malik rosier will be starting next year all year long

I guess everybody can get better with more reps and practice other than rosier. I’m predicting he starts and plays the whole year. A year of experience and maturity under your belt goes a long way with confidence. Sorry to burst everybody’s bubble.

Opinions don't burst bubbles.

54% completion on a team that throws a fair share of bubble screens is flat out unacceptable.
Our team completion % ranked 116th in the country. When you consider service academies and GT, there aren't many teams that recognize the forward pass as part of their offense that ranked behind us.

I don't think experience and maturity make you a more accurate passer. Even if it did, I can't believe 1 off season can get Rosier in the low-to-mid 60 cmp. % range. Right where we need to be, to be a top 20 passing team.

EDIT: Our completion percentage was 49.9% vs P5 teams

Last edited:
Advertisement
It will have no effect on recruiting QBs going forward if rosier starts. It’s has zero reflection on richts ability to develop QBs. Might be one of the dumber statements made here in awhile.

It will have no effect on recruiting QBs going forward if rosier starts. It’s has zero reflection on richts ability to develop QBs. Might be one of the dumber statements made here in awhile.

5x was this directed at Tex ?

Advertisement
Rosier has hit his ceiling, and teams will plan against him accordingly. They will make him beat them, and he won't be able to consistently. We will look more like the team that lost three in a row than the team that got pretty lucky in winning 10 in a row, if Rosier is the starter. It's not impossible for him to improve, but I believe that improvement will be marginal, not by leaps and bounds. I believe Perry, Williams, and Weldon all have higher ceilings, and it's time to get them on the field.

As others have said, if Perry can't beat out Rosier this year, he more than likely isn't the answer. I'm hoping he steps up, and Williams is what I think he is.

The correct answer is "I hope not!" However, anything is possible.

Don't know if Williams has enough time before season but he gonna give all these bois a run four their money in fall camp.

Advertisement
Don't know if Williams has enough time before season but he gonna give all these bois a run four their money in fall camp.
I think he does. It's not like he's trying to beat out a stud starter.

You want to know what the funniest part of this thread is? Nobody has said anything about our actual quarterback coach developing the quarterbacks........

it's not what we have seen from Perry as much as what we have seen from Rosier

This is bad logic.

Rosier is limited, yes, but it's a competition. Perry was far behind in August and unless he's made up a lot of ground by March, it won't matter how limited Rosier is.

Advertisement
This is bad logic.

Rosier is limited, yes, but it's a competition. Perry was far behind in August and unless he's made up a lot of ground by March, it won't matter how limited Rosier is.

thats true, most of us are just assuming that after a year in the system and with MR working with him that he should be ready to go, i stated at the top of the thread that if he still cant beat out Rosier we got problems, i would actually find that hard to believe as Rosier is not some AA quarterback. I did not find it hard to believe a year ago fresh outta high school, kid was used to just going out there and playin ball, and his athleticism and arm were enough to win, that wont get it done at this level. Lets just hope he has made up that ground, because we do know one thing for sure, Pitt/Wisky/Clemson put out the blueprint to easily beat Rosier. Put 8 in the box and force him to beat you with his arm, which he cant do, he will also almost always go to his primary receiver, even if he has three guys on him thats where he's going with the ball.

To add to my last post, it does not matter to me if it's Perry or Williams, guys on here who have watched Williams say he is the ****, hope thats true. I just want a QB who can consistantly hit a wide open receiver, thats not alot to ask at this level. With the studs we have on O right now, and good QB to go with that, we will shred defenses, I just hope we dont get a lead and MR goes religious on us and backs off the gas. I like the Jimmy philosophy, get em down and keep stompin on em and dont let em up, think he learned that after the Maryland game lol

This is bad logic.

The fact that Perry took over the #2 QB spot by the end of the season, is evidence that he has already made up a lot of ground and has grasped the concept of the offense.

Though I was one of the many that was hoping he would win the starting spot last fall, it was virtually impossible, considering that he didn't arrive until the summer. He has now received a ton of reps, especially when he became #2. Also, don't underestimate the value of being in the QB film room for over a year and being able to take the mental reps on the sideline for 13 games as well (signaling the plays to Rosier, being a part of timeouts, etc..)

It's a major difference in trying to learn something, as opposed to trying to perfect what you already know. Last fall, we witnessed how a special/gifted player like Perry, can look very average when he is in "learning mode" This spring, we will witness exactly how special/gifted he is, because he now knows how to apply those gifts.

Advertisement
You can't coach accuracy. You can work on mechanics and footwork but nothing is going to make Rosier an accurate passer. He was barely over 50% on the season and under 50% against pretty much any team with a pulse. Especially considering the ammount of screens they throw, there's no excuse for being under 60%.

Rosier has hit his ceiling, and teams will plan against him accordingly. They will make him beat them, and he won't be able to consistently. We will look more like the team that lost three in a row than the team that got pretty lucky in winning 10 in a row, if Rosier is the starter. It's not impossible for him to improve, but I believe that improvement will be marginal, not by leaps and bounds. I believe Perry, Williams, and Weldon all have higher ceilings, and it's time to get them on the field.

As others have said, if Perry can't beat out Rosier this year, he more than likely isn't the answer. I'm hoping he steps up, and Williams is what I think he is.

I understand Weldon had an off field issue but he shouldn't be written off. People wrote Rosier off last season. Weldon should be a contender in the comp.

You can't coach accuracy. You can work on mechanics and footwork but nothing is going to make Rosier an accurate passer. He was barely over 50% on the season and under 50% against pretty much any team with a pulse. Especially considering the ammount of screens they throw, there's no excuse for being under 60%.

The way the passing game is in today's game. 60% should be an easy achievement.

Do ppl realize how badly inaccurate you have to be to barely complete over 50% of your passes in todays game against COLLEGE compettition? With HALF of our competitors being outmatched athlete for athlete. Toledo,BCC,Pitt,Va,Syr,Duke,NC(half the team was injured). Its not like we were facing some extraordinary competition.

If our STARTING QB cant complete 60%+ of his passes next year then it is indictment on this Coaching staff as much as it is on the player.

Advertisement
Back