Kaaya released by Panthers

Advertisement
Here's the deal for me. I agree with Inday about having mass respect for Brad coming to Miami considering the shape we were in at the time. I once read a piece he wrote about being a California kid in love with The U, and it began for him at the 2002 Rose Bowl when Miami Mania took over Pasadena. He became a fan because of the fans before he was old enough to understand football. There was no other reason for a kid with his ability out of high school to come here with our program in the shape it was, and there was no reason for him to honor his commitment once the home team USC Trojans matched our offer.

The problem, though, was not only that Kaaya failed to deliver in big games. The entire team folded down the stretch of games. ****, I as a fan, folded down the stretch of games. That's what being a leader is about. When those players are in the huddle they're looking at the QB to tell them how they're going to win. I never saw that in Brad. There was always this sense that we were somehow going to find a way to lose. Last Saturday against Georgia Tech, I never thought we might lose. I knew we were going to find a way to win. All you had to do was look at out players on the field and on the sidelines. It was the Georgia Tech QB who was on the sideline in the surrender cobra pose who knew the game was lost even though they had the lead.

Kaaya is the reason Richt is here. His career didn't go like we all thought it would, he's a cane and I'll always root for him. Maybe Richt can bring him back to be a GA.

I don't think Kaaya is "un-athletic" or that his inability to run was the source of his failure. He just seemed to have no balance, like he suffered from vertigo or something. If an offensive lineman merely bumped into him, he would topple over. He didn't , for the most part, look shell-shocked in the pocket, he was just a weeble - wobble who would tip sideways upon contact.

I don't think Kaaya is "un-athletic" or that his inability to run was the source of his failure. He just seemed to have no balance, like he suffered from vertigo or something. If an offensive lineman merely bumped into him, he would topple over. He didn't , for the most part, look shell-shocked in the pocket, he was just a weeble - wobble who would tip sideways upon contact.

I think Brad was unathletic. A normal 21 year old man who is 6-4 and 215 should be faster than he is. He was laughably slow for a guy without any conditions and not fat.

Advertisement
All this talk about not being in the FSU and GT games, I guess everybody forgot the work Kayaa has put in against GT pass couple years(except his 2 INT game against them), two comeback drive against FSU in multiple years (1 being inept defensive coaching being the downfall, the other being a missed extra point). But you're right...completely would've lost LOL

Lol I'm not even surprised by post like this anymore

Was anything I said something false though? no.

Such bad guidance in Brad's corner. Could be in line for a playoff bid with him under helm. Not like he NEEDED to come out either, his family has money. SMH

Kaaya was 0-for-career in games when the Canes were down at the half. Rosier is 3-0 in them.

I'm convinced that we'd be 3-2 with Kaaya back.

I don't get the usage of these selective stats to bash Kaaya.

We were down to F$U at the half this year because Rosier missed on a bunch of passes. If Kaaya is in the game, how do you know that we wouldn't have a halftime lead?

Look, I understand not thinking Kaaya is the best ever, but guys do improve with age (and better coaching) and if we had Kaaya instead of Rosier, we might have had bigger victories over both F$U and GaTech.

It's just a big unknown, and there is no need to trash Kaaya because he had to attempt a bunch of comebacks during 2 years under Golden.

Kaaya led the game "tying" drive against FSU last year so it's not like he has no clutch factor. But watching the replay you can definitely tell he's rattled. Rosier appears to never be rattled.

hUh. Skinny hoe handle hips Brad DIDN'T even ' run ' at his NFL combines and all that.

Advertisement
Such bad guidance in Brad's corner. Could be in line for a playoff bid with him under helm. Not like he NEEDED to come out either, his family has money. SMH

Kaaya was 0-for-career in games when the Canes were down at the half. Rosier is 3-0 in them.

We were down to F$U at the half this year because Rosier missed on a bunch of passes. If Kaaya is in the game, how do you know that we wouldn't have a halftime lead?

Look, I understand not thinking Kaaya is the best ever, but guys do improve with age (and better coaching) and if we had Kaaya instead of Rosier, we might have had bigger victories over both F$U and GaTech.

It's just a big unknown, and there is no need to trash Kaaya because he had to attempt a bunch of comebacks during 2 years under Golden.

Kaaya led the game "tying" drive against FSU last year so it's not like he has no clutch factor. But watching the replay you can definitely tell he's rattled. Rosier appears to never be rattled.

He didn't lead anything. Berrios got us down inside the redzone.

Poor guy. Maybe he should become a GA somewhere.

Don't see Brad as a guy that really loves football. I think coaching would be unlikely in this case. He is very, very smart. Led all QBs in Wonderlic scores. I think he'll do very well in the corporate world.

Advertisement
I'm really wondering who was advising him the entire process. He didn't participate in a single combine workout which killed any chance he had to possibly squash the unathletic QB tag from following him around.

I can't imagine he would have done worse than guys like Cooper Rush and DeShone Kizer in a lot of those drills.

His measurables were solid compared to guys like Mahomes, Trubinsky and Watson.

Dude just seemed to make every mistake possible from declaring forward.

I want to feel bad for the kid, but I don't.

He apparently had plenty of people suggesting he go back to school, but he was stubborn.

That whole Brad top 5 pick talk before his junior year got to his head and he believed his own hype.

Wishing him luck nonetheless

Lmao what hype?? Oh the delusional Canesinsight.com hype smh I guess he was a member on this site or something bc there was never any real hype except for what some cane fans believed smh

They were plenty of mock drafts and analysts that had Brad in the top 5 but carry on

He is incredibly unathletic. Balance is a big component of athleticism. So is quickness and speed. He lacked all of those things about as badly as any P5 QB could.

He got by on his technique and arm and smarts. He was a pretty accurate thrower with a good arm who usually knew where to go with the ball. But his athleticism is off the charts bad.

Advertisement
Sucks, wish him nothing but the best, but those with eyes saw and acknowledged his "NFL value" his sophomore year. Unfortunately, an extra year wouldn't have helped him. Slowest feet on any QB (he made Dorsey look like a ballerina back there) I have ever seen combined with poor pocket awareness, this the unfortunate result. No shame in it either, he made it, and not many can say that.

I'm really wondering who was advising him the entire process. He didn't participate in a single combine workout which killed any chance he had to possibly squash the unathletic QB tag from following him around.

I can't imagine he would have done worse than guys like Cooper Rush and DeShone Kizer in a lot of those drills.

His measurables were solid compared to guys like Mahomes, Trubinsky and Watson.

Dude just seemed to make every mistake possible from declaring forward.

How was he going to squash the unathletic tag by showing everyone how grotesquely unathletic he was at combine events.

Ducking those events didn't fool anyone either, but participating would have been like the light switch dyck dude who prances around the gym locker room naked.

Again, I am not arguing with that point, that Rosier might be a bit more poised under pressure.

But the STATS that were cited had to do with second-half comebacks. And we have NO IDEA whether second-half comebacks are even necessary with Kaaya playing in place of Rosier this year.

Kaaya's decision to leave was a poor one, and I think he would have improved significantly with another year of coaching. He was dealt a bad hand for his first two years, though.

Again, I am not arguing with that point, that Rosier might be a bit more poised under pressure.

But the STATS that were cited had to do with second-half comebacks. And we have NO IDEA whether second-half comebacks are even necessary with Kaaya playing in place of Rosier this year.

Kaaya's decision to leave was a poor one, and I think he would have improved significantly with another year of coaching. He was dealt a bad hand for his first two years, though.

Oh, I wasn't arguing with you. Just supplementing that he can somewhat lead a comeback like Rosier can since everyone was saying that Kaaya couldn't. And then just analyzing what I saw when rewatching Kaaya's comeback drive against FSU just now.

Advertisement
Back