Lashlee - Bama Gameplan

Advertisement
When this man ran the ball twice in a row which one was a draw on 3rd &7 like he was gon catch Saban of all ppl off guard, I knew we were ****ed like a groupie on Prom night THen

Last edited:
What’s it gonna take for you to concede that? Idc what he does against garbage teams. I could
come up with a gameplan to beat half the coastal. You find out what your made of when you play teams as good, or better than you. He’s failed every single test when that’s been the case.

Fair question and Im not exactly sure what the answer is at this moment. Maybe Ive been so jaded by so many incompetent play callers over the past 15+ years that I'm happy with a guy who can get a play called after a TV timeout without needing to take a timeout that I dont remember what high quality coaching is anymore. lol

Advertisement
Our WRs actually looked decent too. It’s not just what he called, we lack imagination and creativity in the scheme.
Also - That 4th and goal play call from the one yard line was horrible. As the team was lining up I was screaming at my TV saying, "Please dont run a QB sneak here." Sheesh!

A QB sneak from the shotgun on 4th and goal from the one yard line with a QB coming off a major knee injury.

The QB sneak was inexcusable. Should have taken the time to scheme a play. Makes one think that they actually PRACTICED that nonsense.

It seemed in the first quarter Lashlee wasn't even TRYING to test their defense. Our one exploitable matchup- our quick, fast WRs vs. their DBS- wasn't even touched until late 2Q.

Why?

Lashlee likes to, at least this is his perference, run first, always has. Once the run game gets going he starts to pass it around.

What I don't understand is why he and other coaches, SEC coaches included, always think the best game plan vs Bama is to try and run it down down the middle all game...as if it is going to suddenly open up for 7-9 yard runs. You see this year after year. The blue print to beat them is out there but some coaches are stupid or something.

Why are you running and RPO when you can't run on their D. Any read to the run is pointless and everyone sees it but the coaches.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami has only a chance when theres a athletic advantage present.

As soon as coaching comes in, schemeing, gameplanning... forget it. No chance.

Offensively, thats what it was today.
It’s been that way for almost 2 decades. Unfortunately we rarely have that talent advantage anymore.

The QB sneak was inexcusable. Should have taken the time to scheme a play. Makes one think that they actually PRACTICED that nonsense.

It seemed in the first quarter Lashlee wasn't even TRYING to test their defense. Our one exploitable matchup- our quick, fast WRs vs. their DBS- wasn't even touched until late 2Q.

Why?

Why?

My only theory is that he's coaching to be able to answer questions in a job interview. That's a lot more common of an occurrence than most realize in the football industry.

That was not an RPO. We were not even spread out. It was a called run. And like you said that sent a message to everyone in the stadium that we did not come to win. I mean we have a 5th year qb, who is the best player on your offense, and you don't put the ball in his hands to make a play on 3rd and 7. Wtf is Lashlee thinking.
Having said the other comment, I do think there is an issue with King and the RPO. There was last year and that was before the ACL tear. If there is a statistical lack of threat to King keeping it and opposing coaches know that, then the play is largely neutered from the start.

Advertisement
Was at this game unfortunately, shout-out all the canes fans WE HAD NUMBERS. One observation I saw was does anybody know if king is supposed to give the ball on the read every time because he had multiple times he could’ve had big gains if he kept the ball, also get gurvan out James Williams is way better already, also there DBS are more aggressive on all the bubble screens we just sit there and wait INITIATE THE CONTACT Alabama ATTACKS not us though, missed opportunity in the 2nd half had momentum and we just threw away every opportunity, one last thing 3rd and 5 and were 10 yards off WTF!!!!

Fair question and Im not exactly sure what the answer is at this moment. Maybe Ive been so jaded by so many incompetent play callers over the past 15+ years that I'm happy with a guy who can get a play called after a TV timeout without needing to take a timeout that I dont remember what high quality coaching is anymore. lol
Which is the point me and others have made repeatedly on here. We might not be the 4th best team in the Coastal anymore but that doesn’t mean we should be happy. Expectations should not be Al Golden level. You can’t claim we will hang with Bama and then excuse what just happened. That performance was a joke.

Which is the point me and others have made repeatedly on here. We might not be the 4th best team in the Coastal anymore but that doesn’t mean we should be happy. Expectations should not be Al Golden level. You can’t claim we will hang with Bama and then excuse what just happened. That performance was a joke.

I read your post. Im gonna read it a few more times. As soon as I find something inaccurate in it, I'll be sure to let you know. lol

Advertisement
Lash brought the uptempo spread to Miami and landed King (he's obv been exposed and far from elite but still best QB we've had in 20 years). For this i give Lash credit

As far as gameplanning and calling playing. Ugh. A few times against the UVA/Pitt/insert ****** coastal team/etc he schemed some good plays and TD's. But also cost us dozens of points by running straight into the gut for 0-1 yards 100 times. And we all saw today. Dude is just straight over-rated as a playcaller and schemer. He wins with speed and spread, thats all hes got. And that **** aint gonna fly against any top 5-10 team

Did you all see that canes all access segment when they meet in the qb room, the first thing he does is have his qbs write letters to their moms? I think he would make a wonderful summer camp counselor.

Advertisement
Back