Let's go! TVD is benched

Advertisement
We can't really do anything but be conservative. The aggression has to be perfectly timed, and confusing for the defense.

We have to run the ball effectively. It is what it is.

We can't turn it over. It will take mistakes from them if we are to win.
we turn it over at least once a game regardless of the QB play (we did that against Clemson too). our game plan can help limit some risky throws, but this is it. what's the point of saving him if you've made the decision to move on. if youre gonna play it safe to protect him, then you may as well have let tvd stink it up and get blown out and then move on to emory at home next week.

Advertisement
No he’s just “coming at you” with facts that they’re having no problem scoring against GT since you said they can’t score on anyone.
oh ok. sorry, theyre scoring today. lets just forget a seasons worth of data we have on their offense, red zone offense and QB play. whatever everyone wants to tell themselves, Clemson isnt a good team. we understandably went conservative against them w EW, but that wont work against a team that isnt downright awful in the RZ. their weakness has been their offense since the end of sunshine Etienne era really. its even worse with Cade now. we can't be safe today. gotta let EW open it up and whatever happens happens. FSU is gonna score (this is the best offense we're gonna see all year and their receivers are problems for our CBs) so banking on holding them to 17 points isnt a solid game plan imo.

Advertisement
Dvd has got to be hurt I love Emory but this is a set for failure.
He’s hurt mentally and physically. He’s broken. With or without Emory the cards were stacked against us. We’re losing 3-4 possessions a game with turnovers the last couple weeks. Now that’s setting yourself up for failure

And none of us are privy to those conversations. If the staff was truly trying to get him to play hurt/against his will, I hope the truth comes out.

Whoa now. I don't think they were forcing him to play hurt or against his will. He's a football player. He's never going to tell a coach that he's in so much pain he can't play. Medical staff cleared him. But it's up to the coaches to see that the injury is affecting him more than he is willing to admit. You see it all the time when RBs come back from ankle or knee injuries. They are fully cleared by medical staff but you can tell they still don't fully trust their knee/ankle and aren't making the cuts they used to.

I don't think this was handled well. Now it definitely looks like he's benched because he's a liability. If Cristobal had done it earlier and said it was injury related, maybe there is a chance that TVD gets his head straight in the offseason and is able to come back and be what we'd thought he'd be. Now he's got no choice but to transfer.

Advertisement
Mario is such a fool. What a wasted opportunity. Could have pulled TVD in the UVA game or the NC State game and got Emory valuable reps.

Miami will always do **** the hard way
Very frustrating. But let’s hope even though it’s a couple games late it will pay off

nd what about wake forest, nc state, duke? you seriously gonna come at me with Clemsons offense is good? if so, you dont watch them at all
hqg GIF

Advertisement
They did pretty good against Noter dame too, just sayin.
thats fine. im saying over the entire season, they weren't and aren't good on offense. theyre way worse than on O and thats with the last 4 games in ACC play. look if you want to tell yourself that is a good Clemson team so be it. theyre a 5 loss team this most likely. it'll be their worst team since the beginning of the dabo era. im just saying, dont go conservative w emory. let him rip it and the results will fall wherever they do. no one is expecting a win, so what's the diff? you find out about EW more with his first road start against the best team on our schedule. if he shocks the world, you have a future but you wont know that playing it safe

Good deal, just what a sad story for Van Dyke. I thought Emory should’ve gotten the Virginia start after Clemson to keep the ball rolling and give Van Dyke more healing time, but it is was what it was. Let’s see what the kid can do in the hostile environment he’ll experience today. Gonna be interesting for sure.

Advertisement
Back