Kaaya released by Panthers

Such bad guidance in Brad's corner. Could be in line for a playoff bid with him under helm. Not like he NEEDED to come out either, his family has money. SMH

We'd be 3-2 right now with Kaaya. I like the guy. Good Cane. But we had 3 years of evidence showing what he could do.

I was always a big Kaaya guy, but the fit with Mark just didn't seem to fit. He had us in position to win against fsu all three years but extra point blocked, Berrios drops a TD, and well, Davin Cook was on the other team. For whatever reason, the players are playing like big time players making big time plays in big time games with Rosier. Best of luck to Brad. He gave us a ray of hope in the darkness of gold that managed to tarnish.

Advertisement
I want to feel bad for the kid, but I don't.

He apparently had plenty of people suggesting he go back to school, but he was stubborn.

That whole Brad top 5 pick talk before his junior year got to his head and he believed his own hype.

Wishing him luck nonetheless

no need to feel bad for him, he can finish his education at the u and he will be fine. football ain't for everybody.

Good point. He should finish up. In fact, maybe a GA position is in his future!

He apparently had plenty of people suggesting he go back to school, but he was stubborn.

That whole Brad top 5 pick talk before his junior year got to his head and he believed his own hype.

Lmao what hype?? Oh the delusional Canesinsight.com hype smh I guess he was a member on this site or something bc there was never any real hype except for what some cane fans believed smh

how much of it was brad making a bad decision to leave vs richt wanting him to move on????

this is what I would like to know. Is there any truth to the rumors that richt didnt exactly want him back?

There is 0 truth to those rumors. Richt was starring down a True Freshman, a former walk-on and a guy he was pretty sure couldn't play here. It ended up the latter won the job, but it certainly wasn't his expectation. Had Kaaya come back, he would be the starter on this football team. His absence opened up an opportunity and Malik seized it.

I don't get why Kaaya has become a controversial figure here. His record was his record. I don't recall him ever rising to an occasion with a refuse-to-lose attitude. IMO, that is the one factor that Rosier has on him as a QB. Malik just refuses to believe the game is out of his hands.

To be fair, however, Brad did have the lead on FSU all three of his starts here, so I don't think each one was on him. I still don't think we are undefeated with him this year though. FSU was Malik's moment. He was just the guy for that particular series of event. That happens.

Advertisement
Such bad guidance in Brad's corner. Could be in line for a playoff bid with him under helm. Not like he NEEDED to come out either, his family has money. SMH

Have you been paying attention?

Not to turn this into a bash Kaaya thread, but I can think of three or four plays easily that he doesn't' make vs GT that Rosier did.

We will never know that. Its oh so easy to bash Kayaa but to say we wouldn't be in ithe position we are now with him is nonsensical because for all we know he coulda put up ******* numbers and we'd win by a even higher number. Its a slippery slope that will remain unknown, point blank period

All this talk about not being in the FSU and GT games, I guess everybody forgot the work Kayaa has put in against GT pass couple years(except his 2 INT game against them), two comeback drive against FSU in multiple years (1 being inept defensive coaching being the downfall, the other being a missed extra point). But you're right...completely would've lost LOL

All this talk about not being in the FSU and GT games, I guess everybody forgot the work Kayaa has put in against GT pass couple years(except his 2 INT game against them), two comeback drive against FSU in multiple years (1 being inept defensive coaching being the downfall, the other being a missed extra point). But you're right...completely would've lost LOL

All we have to go on is the indisputable fact that Brad Kayaa never won a game, not once, in which he was given the opportunity to lead us to a win in the 4th quarter.

Advertisement

Lol I'm not even surprised by post like this anymore

Lmao what hype?? Oh the delusional Canesinsight.com hype smh I guess he was a member on this site or something bc there was never any real hype except for what some cane fans believed smh

There was a TON of media hype around Kaaya going into his Junior year. A lot of people thought of him as a future first round pick.

Advertisement
how much of it was brad making a bad decision to leave vs richt wanting him to move on????

this is what I would like to know. Is there any truth to the rumors that richt didnt exactly want him back?

There is 0 truth to those rumors. Richt was starring down a True Freshman, a former walk-on and a guy he was pretty sure couldn't play here. It ended up the latter won the job, but it certainly wasn't his expectation. Had Kaaya come back, he would be the starter on this football team. His absence opened up an opportunity and Malik seized it.

This is spot on. We're very conveniently forgetting that Rick once told Rosier that he'll never play for him and that it was obviously proven that he wasn't just handing the job to a true freshman. Kaaya at the very very least would've been the guaranteed starter all the way to the FSU game. MAYBE he gets yanked there if he $hits the bed early but even that assumes that Rosier had impressed in the summer with less reps and possibly less motivation for a job that wasn't perceived as open.

In relation to Kaaya's decision making to leave, I will always blame a situation where a kid has a "camp" on the West Coast that extended beyond his family. "Guru" types believe the hype faster than anyone because they themselves are also in the business of generating hype.

You guys are assuming we would have been in a position where we needed a last second td against FSU and GT had Kayaa been our qb. But that's not a forgone conclusion, we could have been up a couple tds with him, who knows.

Against FSU he essentially had leads going into the half twice and we lost both of those games with him at the helm.

this is a pet peeve. where you in the room when he was given The Guidance? probably not. no one here (except probably The Brow) knows what guidance was given to kaaya. maybe everyone including Richt told him to stay and he said no and left. i'll bet your b@lls that yearby, forston, brandon washington et al were given the same guidance and all disregarded it.

i think kaaya is done, but i wished and continue to wish him well. he will forever be a Cane.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rick didn't try hard to convince Kaaya to stay. That's a fact.

Had he stayed, he probably would have wound up starting because that's just how it almost always works at that position. However, just because he would have started doesn't mean he's better or that he should have started. We see backups outperforming starters all the time.

You guys act like there's some scientific formula to it when there isn't. Coaches just try to extrapolate what they see in practice to making their starting selections for games. Doesn't always pan out. This is especially true at QB where performing with live bullets flying is SO MUCH different than practice.

Richt explained early in the season the thing that makes Rosier more effective than Kaaya in his offense - the threat that he can tuck it and run means the D generally has to spy him, putting one less player in pass coverage, and defense has to keep contain, which slows the rush down. We had a thousand arguments about the RPO last year and whether the "run" part was exclusive to the RB. Now the qb has the ability to pick up 3-4 yards if the pass isn't there. I said it last year - a QB who can pick up just 40-50 yards a game with his feet would make the offense a monster. If Rosier could be sharper in the first half of games (I think Richt said he has too much adrenaline), we should be in good shape the rest of the season. I don't know what another year would have done for Kaaya. I suspect we'd be 4-1, with loss to FSU. GT his accuracy would likely have been a help in first half, I don't think he had to worry about pass rush so we are probably up by 14 going into halftime. FSU he would have been TKO'd and there is no doubt in my mind that he would have been sacked on final drive, and we'd come up just short (again).

Advertisement
Back