Kaaya released by Panthers

I thought he was going to be the 1st overall pick, according to some posters.

Advertisement
Hope he gets a cup of coffee somewhere else in the league. Wish him the best. He came when there was no light in the program, I'll always appreciate that.

Last edited:
If this year has taught us anything, it’s that judging players on what they did previously isn’t a good standard.

Most of the same posters crapping on Brad thought Rosier would be a disaster and are now pleasantly surprised. Langham? Seriously, look how many written off players stepped up this year, or ar at least playing over expectations. (I can remember reading serious doubts about Homer, Travis; see rb)

I always liked Brad, so I’m biased for rather than against. It’s just always shocking to read the hate against a true Miami Hurricane that played to the best of HIS ability and kept us respectable (more or less) during the low times.

I’m hoping Brad can be picked up by another NFL team before he looks to the CFL. Or, begin success in the next chapter of his life whatever that may be.

how much of it was brad making a bad decision to leave vs richt wanting him to move on????

Advertisement
Such bad guidance in Brad's corner. Could be in line for a playoff bid with him under helm. Not like he NEEDED to come out either, his family has money. SMH

what staying a extra year would of done? He would be who he is and get cutt again it is what it is

I don't know but I know kaaya was holding him back from running the offense he wants to run.

Advertisement
why would he make a great qb coach? based on what? is that just something to say when a decent college player doesn't make the nfl?

Dorsey you could say that about and people got it. not sure why you think so about brad.

Advertisement
They can't go from Cam to a statue. Big drop off there. Goode lawke.

I think we'd be 4-1 with Kaaya at the helm. We would've lost to FSU. Rosier played like crap in the 1st half of that game, but Rosier had to stay mobile and escape the pocket against FSU's rush. Kaaya would've been sacked multiple times in the 1st half; and we have a good sample size on how Kaaya plays when he gets hit - not good.

When needed, Rosier made the necessary plays in the clutch where we've never really seen that with Kaaya. I do think with Kaaya though that we would not have been in a close game with GT given that they don't have anywhere near GT's pass rush.

Not to knock Kaaya, good Cane and all, but it's a good thing he didn't come back.

Hope he gets a cup of coffee somewhere else in the league. With him the best. He came when there was no light in the program, I'll always appreciate that.

This is a great point.

I take no pleasure in typing negative things about guys who gave their bodies for the Canes to win games. I just believe that Rosier gives us a better chance of winning tight games than Kaaya would have. I wish Brad the best in the future.

Advertisement
I'd take first half Kaaya and second half Rosier. We'd be stomping everyone. ;o)

I'm grateful for what Brad did for the program. Since he's gone now I hope we can be honest. He was just not a strong enough leader or a good enough athlete to really play QB. Kaaya had no fire. He needed the Dallas Cowboys O-Line to have a shot at getting passes off.

Kaaya's Iron Arrow, a smart kid, never been even remotely associated with trouble, and helped us out at a low point. I'm thankful for Brad's contributions, but also thankful he's on to the next step for him.

I want to feel bad for the kid, but I don't.

He apparently had plenty of people suggesting he go back to school, but he was stubborn.

That whole Brad top 5 pick talk before his junior year got to his head and he believed his own hype.

Wishing him luck nonetheless

no need to feel bad for him, he can finish his education at the u and he will be fine. football ain't for everybody.

Advertisement
Back