Let's go! TVD is benched

Tim Reynolds threw out a stat on WQAM that the first time starter in this rivalry has won 7 times-

Hopefully that bodes well for us-

Hope the kid has a good game for us.

Advertisement
Our only hope......
Robin Williams Genie GIF
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Advertisement
Before UVA, during the UVA game,or before the NC State game. Take your pick. I'd accept either.

I think logical move would have been playing Williams in 2nd half at NC St. TVD looked absolutely terrible in the first half.

Advertisement
Kid has a chance to become an instant Cane legend if he balls out. But i echo the sentiment of many on this board for the absurdity of Emory not getting reps last week. Common sense told us making the change at halftime last week was a no brainer yet here we are. I have low expectations today but hopefully FSU is off, makes mistakes and we capitalize off it.

Advertisement
Clemsons offense kept us in the game. FSUs offense is another league esp w their receivers back. we can't be conservative today.
We can't really do anything but be conservative. The aggression has to be perfectly timed, and confusing for the defense.

We have to run the ball effectively. It is what it is.

We can't turn it over. It will take mistakes from them if we are to win.

I disagree because youre playing the result and actually think that in a vacuum, a true freshman QB gave us a better chance to win that game. The staff had no choice at this point
I must have missed the part where I said please tell me your opinion

When I say I genuinely don’t give a **** what you think, that doesn’t even begin to sum it up

He won’t start at SMU over Preston Stone. Will probably end op at a non-Michigan/Ohio St/PSU Big 10 school or a northern based ACC school imo

He has a year left. Has been injured the last two years along with very bad turnover stats. If he goes to a p5, he likely doesn’t start. I see him going to a g5 school.

Advertisement
I think logical move would have been playing Williams in 2nd half at NC St. TVD looked absolutely terrible in the first half.
That's the only argument to be made here. It was 10-6 at half and we missed a FG on our 1st drive of the 3rd quarter. Went 3 and out twice and then turned over on downs after getting inside of their 25. We probably should have been up.

I'll be the first to captain the 'staff should have started Emory after UVA' boat should Emory beat and/or go off this afternoon. If we lose the UVA game, then by all means, the change should have taken place, but when was the last time a QB was benched following a win?

Also, it was 10-6 at half last week and 10 second-half points probably wins that game. You dolts who've likely never had to make important decisions at their jobs before seem to forget that Van Dyke looked like an all-conference QB no less than 6 weeks ago, so was it unreasonable to assume that he couldn't muster 10 points? Again, you're all playing the result.
Something was clearly wrong with him and that’s why he sat out the Clemson game. Something was still clearly wrong with him the next game. And the game after that.

Call that “playing the result” if you want to.

Advertisement
Back