Lashlee - Bama Gameplan

SFbayCane

All American
Many of us in the game chat agreed, the way Rhett Lashlee called the first three series of this game told us a lot about him. He called a truly scared game. Its almost as if he waited until Bama covered the spread before he started running his regular game plan. We also saw this during the Clemson game last season.

There's an old adage in the NFL, they say its better to lose traditionally than win untraditionally. To me, it looks like Lashlee called a game today designed to look good in during the interview process next offseason more so than a guy looking to upset the #1 team.

Very disappointed in him today.

Advertisement
trashlee.jpg

Meanwhile Mandy spends his prep time designing a new TO chain.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Many of us in the game chat agreed, the way Rhett Lashlee called the first three series of this game told us a lot about him. He called a truly scared game. Its almost as if he waited until Bama covered the spread before he started running his regular game plan. We also saw this during the Clemson game last season.

There's an old adage in the NFL, they say its better to lose traditionally than win untraditionally. To me, it looks like Lashlee called a game today designed to look good in during the interview process next offseason more so than a guy looking to upset the #1 team.

Very disappointed in him today.
Very good post. I agree

More than disappointed. To the extent we had an opportunity for anything positive—winning, keeping it close, earning respect, whatever—we gave ourselves ZERO chance right out of the gate.

I just don’t get it. King is dangerous as a duel threat. Our WRs and TE are formidable. But hey, let’s let them all watch as we run for 0.2 yards a carry and Bama goes up by multiple scores.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I literally couldn't believe what I was seeing. We never even bothered to try it seemed. Lashlee was so scared of Alabama that he just ran a bunch of give up plays. We didn't even begin to compete until the 2nd quarter. He has to go. This is not an over reaction. I still cant believe what I saw.

Advertisement
He does the same sht every big game…run up the middle for negative or no gain over and over…and never challenges the other team down the field. And y in the **** did a Scaife start again. Williams went in and played pretty good. Man the staff be on some other sht.

Advertisement
Runs the most vanilla/basic “modern” offense in P5. We all got hyped when he had us rolling the first few weeks last yr, but that was mainly due to the fact we hadn’t had any pulse on offense in years. The fact is that he at least spreads us out on offense, which allows our guys to out-athlete most of our opponents. But that’s it. He has no creativity, ZERO ability to adapt. And has like 10 plays.

he is the OC version of Manny Diaz. Not sure if that fits the definition of irony, but it feels like it.

Advertisement
Back