Kaaya released by Panthers

You guys are assuming we would have been in a position where we needed a last second td against FSU and GT had Kayaa been our qb. But that's not a forgone conclusion, we could have been up a couple tds with him, who knows.

Those games are rarely close though. Kaaya put us ahead the past couple times and then we needed a comeback late. Rosier put us ahead in the 2nd half and then he needed to drive again. That's just the way football is. Even our national championship years we needed close victories. Kaaya wasn't cut out for it at this level. Should have more success at the next level given his talent, just needs to build his confidence and get on the right team to develop.

Advertisement
You guys are assuming we would have been in a position where we needed a last second td against FSU and GT had Kayaa been our qb. But that's not a forgone conclusion, we could have been up a couple tds with him, who knows.

Those games are rarely close though. Kaaya put us ahead the past couple times and then we needed a comeback late. Rosier put us ahead in the 2nd half and then he needed to drive again. That's just the way football is. Even our national championship years we needed close victories. Kaaya wasn't cut out for it at this level. Should have more success at the next level given his talent, just needs to build his confidence and get on the right team to develop.

NFL is even tougher than the ACC. He just doesn't have it. Still has a good GPA and a good background. I'd bet he will be very successful in a civilian job

Such bad guidance in Brad's corner. Could be in line for a playoff bid with him under helm. Not like he NEEDED to come out either, his family has money. SMH

Kaaya was 0-for-career in games when the Canes were down at the half. Rosier is 3-0 in them.

I'm convinced that we'd be 3-2 with Kaaya back.

You may be right. I always saw Kaaya choke under high pressure. Rosier seems to IMPROVE under pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW! Just when I think you can't say anything dumber, you go and top yourself again. The NFL is much tougher than college Einstein. The players are bigger, stronger, and faster.

Advertisement
Hope the kid makes it. Cleveland should try to pick him up....not like they have anything to lose w the bums they have at QB

No. We're assuming Kaaya would have been the same guy we saw for 3 years--pretty good stats but no ability to get it done in crunch time. He looked the same last year as he did the previous year under Coley.

On top of that, his insanely bad athleticism limited the offense incredibly.

NFL is even tougher than the ACC. He just doesn't have it. Still has a good GPA and a good background. I'd bet he will be very successful in a civilian job

Of course the NFL is tougher, but Kaaya also had elite level accuracy at times. It's the intangibles, athleticism, and development that he needed.

Last edited:
Advertisement

WOW! Just when I think you can't say anything dumber, you go and top yourself again. The NFL is much tougher than college Einstein. The players are bigger, stronger, and faster.

Amazing that you chime in on this, weren't you wrong on just about anything/everything Kaaya related? Still trying to get some though? LOL!

how much of it was brad making a bad decision to leave vs richt wanting him to move on????

Here's how I see their conversation:

BK: Coach, I'm thinking about leaving for the draft
CMR: Good luck kid. Do you need help cleaning out your locker?

No. We're assuming Kaaya would have been the same guy we saw for 3 years--pretty good stats but no ability to get it done in crunch time. He looked the same last year as he did the previous year under Coley.

On top of that, his insanely bad athleticism limited the offense incredibly.

And that's one of the biggest differences is how athleticism and the ability to improvise is so much more needed at the collegiate level. Kaaya was never really cut out for football at the collegiate level.

Such bad guidance in Brad's corner. Could be in line for a playoff bid with him under helm. Not like he NEEDED to come out either, his family has money. SMH

what staying a extra year would of done? He would be who he is and get cutt again it is what it is

Sure. Why even go to college? These kids are what that were...in high school...

Give me a break. Kaaya could have gained immensely from another year of college coaching under Richt.

Advertisement

what staying a extra year would of done? He would be who he is and get cutt again it is what it is

Sure. Why even go to college? These kids are what that were...in high school...

Give me a break. Kaaya could have gained immensely from another year of college coaching under Richt.

You aren't low key a little happy he decided to go pro? Malik has IT, I'm grateful for what Brad did but also SUPER GRATEFUL he decided to leave. no matter what Rosier did he wasn't going to unseat a 3 year starter. This was best for all parties.

Advertisement
The formula to stop Kaaya is simple. Hit him good once. Do that and he's done. Don't give a **** about his physical skill set. Rosier is tougher and has more moxy. To underscore the difference between these two guys I would ask you to envision how Brad would have handled that high snap in the GT game.

Advertisement
Back