were other games played last season where the deep threat was used. There were also games in which the WRs dropped balls and the OL did a bad job of protecting.
I am not going to isolate a few games here and there and make any conclusions. What I will say is that if the OL improves and we are able to run the ball effectively (especially in short yardage) I can see him leading this team farther than last year.

Can someone else step up and win the job? Sure. It will be an interesting battle in the Spring and Fall.
But until another starter is named I will assume it is Rosier until 2019.

Advertisement
There were other games played last season where the deep threat was used. There were also games in which the WRs dropped balls and the OL did a bad job of protecting.
I am not going to isolate a few games here and there and make any conclusions. What I will say is that if the OL improves and we are able to run the ball effectively (especially in short yardage) I can see him leading this team farther than last year.

Can someone else step up and win the job? Sure. It will be an interesting battle in the Spring and Fall.
But until another starter is named I will assume it is Rosier until 2019.
That's fine, but if he is the starter next year you can expect some of those close wins last season to be close losses next season unless he improves.

Or I can assume that with more playmakers and depth on both sides of the ball we won't be in as many close games.
It is February. Optimism should be where I lean this time of year.

Advertisement
Back