Jonathan Feliciano on Folden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Kaaya was not only better than Ryan Williams as a freshman, he was better than any quarterback who's played here since Ken Dorsey. Besides the Louisville game, where he was obviously rattled, there was no other point in the season where I thought, hmmm, they should think about changing the quarterback. If anything, he was one of the few bright spots in 2014.

Advertisement
This guy wants to have football debates but he's in here kissin machos tip and asking him to assess the team......

:highly_amused:

No wonder you think Georgia Tech has great olineman.

fuggin tool.. :4e49C5euykr1O.jpg:

Brad Kaaya was not only better than Ryan Williams as a freshman, he was better than any quarterback who's played here since Ken Dorsey. Besides the Louisville game, where he was obviously rattled, there was no other point in the season where I thought, hmmm, they should think about changing the quarterback. If anything, he was one of the few bright spots in 2014.

Nobody is going to argue that Williams is/was better than Kaaya. Feliciano wasn't arguing that either. As his good friend who worked his *** off to get better, I'm sure Feliciano and the upper classmen felt slighted the coaching staff went with Kaaya.

This bigger issue is that those same upperclassmen felt the decision was made to create the gateway to a new excuse when the team struggled:

"We'd love to have been better this year, but you can only go so far with a true freshman quarterback."

When 95% of the mongoloids that frequent this board were using the term "mope" to describe fans who weren't optimistic heading into the 2014 season, internally amongst the team, we had players that were onto Folden and knew he was trying to protect his ***. The fact some of them thought he went with Kaaya simply to create a new excuse when the team inevitably failed demonstrates no trust between the head coach and his players and is further evidence that Folden is a selfish, pathetic, and useless waste of human life. I loathe him forever.

lol, the legend of Ryan Williams continues to grow. I'm all for taking a massive dump on Golden but as others have noted, starting Kaaya his freshman year was the right decision. IIRC, Williams wasn't even ready to go at the beginning of the season. It was Kaaya vs. Heaps. You start the freshman with upside 100 times out of 100 in that scenario. By the time Williams was cleared, Kaaya's redshirt was already burnt and he was more than holding his own. I wish D-Money would post on this topic. I'm sure he would have some good insight to share.

OTOH, Golden absolutely deserves to be slammed for the Morris situation. I said that entire year that Morris had no business starting the way he was hobbling around. If it is true that Golden refused to let the kid get an MRI, then he's an even bigger piece of **** than we all thought he was, and that is saying something.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's hard to figure how the NFL overlooked Ryan Williams.

Lol

Hmm maybe because he never played?? besides being a good college player doesnt necessarily translate to being a good NFL player thats not the point anybody is here to make.. I also have told you multiple players told me back then that they wanted Ryan Williams to playat the time he opened up the offense he had a better grasp of the offense and plays much better.. Golden used Kaaya as a scapegoat and played for the future. SImple fact is if you came in Kaayas freshman year and saw both of them you would pick Williams... You ****gots forgot that kaaya didnt even come that early..he didnt early enroll or anythingeven his own high school coach was surprised that Kaaya got the starting nod. The offense was definitely held back for Kaaya and thats what really wouldve made the difference..I was negged for stating this

Lol

Hmm maybe because he never played?? besides being a good college player doesnt necessarily translate to being a good NFL player thats not the point anybody is here to make.. I also have told you multiple players told me back then that they wanted Ryan Williams to playat the time he opened up the offense he had a better grasp of the offense and plays much better.. Golden used Kaaya as a scapegoat and played for the future. SImple fact is if you came in Kaayas freshman year and saw both of them you would pick Williams... You ****gots forgot that kaaya didnt even come that early..he didnt early enroll or anythingeven his own high school coach was surprised that Kaaya got the starting nod. The offense was definitely held back for Kaaya and thats what really wouldve made the difference..I was negged for stating this

The difference in what? Duke's 1800 yards and Kaaya's 26 TDs wasn't enough? James Coley, Al Golden and their milk the clock philosophy held the offense back. I'm interested to know what people thought Ryan Williams was capable of with James Coley as his OC.

According to feliciano, Williams was cleared and ready to play and the team was 4 wins better than wirh kaaya. He gave all respect to kaaya but said the team was better with Williams starting as a senior.
Love Feliciano, but that is garbage

ryan Williams was average at best. starting kaaya was one and only decision golden got right.

Kayya would have been good regardless and could have been Winston like had he had a chance to redshirt

The team may have won more games had Ryan started because the Seniors would have been on board the whole season, it's hard for guys thinking about the NFL to play for the "team" when the coach is trying to buy time with what would appear to be a built in excuse especially if Ryan was a locker room favorite... it would be like Riley trading Dragic for nothing and telling Wade they want to build with B. Weber

Good reason to throw in Pitt and UVA with Louisville then.
What was the 4th win he alluded to...FSU?
Although Ryan may have played better in the 2nd half, I don't see him playing as well as Kaaya did in the 1st half.

Pitt and UVA the defense gave up 30 and 35. Don't see either QB making up for that

Advertisement

Lol

The difference in what? Duke's 1800 yards and Kaaya's 26 TDs wasn't enough? James Coley, Al Golden and their milk the clock philosophy held the offense back. I'm interested to know what people thought Ryan Williams was capable of with James Coley as his OC.

26 tds and kaaya has never won us a game... Numbers lie.. 5th yea senior is gonna have better intangibles than a true Freshman 90% of the time..... Games are a lot of times won by making right plays at the right time not saying Ryan could've done that but his teammaYes thought he was better prepared too...

All we needed Williams to do and all he was gonna do was be a game manager. On the whole, he's not a better qb than kaaya, but, for that season, it might have played out better if he was the starter. Sometimes you throw a true freshman qb into that situation and they never materialize as they get shellshocked. Kaaya responded well. I think he'd have been better off getting playing time in the right situations as a freshman and taking over his soph year.

I told everybody on this board before that Ryan Williams shouldve started as soon as he was cleared to play, 90% on here believed Kaaya was better at the time i wasnt one of them.

Kaaya shouldve redshirtrd... But It makes sense now to why Golden went with Kaaya bc of the excuse he woukd have smh he tanked the season on purpose, not saying that team was going to be special **** no but there were seniors on that team that deserved the best opportunity for success on the field and that was with Ryan Williams.

I'm sorry Kaaya was better as a true freshman a couple months removed from hs. Golden initially brought Williams here to start but they soon realized that he didn't have it. Remember the article with the nfl scout basically saying we had to llay Morris or our season was doomed with Williams? Williams just didn't have. I mean the jerks prevented Morris from getting an mri when be was hurt. They had no confidence in Williams. They brought in qb bust because they felt they had no answer. Kaaya was the better qb.

A freshman QB (Brad Kaaya) that isnt comfortable executing the full playbook, shaking in his boots 1st game of the season and throughout when the going gets tough on the field later in the season.... isnt better than a poised Senior QB thats mastered the playbook and could make every throw as well. Ryan Williams was better that year.

I'm saying I don't think Williams was any good. I know what you're saying about a senior qb and it makes sense but what I'm saying is that Williams wasn't capable of that. I remember reading in Herald how an nfl scout pretty much said that Williams didn't have it. In most cases your assessment is right but Williams wasn't that good.

4 losses attributed to Kaaya?

I have Louisville and maybe Pitt.

can't have it both ways, I remember Coley crying a bunch about having to dumb down the offense and restrict audibles by Kaaya, losses weren't attributed to Kaaya but to a bunch of retards starting a true freshman, led by a guy who has in full self preservation mode.

Remember the offensive strategy against louisville, we looked like houdini handcuffed and chained at the bottom of a water tank

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not sure what number of games we win with Ryan but the scheme and philosophy was are biggest downfall.

I told everybody on this board before that Ryan Williams shouldve started as soon as he was cleared to play, 90% on here believed Kaaya was better at the time i wasnt one of them.

Kaaya shouldve redshirtrd... But It makes sense now to why Golden went with Kaaya bc of the excuse he woukd have smh he tanked the season on purpose, not saying that team was going to be special **** no but there were seniors on that team that deserved the best opportunity for success on the field and that was with Ryan Williams.

I'm sorry Kaaya was better as a true freshman a couple months removed from hs. Golden initially brought Williams here to start but they soon realized that he didn't have it. Remember the article with the nfl scout basically saying we had to llay Morris or our season was doomed with Williams? Williams just didn't have. I mean the jerks prevented Morris from getting an mri when be was hurt. They had no confidence in Williams. They brought in qb bust because they felt they had no answer. Kaaya was the better qb.

A freshman QB (Brad Kaaya) that isnt comfortable executing the full playbook, shaking in his boots 1st game of the season and throughout when the going gets tough on the field later in the season.... isnt better than a poised Senior QB thats mastered the playbook and could make every throw as well. Ryan Williams was better that year.

I'm saying I don't think Williams was any good. I know what you're saying about a senior qb and it makes sense but what I'm saying is that Williams wasn't capable of that. I remember reading in Herald how an nfl scout pretty much said that Williams didn't have it. In most cases your assessment is right but Williams wasn't that good.

I understand your point LB but the mere fact we had to dumb down our offense for a true freshman tells me we weren't playing to our capabaikities we were playing for the future..... And I'm telling you coach lost a lot of the team for that decision.. I remember dudes pulling up records of freshman qb's records in hoPes of finding an outlier of a true freshman qb not early enrolling and having a great season... We were doomed from the start....

I can't believe this is even a discussion. You don't start a lame duck QB just because his teammates like him. You go with the best player. Williams couldn't keep the job in Memphis and was so ineffective, the coaches played a limping Stephen Morris over him here. Maybe in that first game against Louisville they could have used his experience but it does nothing for the overall state of the team to keep a budding star on the bench. They let Kaaya cut his teeth as a freshman and now we have one of the top QBs in the nation as a junior. I'm all for bashing Golden but this is a no brainer.

Advertisement
ryan Williams was average at best. starting kaaya was one and only decision golden got right.

Kayya would have been good regardless and could have been Winston like had he had a chance to redshirt

The team may have won more games had Ryan started because the Seniors would have been on board the whole season, it's hard for guys thinking about the NFL to play for the "team" when the coach is trying to buy time with what would appear to be a built in excuse especially if Ryan was a locker room favorite... it would be like Riley trading Dragic for nothing and telling Wade they want to build with B. Weber

That's BS, Kaaya got great experience his freshmen year, it also made him tougher. Golden succed that team was never going anywhere with that crap Defense. I'm glad he played his freshmen year, now we have a seasoned QB with a chance to win 10 games or so. I really don't care if they would have won one or two more games, they still stunk, Kaaya is ready this year.

I understand your point LB but the mere fact we had to dumb down our offense for a true freshman tells me we weren't playing to our capabaikities we were playing for the future..... And I'm telling you coach lost a lot of the team for that decision.. I remember dudes pulling up records of freshman qb's records in hoPes of finding an outlier of a true freshman qb not early enrolling and having a great season... We were doomed from the start....

Yup, I've been betting college football for 30 years, at the beginning of the season I look for freshmen qb's on the road in big games, 95% of the time they lose. I love the fact we have a seasoned QB this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back