Lashlee - Bama Gameplan

We spent most of last year watching Cam run into the back of the right guard. At some point you'd have to think that play shouldn't be called.

It's like Lashlee scripts a bunch of plays just to see what the defense will do. That sht don't work against Bama caliber.

But above all, we need to get better players on our O line. That's a big weakness that's taken too long to get fixed.

Advertisement
I was quite literally one of the only posters on here that questioned the Lashlee hire while most of yall couldn't stop from cumming early. Just another example of ol Robes being right.

Lashlee is what he is. Its fine.

WITH THAT SAID...

There was no level of gameplanning Rhett Lashlee could have done to compete with Alabama. Look at our players...look at who they are lining up against. The two things do not look anything alike. Our WRs are small with questionable pro outlooks and they are lining up against men that are bigger and more athletic than they are that are ready for the dance already. Our offensive line has maybe one pro on the line (Nelson) and a bunch of jabrones and they are going against the best EDGE player in the nation and some real stalwarts of college football. I saw, with my eyes, a freshman Phidarius Mathis chase down Kyler Murray on a line turning a potential big run by Murray into a -1 to 1 yard gain. What is our OL going to do with that? The answer is, not much. We have no players on our offense that would start for Alabama. 0. You're not gameplanning for that. Nevermind a guy like Lashlee being able to do it.

Alabama's defensive coordinator is also one of the very best in the game.

That defensive coordinator, Pete Golding, was mentioned by your boy, ol BoxingRobes, as a guy we should have gotten 3 years ago when he was just an assistant.

We spent most of last year watching Cam run into the back of the right guard. At some point you'd have to think that play shouldn't be called.

It's like Lashlee scripts a bunch of plays just to see what the defense will do. That sht don't work against Bama caliber.

But above all, we need to get better players on our O line. That's a big weakness that's taken too long to get fixed.
9 months to learn, tweak, adjust, implement and that was the best he came up with. It’s like he didn’t watch a single tape of teams that have put up points against Saban defenses. Did he look at the Ole Miss or UF games last year? It’s not like either team had even above average OLs last year, yet both managed to score points and keep their defense on their heels.

9 months to learn, tweak, adjust, implement and that was the best he came up with. It’s like he didn’t watch a single tape of teams that have put up points against Saban defenses. Did he look at the Ole Miss or UF games last year? It’s not like either team had even above average OLs last year, yet both managed to score points and keep their defense on their heels.
The last thing they'll expect us to do is the exact same thing we've done all along.
GIF by Identity

And that's also how we lost the 93 Sugar Bowl.

Advertisement
The last thing they'll expect us to do is the exact same thing we've done all along.
GIF by Identity

And that's also how we lost the 93 Sugar Bowl.
Incidentally, one of my vivid childhood memories is being at that Bama game. My dad couldn’t go because of work, so my mom took me to New Orleans. I remember us sneaking out to the crowd yelling Gino who and hearing that yelled all night long.

As to yesterday, yea, they’ll never see it coming!

Lol, y’all overreacting it was bama. UM will be completely fine the rest of the season. Not saying they don’t have holes a certain position and coaching can’t be better, but y’all are legit overreacting.

Last edited:
I was quite literally one of the only posters on here that questioned the Lashlee hire while most of yall couldn't stop from cumming early. Just another example of ol Robes being right.

Lashlee is what he is. Its fine.

WITH THAT SAID...

There was no level of gameplanning Rhett Lashlee could have done to compete with Alabama. Look at our players...look at who they are lining up against. The two things do not look anything alike. Our WRs are small with questionable pro outlooks and they are lining up against men that are bigger and more athletic than they are that are ready for the dance already. Our offensive line has maybe one pro on the line (Nelson) and a bunch of jabrones and they are going against the best EDGE player in the nation and some real stalwarts of college football. I saw, with my eyes, a freshman Phidarius Mathis chase down Kyler Murray on a line turning a potential big run by Murray into a -1 to 1 yard gain. What is our OL going to do with that? The answer is, not much. We have no players on our offense that would start for Alabama. 0. You're not gameplanning for that. Nevermind a guy like Lashlee being able to do it.

Alabama's defensive coordinator is also one of the very best in the game.

That defensive coordinator, Pete Golding, was mentioned by your boy, ol BoxingRobes, as a guy we should have gotten 3 years ago when he was just an assistant.

Do you think the team's inability to find a competent coordinator(s) fall on Manny or the administration's incompetence? You, LCE, etc do a better job identifying coaches and players than the **** "professionals".

Advertisement
The first 3 series against Clemson: 12 plays 16 yards

The first 3 series against Bama: 11 plays 33 yards

When you're playing as a big underdog those kinds of starts are the end of the game for you. Lashlee has serious issues.
He killed momentum the very first drive. The kids knew the coaches weren't.evwn trying to win and that shook them, understandably.

I would love so much for these kids to get the coaching they deserve.

Lol, y’all overreacting it was bama. UM will be completely find the rest of the season. Not saying they don’t have holes a certain position and coaching can’t be better, but y’all are legit overreacting.
Idk. Personally, I don't see any progression from year 1. We still can't tackle, all of this praise for Feeley and we're still a small team, the OL is still average, the receivers aren't scaring anyone, the LB's are nonexistent, still a slow team, still undisciplined, etc. The goal should be to eventually get near the level of these top teams and we're stagnant.

You're right though. The team will be fine the rest of the year, then will run into another top 25 team in a bowl and most likely lose. That's our future with Manny at the helm.

these two no calls were a 16 point swing(could have been more if Miami scored on this drive)

I hate to bring up officiating bc we were definitely outmatched and it wasn’t even close but it is crazy how the refs seem to close their eyes on a clear as day hold in the end zone that would have resulted in a safety. Also a clear as day hold/PI followed up by a targeting that was 10x worse than anything bolden did.

Attachments

• A2792E69-2A96-467E-97A7-367C80832519.jpeg
    A2792E69-2A96-467E-97A7-367C80832519.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 10
Advertisement
Many of us in the game chat agreed, the way Rhett Lashlee called the first three series of this game told us a lot about him. He called a truly scared game. Its almost as if he waited until Bama covered the spread before he started running his regular game plan. We also saw this during the Clemson game last season.

There's an old adage in the NFL, they say its better to lose traditionally than win untraditionally. To me, it looks like Lashlee called a game today designed to look good in during the interview process next offseason more so than a guy looking to upset the #1 team.

Very disappointed in him today.
Lashlee treated this game plan like he did Virginia, or a average conference or out of conference team. It was boring, lacked creativity and was not one to even compete vs Bama. I personally am super disappointed in him right now. All camp we heard king is now two years in offense. It was 💩. Not one trick play

Again, he's scared of being seen as a non-traditional play caller. He can appeal to NFL GM's by calling the type of game he called today.

There's a reason why guys like Norv Turner can be on 7-9 team after 7-9 team and still get offensive coordinator jobs while guys like Steve Spurrier got one chance at the NFL and could not sniff another job after having two bad seasons as an NFL play caller.

"Its better to fail traditionally than to succeed untraditionally."
I strongly disagree, he's just not that smart unfortunately.

Also, he's not on anyone's radar in the NFL, he's currently to busy coaching himself out of head coaching jobs in college after somehow tricking people into thinking he had some skill last year.

Following up Enos was the golden ticket he should have cashed immediately. He played himself.

Idk. Personally, I don't see any progression from year 1. We still can't tackle, all of this praise for Feeley and we're still a small team, the OL is still average, the receivers aren't scaring anyone, the LB's are nonexistent, still a slow team, still undisciplined, etc. The goal should be to eventually get near the level of these top teams and we're stagnant.

You're right though. The team will be fine the rest of the year, then will run into another top 25 team in a bowl and most likely lose. That's our future with Manny at the helm.
Feeley can’t make small guys big. They have to recruit bigger players.

Advertisement
Do you think the team's inability to find a competent coordinator(s) fall on Manny or the administration's incompetence? You, LCE, etc do a better job identifying coaches and players than the **** "professionals".
The coaches we've had - Shannon, Golden, and Manny - lack real connections around the world of coaching and also lack cache to attract up and comers, even if they identify them. FWIW - I do not think these types of coaches can adequately identify up and coming coaches in the first place, but that is neither here nor there.

Also...money is a legit concern, but shouldn't be that much of a concern when you are identifying FCS, G5 coaches that run fun offenses. Somebody keeps finding these guys, its just not Miami...and considering our lack of resources...we need to be that somebody. We do not have any decision makers that know what they are doing though and will be fine if we are 9-3, 10-2 type team.

Did you all see that canes all access segment when they meet in the qb room, the first thing he does is have his qbs write letters to their moms? I think he would make a wonderful summer camp counselor.
So would motivational Manny. He talks like a motivational speaker at a corporate retreat.

Again, he's scared of being seen as a non-traditional play caller. He can appeal to NFL GM's by calling the type of game he called today.

There's a reason why guys like Norv Turner can be on 7-9 team after 7-9 team and still get offensive coordinator jobs while guys like Steve Spurrier got one chance at the NFL and could not sniff another job after having two bad seasons as an NFL play caller.

"Its better to fail traditionally than to succeed untraditionally."
You make a good point. I was ****ed when the Phins hired Chan Gailey for OC last season. I couldn't believe the guy was still coaching. I'm happy Flores moved on from him quickly.

these two no calls were a 16 point swing(could have been more if Miami scored on this drive)

I hate to bring up officiating bc we were definitely outmatched and it wasn’t even close but it is crazy how the refs seem to close their eyes on a clear as day hold in the end zone that would have resulted in a safety. Also a clear as day hold/PI followed up by a targeting that was 10x worse than anything bolden did.

Two things are true. They missed those two calls plus some holds and we still would have lost.

I was cursing at the television pretty hard for a while there.

Advertisement
Back