malik rosier will be starting next year all year long

Advertisement
Rick will string Rosier along because he doesn't want to go into the season without a veteran experienced QB just in case Perry or one of the other guys sprays ***** all over the stadium.

If Perry or Weldon can't beat out Rosier after a year in the system, then they gulp poo. Rosier could be a good Don Strock guy to come in late for a save in case the young QB is struggling badly.

Rick will string Rosier along because he doesn't want to go into the season without a veteran experienced QB just in case Perry or one of the other guys sprays ***** all over the stadium.

If Perry or Weldon can't beat out Rosier after a year in the system, then they gulp poo. Rosier could be a good Don Strock guy to come in late for a save in case the young QB is struggling badly.

Hate to say it but it's going to reflect poorly on our QB recruiting if neither Perry or Weldon can beat him out considering we weren't on Williams till really late in the game and prior all we had was that kid Sitkowski, who bailed.

Advertisement
A QB rating in the same neighborhood of teams like Pittsburgh, South Carolina, Arkansas, and Purdue is not a very good neighborhood to be in.

I'll always appreciate Malik for what he did for us the first 10 games of '17, but....

this spring is going to tell a lot. The battle may be between Perry and the freshman. I really like that kid. He sounds like an intelligent kid, graduated early unlike Perry and may give Perry a run for his money. Malik? Who knows. Remember LSU is our first game. A lot may be determined by that game as to where we go from there.

Rosier should never throw a meaningful pass here again. Not bashing Rosier. He just isn't good enough to win anymore games.

I've been in his corner since the Duke game in 2015. Was happy to see him get the gig last year. He made no progression last season. At no point could you say he looks to be getting better.

A QB rating in the same neighborhood of teams like Pittsburgh, South Carolina, Arkansas, and Purdue is not a very good neighborhood to be in.

I'll always appreciate Malik for what he did for us the first 10 games of '17, but....

Rosier 54% completion
Jalen Hurts 60%
Logan Woodside 64%
James Blackmon 58%
Kelly Bryant 65%

Advertisement
Whoever starts against LSU will start all year I imagine, unless an injury of course.

I think it's Perry's job to lose.

Rosier should never throw a meaningful pass here again. Not bashing Rosier. He just isn't good enough to win anymore games.

I've been in his corner since the Duke game in 2015. Was happy to see him get the gig last year. He made no progression last season. At no point could you say he looks to be getting better.
That's the big problem I have with him. He didn't progress as the season moved along. He looked really good at times early and then just petered out and could never rally out of the funk.

I'll always appreciate him just like I will Big Langham. Two guys who stepped up and did some great things for us last year. But two guys who should be replaced by better players if the program is to advance.

I guess everybody can get better with more reps and practice other than rosier. I’m predicting he starts and plays the whole year. A year of experience and maturity under your belt goes a long way with confidence. Sorry to burst everybody’s bubble.

Advertisement
I guess everybody can get better with more reps and practice other than rosier. I’m predicting he starts and plays the whole year. A year of experience and maturity under your belt goes a long way with confidence. Sorry to burst everybody’s bubble.

if he couldnt hit a wide open receiver at 20yds last year, and thats after playing QB how many years ? what makes you think he is all of a sudden become accurate this year

Advertisement
False. He will be named the starter at the beginning of the season but I don't see him keeping the job.

I predict he will start v LSU and Perry will play second half, if Rosier struggles early, and LSU is pretty good, plus they will roll out the Pitt/Wisky/Clemson template by making him beat them throwing, we will see Perry earlier

Uh, coaching?

well maybe, but i dont think so, if true i think quarterback guru Mark Richt would have been able to do something with him by now. Remember at first he was so bad MR told him he would never play for him, then later realized he really had no other viable options.

Advertisement
Back