Kaaya released by Panthers

Kaaya had the unfortunate opportunity to play under what history will record as the worst coach in Miami's history, AG.

I will not bash him. Best of luck.

Advertisement
My thoughts on this remain exactly the same. Sucks for Kaaya, but relatively predictable stuff:

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 11.04.49 AM.jpg

Kaaya could have used one more year here with an actual group of coaches who've put QBs in the NFL, but was he really going to get much better?

You can't play in the NFL without being able to move your feet. There's a reason why every QB coming into the league can play out of the pocket now, Trubinsky, Watson, Prescott, Brissett, Winston, Mariota, Wentz ect. all are more than capable of taking the ball in their own hands.

Brad's game isn't for the modern NFL.

Kaaya could have used one more year here with an actual group of coaches who've put QBs in the NFL, but was he really going to get much better?

You can't play in the NFL without being able to move your feet. There's a reason why every QB coming into the league can play out of the pocket now, Trubinsky, Watson, Prescott, Brissett, Winston, Mariota, Wentz ect. all are more than capable of taking the ball in their own hands.

He has little to no pocket presence. If you are going to be as un-athletic as he is, then you need to have a good idea what's going on in the pocket and how to side step or slide away from pressure.

Un-athletic guys can do great things in the NFL, but you have to shore up the other parts of your game to get it done. Brad was no where close to that when he bolted to the promised land.

Advertisement
Kaaya had elite accuracy IF and only IF he had a clean pocket. Ive never seen a qb feel the pressure like he did. It was hard to watch when it was obvious he was shook and the offense would go 3 and out over and over. Malik gives us a dimension we haven't seen in a long time. He extends plays and forces to defense to choose, I think he will continue to develop his eyes staying downfield to throw rather than make the run. But I must say he is really shifty and gets 3 extra yards almost every time he's going down. So I'm not complaining. I'll never bash Brad because he came here and played when we were in some dark days, but its refreshing to have a qb who is COLDBLOODED.

Kaaya had elite accuracy IF and only IF he had a clean pocket. Ive never seen a qb feel the pressure like he did. It was hard to watch when it was obvious he was shook and the offense would go 3 and out over and over. Malik gives us a dimension we haven't seen in a long time. He extends plays and forces to defense to choose, I think he will continue to develop his eyes staying downfield to throw rather than make the run. But I must say he is really shifty and gets 3 extra yards almost every time he's going down. So I'm not complaining. I'll never bash Brad because he came here and played when we were in some dark days, but its refreshing to have a qb who is COLDBLOODED.

It got called back for a hold, but remember his long TD run vs Toledo? McDermott got pushed back into Rosier. He tucked the ball and ran and ended up in the end zone for about a 30 yd run. Kayaa would have folded to the ground the moment McDermott bumped into him

He has little to no pocket presence. If you are going to be as un-athletic as he is, then you need to have a good idea what's going on in the pocket and how to side step or slide away from pressure.

Un-athletic guys can do great things in the NFL, but you have to shore up the other parts of your game to get it done. Brad was no where close to that when he bolted to the promised land.

Unfortunately it wasn't that Kaaya was "un-athletic" like you would say a Philip Rivers is maybe, or guys that aren't really runners, it's that he has/had poor balance in addition to being un-athletic. He couldn't stand in the pocket and throw without an absolutely clean pocket. He would literally fall down if any got close to him. It's too bad, I really wish him nothing but the best because he did bust his *** on the field. Will always be a true cane to me.

Advertisement

Unfortunately it wasn't that Kaaya was "un-athletic" like you would say a Philip Rivers is maybe, or guys that aren't really runners, it's that he has/had poor balance in addition to being un-athletic. He couldn't stand in the pocket and throw without an absolutely clean pocket. He would literally fall down if any got close to him. It's too bad, I really wish him nothing but the best because he did bust his *** on the field. Will always be a true cane to me.

He's a guy who seemingly maxed out his ability coming out of HS. It happens sometimes. He never really got better at the things he needed to get better at in order to advance himself.

Advertisement
Meh, he wasn't suited for the offense Richt is trying to run here. He was one of Golden/Coley's chosen guys. He left. Our offense is better off now, even with a QB who struggles with accuracy. Don't hate the dude. He's a good kid and will find success somewhere.

Kayaa would have balled-out this year IMO. The kid can flat out spin it for a college QB. Give him a second year in and offense WITH RICHT CALLING PLAYS TO HIS STRENGHTS and we are an offensive machine. Most glaring example to me is the lack of production out of our TE's. We have a special talent at the TE position right now in Chris Herndon and we essentially don't get him the ball other than screen passes. Nothing against Rosier, he is what he is and the guy is a competitor and nothing but love for him, but Kayaa could have put up special numbers this year....

Unfortunately if your feet are stuck in concrete the game has passed you by.
“Tom Brady on line 1”

Brady has an entire offense built on his ability to get the ball of his hand quicker than anyone in the NFL. He's also 53 years old.

Kaaya doesn't have the pocket presence nor the arm strength to play in an offense like that.
No disagreement there. The point is there is a place for a developed Kaaya in the NFL. The problem in the NFL is NOT that there are better coaches to teach, the problem is they have very little time to teach and these guys are fighting for their jobs too. The place to get that learning is college, but if you have a coach who may not believe what do you do? Graduate transfer? LOL. For all the people who hate Brad, they’d chip in to hire a hit man if he went the graduate transfer route (Think Russell Wilson).

As for the Yearby/Kaaya comparison...there really isn’t one. Kaaya could have learned to become a much better QB than Yearby could have learned to become a RB, and they still not had what it took to be drafted or make a roster for the year. Everyone is not going to be NFL material, even if they win the Heisman (Toretta).

Advertisement
how much of it was brad making a bad decision to leave vs richt wanting him to move on????

Wow.. you're way better than this 5X. Until he showed out in Spring and Fall (mostly Fall) Richt wasn't even sure Rosier belonged on the roster, and pretty much telegraphed he was gonna start a true freshman. You really think in light of that he pushed Brad out the door? Come on man..

Kayaa would have balled-out this year IMO. The kid can flat out spin it for a college QB. Give him a second year in and offense WITH RICHT CALLING PLAYS TO HIS STRENGHTS and we are an offensive machine. Most glaring example to me is the lack of production out of our TE's. We have a special talent at the TE position right now in Chris Herndon and we essentially don't get him the ball other than screen passes. Nothing against Rosier, he is what he is and the guy is a competitor and nothing but love for him, but Kayaa could have put up special numbers this year....

Njoku is 100x the receiving threat Herndon is. And Richards was healthy last year.

Never understood the hate for this kid. He never lived up to expectations and some of that falls on him, but a lot of it falls on the pathetic coaching he received for most his time here.

Wish him the best.

Advertisement
Back