Looking ahead

There is no straw. I'm arguing potential. The team that Richt built, and Diaz inherited, is capable of doing more than what the coaches allowed. No where in my post did I infer that we should be beating playoff teams. But this season was a failure because of the coaches, not because of the talent. No, it isn't JUST the coaches. I think that's the biggest thing you're trying to say, and I'm starting to believe that you think I'm completely dismissing the players in this. No, its more than one factor that goes into a failing program, I'm aware. In order to get the results that we WANT as fans, we DO need to improve our evaluations and overall efforts in bringing the right guys in. But on the flip side, EVEN IF WE DON'T, if we continue the status quo on the type of talent we are bringing in, we are still capable of doing more than whatever the **** we just witnessed offensively. THAT was my point when I said don't give these coaches an excuse.
We agree it’s on the coaches what happened this year.

My post was looking ahead. I’m not revisiting this year. Bandy is gone, Shaq is, Pinckney, Garvin, Hill, Dallas, et al. Look at the roster we have going forward. Ask yourself what that tells us on recruiting, evals and development. How good is that roster? Good enough to beat FIU, fine. But is it really clearly best in Coastal? If not, why not?

Advertisement
Here’s a contrast: the 2001 roster:

D:
-Guys with legit pro potential: Rolle, Reed, Buchanon, Rumph, S. Taylor, Vilma, DJ, Wm. Joseph, Chris Campbell, Wilfork, McIntosh, Jennings, McDougle
-Guys with pro ability ‘if they put it together’: Geathers, L. Williams, O. Harris
-Guys with marginal pro potential: McClover, Clark, A. Marshall, Maxey, S. Thomas, C. Walker, Weaver twins
-Guys: Sikes, J. Green, Walters, A. Williams, Square, Carroll, C. Green

O:
-Guys with legit pro potential: Portis, Willis, Gore, Najeh, Shockey, KWII, A. Johnson, Carey, McKinnie, Myers, Parrish
-Guys with pro ability ‘if they put it together’:
-Guys with marginal pro potential: Dorsey, Payton, Bibla, Romberg, Gonzalez, E. Sands, Butler, D. Jones, Q. Hill
-Guys: Sherko, Beard, Cobia, C. Joseph

You think that's what recruits would think? A 5 or 6 game win streak to finish the year is an easy selling point. That FIU loss set this program back 2 years.
??????? im confused are you agreeing or disagreeing? i mentioned not only the FIU loss but DUke and L tech losses ending the year! point was the issue was more than a couple of winning field goal!

Definately not bragging or happy!!! We should be at 10-11 wins every year in the Coastal. 9-3 is a number, a number that would have got us into the OB. We are NOT going 6-6 next year.
OB! are you serious! we got blanked by L Tech! Florida would had taken us the wood chipper and dont give the BS we played the close. end of the year florida would murdered us

??????? im confused are agreeing or disagreeing? i mentioned not only the FIU loss but DUke and L tech losses ending the year! point was the issue was more than a couple of winning field goal!

Disagreeing. If we finished on a 5 game win streak, put aside what you think of the season. The game is all about perception. A 5 game win streak would have been an easy sell for recruits.

Advertisement
OB! are you serious! we got blanked by L Tech! Florida would had taken us the wood chipper and dont give the BS we played the close. end of the year florida would murdered us
Ummm UVA ended the reg season with a 9-3 record, including a loss to Miami. If you give me the 3 games we lost bc of our kicker(which was in ur orginal reply) it would have included UF. That would mean Miami would have beaten UF n UVA. How the **** is the OB out of the question?

I also never said we would have beaten UF in the OB. They got better as the season went on.

Disagreeing. If we finished on a 5 game win streak, put aside what you think of the season. The game is all about perception. A 5 game win streak would have been an easy sell for recruits.
Dude that's my point WE DIDNT! FOK! the games the OP mentioned that we had would won early in the year with a field goal were vs FL UNC and G tech so in that scenario our record would had been 9-3 which is counting the losses vs FIU, Duke and L Tech and thats my point our losses at the end of the year were so egregious that a 9-3 records as the OP mentioned would have NOT MATTER!

Advertisement
Ummm UVA ended the reg season with a 9-3 record, including a loss to Miami. If you give me the 3 games we lost bc of our kicker(which was in ur orginal reply) it would have included UF. That would mean Miami would have beaten UF n UVA. How the **** is the OB out of the question?

I also never said we would have beaten UF in the OB. They got better as the season went on.
OH LORD! we lost vs FIU( dominated by them despite the score) DUKE and Louisiana tech (blanked by them) We got better ast he season went on? yeah the middle of it vs FSU Louisville and Pittsburgh but we ending the season atrociously and it carried into the bowl game so again the 9-3 scenario don't matter because we did not played like a 9-3 team at the end of the season!

by the way i didn't questioned not being in the OB, my point was that we would had been destroyed by UF ex Wisconsin last year

I think you're right to some extent , but than I look at a guy like Cager who couldn't put it together at Miami but then goes to UGA and becomes their top receiver. We have some serious talent on this team I just don't think they're getting developed or put into the best position to succeed based on their skill set .

Bruh it tells you EVERYTHING you need to know that the problem is the program, not the players.

Why doesn’t Tate look the same in limited action here like he looked at Ohio State. He was sticking his foot in the ground and making guys look silly.

It’s the atmosphere. It’s so bad, guys are turning into video game players, divas, and unfocused goof balls.

There is no institutional control. No adults in the room.

We went through this under NoD and Golden. Richt and Diaz gave a glimpse of what we can be with just a LITTLE BIT of competence and energy.

We need leadership, competence, and energy at the same time. We haven’t had that in 20 years.

If Diaz gets some fire in his belly and gets an oc that can get 28 a game minimum in conference play, things can get better quick. But that “far away” look he has makes that a tall hill to climb.

Rousseau is likely the only kid on the roster with top 2 round potential. We gotta move past this whole development blah blah. We evaluated poorly. Cager as a 5th year senior would have been a top 2 receiver for us, too, he just chosed to bail. Tell me who on this roster should e starting for LSU, Ohio State or Clemson.

Baby steps, Ethnic.

Let’s beat the Dukes and UNC’s of the world.

I don’t like using the NFL as a barometer of talent. If it was, why are Bama guys not completely dominating the league like our guys did in the 2000s?

Why does Clemson dominate the line of scrimmage, but never gets those guys drafted?

We do need to evaluate better without a doubt. We allow way too many productive players get away to non big bag schools.

But Richt and Enos were HORRID offensive coordinators for us. It was like firing No D then making a big announcement that you hired, wait for it........ No D.

The coaching on the sideline is our biggest problem. We watch other teams play and they look better, so we think our guys are trash. But if our guys played for those teams, they wouldn’t look like they do here.

Caged and Martell are prime examples of this.

Advertisement
Why do people keep bringing up Cager as an example of a player that was mediocre here but supposedly blossomed elsewhere? He may have been UGA's "top receiver", but he was essentially the same receiver he was here, Georgia simply didn't have any better options.

For Georgia he had 33 catches, 476 yards, 14.4 avg, 4 tds this year. That's pretty mediocre.

For us in 2018 he had 21 catches, 374 yards, 17.8 avg, 6 tds. So fewer catches (but he was not our #1 receiver), but more big plays and TDs.

Because he became the top receiver at an sec bag factory. A top 5 team and perpetual playoff contender.

We hated Cager. We always ask who on our team could start for the big dogs. One of our most hated guys left and did just that.

Also, we all know Coley is a corch and their passing game is under developed.

Advertisement
Because he became the top receiver at an sec bag factory. A top 5 team and perpetual playoff contender.

We hated Cager. We always ask who on our team could start for the big dogs. One of our most hated guys left and did just that.

But the point is Cager was essentially the same player for Georgia that he was for us. A decent receiver. Not a star. Not a game breaker. The idea that he went to Georgia after failing here, and then became a top player, simply isn't true.

Eh. There was nothing wrong with Cager. Our fan base is always just looking for someone to take 15 years of frustration out on.

People **** on Braxton Berrios for years around here

Yep, the other day someone told me we were "drowning in riches" at RB. :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: This was after Lo went in the toilet and DJ declared.

But the point is Cager was essentially the same player for Georgia that he was for us. A decent receiver. Not a star. Not a game breaker. The idea that he went to Georgia after failing here, and then became a top player, simply isn't true.
Yeah but he did that against sec defenses with Corch Coley’s system.

We don’t have to be a top 5 team to win the coastal.

Advertisement
Back