Let's go! TVD is benched

I'll be the first to captain the 'staff should have started Emory after UVA' boat should Emory beat and/or go off this afternoon. If we lose the UVA game, then by all means, the change should have taken place, but when was the last time a QB was benched following a win?

Also, it was 10-6 at half last week and 10 second-half points probably wins that game. You dolts who've likely never had to make important decisions at their jobs before seem to forget that Van Dyke looked like an all-conference QB no less than 6 weeks ago, so was it unreasonable to assume that he couldn't muster 10 points? Again, you're all playing the result.
I know some are saying that..but a smart head coach would have pulled him vs one of the worst ncst teams I've seen in recent memory when your "all conference QB" had thrown his millionth pick, couldn't make HS level throws and was visibly upset when he had an open check down that worked.
We are one knee in a game we'd already won and the above from being a one loss team.... legit.

Advertisement
@RozayCane

We made it
Happy Philadelphia 76Ers GIF by NBA
Look at God! 😍
Look at God! 😍

Advertisement
Obviously, the big news is the offense and Emery starting. But what about the defense? Guidry and the guys have been pretty good this year and I expect Lance to come up with some things the semenholes haven’t seen.

I'll be the first to captain the 'staff should have started Emory after UVA' boat should Emory beat and/or go off this afternoon. If we lose the UVA game, then by all means, the change should have taken place, but when was the last time a QB was benched following a win?

Also, it was 10-6 at half last week and 10 second-half points probably wins that game. You dolts who've likely never had to make important decisions at their jobs before seem to forget that Van Dyke looked like an all-conference QB no less than 6 weeks ago, so was it unreasonable to assume that he couldn't muster 10 points? Again, you're all playing the result.

Benching him for bad play is one thing but I think he's been playing injured. Taking care of the QB doesn't have to be a bad thing. Cristobal can just say, "I appreciate you wanting to play. It's a good example for the team. But it's not the best thing for your health right now."

Advertisement
Look on the bright side, gentlemen. The kid has the chance to show that he has cojones of steel and the opportunity to go grab a little piece of program history for himself.

Worst case? This destroys him forever and he mistakenly transfers TO Emory University not knowing they don't even have a football program.

Yup let's break the young man's confidence. This game will be ugly quick smh.
Or….this loss (if it’s a loss) will give him motivation to work his *** off so he can beat FSU next year.
The former or the later?
This is a good litmus test to see if he’s got the balls I want to see from my QB.

Benching him for bad play is one thing but I think he's been playing injured. Taking care of the QB doesn't have to be a bad thing. Cristobal can just say, "I appreciate you wanting to play. It's a good example for the team. But it's not the best thing for your health right now."
And none of us are privy to those conversations. If the staff was truly trying to get him to play hurt/against his will, I hope the truth comes out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
bingo. youre not winning this game banking on a putrid Clemson offense to repeat itself w FSU. Clemson can't score on anyone so we didnt do anything really special imo. gotta go score for score here.
Seem to be scoring just fine on GT🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Back