Lashlee - Bama Gameplan

That third and 7 on the first drive told everyone all we needed to know. And before someone says it was an RPO or King made the wrong read, if he is still not making the right reads play and play, drive after drive, then tailor the offense to what he can do and stop making him make a **** read.
That was not an RPO. We were not even spread out. It was a called run. And like you said that sent a message to everyone in the stadium that we did not come to win. I mean we have a 5th year qb, who is the best player on your offense, and you don't put the ball in his hands to make a play on 3rd and 7. Wtf is Lashlee thinking.

Advertisement
I just cannot understand how you’re getting paid millions of dollars to coach fckn football and you coach scared..what the fck are you scared of?! You’ve already won they’re paying u stupid money to coach a game…let that sht ride..balls to the wall. Don’t leave that field with any bullets left in your gun. Unfcknbelieveable

Many of us in the game chat agreed, the way Rhett Lashlee called the first three series of this game told us a lot about him. He called a truly scared game. Its almost as if he waited until Bama covered the spread before he started running his regular game plan. We also saw this during the Clemson game last season.

There's an old adage in the NFL, they say its better to lose traditionally than win untraditionally. To me, it looks like Lashlee called a game today designed to look good in during the interview process next offseason more so than a guy looking to upset the #1 team.

Very disappointed in him today.
I said he was trash and easily replaceable last yr, and caught **** for it...Dude is no more than a journeyman....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Today was cowardly by him. How the offense suppose to play inspired when you come into the game with your tail between your legs. You ain’t ouu there with pads on. Eff you scared for

That is tbd in my opinion . However. When we finally started to throw vertical and not those dan enos screens. I thought he looked good. And I thought restrepo showed he belonged.
He'll look much better against the ACC. The LOS/boundary/quick slants today just didn't leave much room for our receivers to do much. Maybe i'm just being too hard on him against Bama. I hope so.

Laugh now.... he'll probably be our next head coach.

Angry Face Palm GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Advertisement
He’s never proved he had a good game plan against a good team, so idk why you’re surprised.

Im not willing to concede that point just yet. I felt he game planned sufficiently for the most part last season. I've been a fan of his to this point.

I think we'll see what Lashlee's made of this season given that King does not appear to have the same burst he had pre-injury.

That was not an RPO. We were not even spread out. It was a called run. And like you said that sent a message to everyone in the stadium that we did not come to win. I mean we have a 5th year qb, who is the best player on your offense, and you don't put the ball in his hands to make a play on 3rd and 7. Wtf is Lashlee thinking.
I stand corrected… maybe I was trying to subconsciously give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he couldn’t have been that stupid.

Advertisement
What happens to these OC’s playbook when they get to the U?

All I heard last year and on the pre-game today “misdirection”, “trick plays”, vertical passing game…

Where are all those things?
Aside from lining up fast, where is the creativity?

Lashlee is the person I’m most disappointed with this game.

when we came out throwing our WRs actually won their match ups.

I know king is a limited thrower and forces throws when he has time and gets impatient but if he’s your guy you gotta find ways to make it work for him.

I don’t think we have to worry about him getting head coaching offers any time soon.

Im not willing to concede that point just yet. I felt he game planned sufficiently for the most part last season. I've been a fan of his to this point.

I think we'll see what Lashlee's made of this season given that King does not appear to have the same burst he had pre-injury.
What’s it gonna take for you to concede that? Idc what he does against garbage teams. I could
come up with a gameplan to beat half the coastal. You find out what your made of when you play teams as good, or better than you. He’s failed every single test when that’s been the case.

Advertisement
Back