Lashlee - Bama Gameplan

Two things are true. They missed those two calls plus some holds and we still would have lost.

I was cursing at the television pretty hard for a while there.
We lost the game bc of lashlee play calling and the terrible tackling on defense. Not to mention they just were way bigger and more physical than us. But Miami does cover if these calls are made. If it was close wouldn’t have even brought these up but they are as blatant as they get.

also while we are on the targeting call intent has to be put into this rule if you are going throw players out of the game. If bolden(by the rules definition it was targeting just very soft) was thrown out of the game Bama player should be suspended for half the season.

Advertisement
We lost the game bc of lashlee play calling and the terrible tackling on defense. Not to mention they just were way bigger and more physical than us. But Miami does cover if these calls are made. If it was close wouldn’t have even brought these up but they are as blatant as they get.

also while we are on the targeting call intent has to be put into this rule if you are going throw players out of the game. If bolden(by the rules definition it was targeting just very soft) was thrown out of the game Bama player should be suspended for half the season.
We lost because there is no one on our sideline, on our campus (outside of Lou Hedley and Andy Borregales) that are better than what is going on in Alabama. From administration to coaching staff to strength and conditioning to the players on the field. Playcalling...tackling...who cares. Even if Lashlee called the game of his life and we learned how to tackle, we are losing that game and not covering the spread. It is what it is.

I love that quick throw to the sideline with Mike Harley "blocking" on the edge as much as I love the inside zone for no gain.

I love when we lose and everyone is like “this hack should have called a play for positive yards! IDIOT!!”

It doesnt matter if we had Saban’s coordinators, we do not have the depth or support staff analyzing the game.

Many of us in the game chat agreed, the way Rhett Lashlee called the first three series of this game told us a lot about him. He called a truly scared game. Its almost as if he waited until Bama covered the spread before he started running his regular game plan. We also saw this during the Clemson game last season.

There's an old adage in the NFL, they say its better to lose traditionally than win untraditionally. To me, it looks like Lashlee called a game today designed to look good in during the interview process next offseason more so than a guy looking to upset the #1 team.

Very disappointed in him today.
Great job, OP
The first 3 series against Clemson: 12 plays 16 yards

The first 3 series against Bama: 11 plays 33 yards

When you're playing as a big underdog those kinds of starts are the end of the game for you. Lashlee has serious issues.
Looks like 100% improvement!

Advertisement
He need to move to the booth. Maybe he can see something from that point of view. What he currently does is pathetic

This is Manny’s second crappy OC hire in his short time as HC. At what point does the crappy HC get some dose of accountability from the crappy AD?

And it needs to be repeated and reminded to everyone , this is what happens when hire a coordinator who’s been fired at another school for a direct lack of performance. Youd think after 20 years of this we’d have learned this lesson by now

Was at this game unfortunately, shout-out all the canes fans WE HAD NUMBERS. One observation I saw was does anybody know if king is supposed to give the ball on the read every time because he had multiple times he could’ve had big gains if he kept the ball, also get gurvan out James Williams is way better already, also there DBS are more aggressive on all the bubble screens we just sit there and wait INITIATE THE CONTACT Alabama ATTACKS not us though, missed opportunity in the 2nd half had momentum and we just threw away every opportunity, one last thing 3rd and 5 and were 10 yards off WTF!!!!
Same thing with Clemson and Georgia. Our corner has to be more aggressive in taking that block and the safety has to anticipate those plays and come up with bad intentions. The safety can be off on those plays. Georgia and Clemson were playing off on those plays but they attack it,take good angles and most of the time make the tackle. But we don't attack the blocker and the safety takes a bad angle and whiffs the tackle. Can we fire parked let Manny be the lb coach and give the dc job to shoop? His scheme would be so much better.

Advertisement
It seems like when King is supposed to keep the ball he never does, I’ve had that same observation dating back to last season.
I saw a few times when King would have had at least 5 yards if he'd kept. Happened a lot last year too, you're right.

Lashlee trying to run his offense like Cam Newton or Nick Marshall is back there. King is not that type of qb. We need to go more air raid to set up the run and let King use his natural ability to make things happen with his legs when things break down.

TVD is actually more suited for this body wise but that is not his thing. Garcia is not either. Maybe he can do it with a Jacurri Brown. But that is a year or two down the road. What about now?

The power spread is not going to work without a qb that can run it inside or an oline that blows his man off the line.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back