Kaaya released by Panthers

Advertisement
I don't think Kaaya is "un-athletic" or that his inability to run was the source of his failure. He just seemed to have no balance, like he suffered from vertigo or something. If an offensive lineman merely bumped into him, he would topple over. He didn't , for the most part, look shell-shocked in the pocket, he was just a weeble - wobble who would tip sideways upon contact.

He is incredibly unathletic. Balance is a big component of athleticism. So is quickness and speed. He lacked all of those things about as badly as any P5 QB could.

He got by on his technique and arm and smarts. He was a pretty accurate thrower with a good arm who usually knew where to go with the ball. But his athleticism is off the charts bad.

Good point on balance being a part of athletic. What I mean is that I don't think Kaaya was without athletic potential. He passed the eyeball test, and I thought he was the type of qb who COULD run if he wanted to, but it was not part of his qb repertoire. Some site says he ran a 4.8 40 out of high school, which I think is actually faster than Perry's time. Then I actually saw him run in a game and thought, "Does he have bunions or something? Is this a joke?" Don't understand how he could be so slow footed. He looked like an athlete, but obviously the results showed otherwise. Even with the slow footedness, I think his biggest flaw was that he would fall over in a stiff breeze. You don't have to run to be successful, but you sure as **** can't lose your balance whenever a player touches your uniform.

Last edited:
I don't think Kaaya is "un-athletic" or that his inability to run was the source of his failure. He just seemed to have no balance, like he suffered from vertigo or something. If an offensive lineman merely bumped into him, he would topple over. He didn't , for the most part, look shell-shocked in the pocket, he was just a weeble - wobble who would tip sideways upon contact.

He is incredibly unathletic. Balance is a big component of athleticism. So is quickness and speed. He lacked all of those things about as badly as any P5 QB could.

He got by on his technique and arm and smarts. He was a pretty accurate thrower with a good arm who usually knew where to go with the ball. But his athleticism is off the charts bad.

Good point on balance being a part of athletic. What I mean is that I don't think Kaaya was without athletic potential. He passed the eyeball test, and I thought he was the type of qb who COULD run if he wanted to, but it was not part of his qb repertoire. Some site says he ran a 4.8 40 out of high school, which I think is actually faster than Perry's time. Then I actually saw him run in a game and thought, "Does he have bunions or something? Is this a joke?" Don't understand how he could be so slow footed. He looked like an athlete, but obviously the results showed otherwise. Even with the slow footedness, I think his biggest flaw was that he would fall over in a stiff breeze. You don't have to run to be successful, but you sure as **** can't lose your balance whenever a player touches your uniform.

He ran something like a 5.25 forty while here at UM. That combined with his lack of quickness and him falling over from the breeze of a gnat flying by, and you have a supremely unathletic dude.

Not quite sure what "eyeball test" he passed that you're talking about, but he never looked even remotely athletic while here.

He was named as player of the year in California. They play pretty good football in the LA area, probably second best area in country behind SFL. I (wrongly) assumed the best player in one of the best high school football areas would have at least marginal athleticism.

I want to feel bad for the kid, but I don't.

He apparently had plenty of people suggesting he go back to school, but he was stubborn.

That whole Brad top 5 pick talk before his junior year got to his head and he believed his own hype.

Wishing him luck nonetheless

Lmao what hype?? Oh the delusional Canesinsight.com hype smh I guess he was a member on this site or something bc there was never any real hype except for what some cane fans believed smh

They were plenty of mock drafts and analysts that had Brad in the top 5 but carry on

no that never happened

Never happened huh? There are a ton of them out there hyping his sorry *** up before last season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/05/02/nfl-mock-draft-2017-top-prospects
UM's Brad Kaaya projected as high as No. 1 in 2017 mock drafts - Sun Sentinel

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back