Jonathan Feliciano on Folden

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but that team does NOT win 4 more games with Williams starting over Kaaya. Those guys were just closer to Williams since he'd been there longer. Golden did a LOT wrong, but naming Kaaya the starter, and keeping him there, wasn't one of them. If the team QUIT because Kaaya was the starter and not Williams, it says a lot about THEM. Kaaya was NOT the reason we lost 4 more games. Heck, I thought Williams was going to have a good senior season had he not been hurt, but after Kaaya came in it was clear he was the future. Why bench him for a guy that is only slightly more experienced at that point, but is out the door after the season? Golden didn't start Kaaya to use the freshman QB excuse. If he wanted to use that excuse he doesn't bring in a 5th year transfer to compete for the job. Seems like a **** of a lot of hassle if he had a freshman QB excuse he was wanting to use.

Advertisement
It was worse than we thought. And many of us thought it was pretty bad.

Honestly at this point who cares?? The guy is gone. I'm sick of hearing about him and his terrible decisions.

We are in a great position right now with a lot to be optimistic about and to look forward to so I could care less about the Golden tenure.

Feliciano was asked so he answered truthfully which I respect but nothing in that interview was "breaking news". The timing sucks because I guarantee our current staff and current players are asked about his thoughts. Just cant move forward.

I hope Oakland plays Detroit this year and Mongo tells him off pre-game and ESPN turns it into a soap opera. Anything that makes Goldn look like **** is good by me. Good for Mongo, hope he has a long and productive career.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
I think the kids felt like it was William's team. They liked him and felt comfortable playing with him at the helm. I don't think they actually felt that Williams was better, perhaps they felt he was more "ready".

Who knows? Kids perceive things the wrong way all the time. What I do know is that the kids hated Golden. I didn't wanna say it before but I guess I can say it now, Feliciano hated/hates Al. He dreaded playing his RS Senior year. He was so relieved to get away from that staff once the season was over. He wasn't the only one.
They felt like Golden was a scam artist and he played too many mind games. Feliciano and Golden were always bumping heads. He/they weren't fond of Kehoe either.

I remember you propping your boy Mongo up when he committed to the Canes. I remember you said he would be just as good as Linder and you werent far off that prediction at all. Linder went in the 3rd. Mongo in the 4th. Your boy looks like "new money" in that weight room pic. Getting his hair professionally cut and all. lol. Props to you for "green-lighting" him years ago when most of us were just excited about BLinder.

Linder did turn out a little better though. Even Feliciano will tell you that. Linder is a stud.

Coach Macho...did I read that you actually coached Feliciano in HS...do I have that right???

Think about it like this.... 100% of us all know on this board that Golden is the most incompetent coach youve ever seen and to add is a snake in the grass with his lies and lack of self accountability....

So how is it that you all believe that this ONE decision to play Brad Kaaya instead of Ryan Williams was the best decision?? He had alterior motives it wasnt about what waa best for the team.

speaking of Mongo...does anyone know him...I do not...

would be great to hear his take on what is different (better) with the coaching he is receiving now vs what he experienced at UM...particularly Kehoe vs his OL boss at Raiders (dont know name)...

He had Kehoe at um and has Mike Tice as Ol coach now...i say he is I'm good hands(waaaaaay better hands)

Advertisement
I told everybody on this board before that Ryan Williams shouldve started as soon as he was cleared to play, 90% on here believed Kaaya was better at the time i wasnt one of them.

Kaaya shouldve redshirtrd... But It makes sense now to why Golden went with Kaaya bc of the excuse he woukd have smh he tanked the season on purpose, not saying that team was going to be special **** no but there were seniors on that team that deserved the best opportunity for success on the field and that was with Ryan Williams.

I'm sorry Kaaya was better as a true freshman a couple months removed from hs. Golden initially brought Williams here to start but they soon realized that he didn't have it. Remember the article with the nfl scout basically saying we had to llay Morris or our season was doomed with Williams? Williams just didn't have. I mean the jerks prevented Morris from getting an mri when be was hurt. They had no confidence in Williams. They brought in qb bust because they felt they had no answer. Kaaya was the better qb.

What's crazy is, if not for for the Clemson humiliation Al would still be here. And all of these things were transporing. If we lost by 20 to Clemson I could still see Al being here.

Advertisement
I told everybody on this board before that Ryan Williams shouldve started as soon as he was cleared to play, 90% on here believed Kaaya was better at the time i wasnt one of them.

Kaaya shouldve redshirtrd... But It makes sense now to why Golden went with Kaaya bc of the excuse he woukd have smh he tanked the season on purpose, not saying that team was going to be special **** no but there were seniors on that team that deserved the best opportunity for success on the field and that was with Ryan Williams.

I'm sorry Kaaya was better as a true freshman a couple months removed from hs. Golden initially brought Williams here to start but they soon realized that he didn't have it. Remember the article with the nfl scout basically saying we had to llay Morris or our season was doomed with Williams? Williams just didn't have. I mean the jerks prevented Morris from getting an mri when be was hurt. They had no confidence in Williams. They brought in qb bust because they felt they had no answer. Kaaya was the better qb.

A freshman QB (Brad Kaaya) that isnt comfortable executing the full playbook, shaking in his boots 1st game of the season and throughout when the going gets tough on the field later in the season.... isnt better than a poised Senior QB thats mastered the playbook and could make every throw as well. Ryan Williams was better that year.

Coach Macho...very good...didnt realize you were a DL guy...

anyways...as a DL guy...what makes a good OL group that gives you fits?

Can you share an opinion on why the returning starters struggled so consistently at all phases of OL tasks?

pass blocking was awful...run blocking (in particular the must have short yardage push) was even worse...

from a DL perspective, why/how did they get so abused?

A freshman QB (Brad Kaaya) that isnt comfortable executing the full playbook, shaking in his boots 1st game of the season and throughout when the going gets tough on the field later in the season.... isnt better than a poised Senior QB thats mastered the playbook and could make every throw as well. Ryan Williams was better that year.

The only game Williams would have changed would have been Louisville. UVA and Pitt were irrelevant to who was QB because the team quit after the FSU game. If they didn't quit on Kaaya, he wins those games. If they quit with Williams as QB, he losses those games too.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back