Jonathan Feliciano on Folden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former players wanted their names mentioned by feleiciano. Williams was ready to start and they would have won 4 more games with Williams but golden wanted the excuse of starting a freshman if things went bad. Team played hampered by golden's schemes when they didn't have the players to fit his schemes. Golden wouldn't let Morris get an mri on his Achilles until after the season and he had a ruptured Achilles.

Ryan Williams was injured. It was between Heaps or Kaaya. Kaaya had a good freshman year so none of the other QB's was bringing 4 more wins. Not unless they ran over D'no with their cars.

You know more about Williams than his teammate Feliciano?

Advertisement
Former players wanted their names mentioned by feleiciano. Williams was ready to start and they would have won 4 more games with Williams but golden wanted the excuse of starting a freshman if things went bad. Team played hampered by golden's schemes when they didn't have the players to fit his schemes. Golden wouldn't let Morris get an mri on his Achilles until after the season and he had a ruptured Achilles.

Ryan Williams was injured. It was between Heaps or Kaaya. Kaaya had a good freshman year so none of the other QB's was bringing 4 more wins. Not unless they ran over D'no with their cars.

Read down the forum fool.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

ryan Williams was average at best. starting kaaya was one and only decision golden got right.

CllJdX4XIAALPwn.jpg

What's done is done...I'm just glad they still rep the []_[]. They stopped by to workout yesterday.

According to feliciano, Williams was cleared and ready to play and the team was 4 wins better than wirh kaaya. He gave all respect to kaaya but said the team was better with Williams starting as a senior.

Just heard that. Crap man. I don't know that Williams was much better and I thought Kaaya was good. But making Morris play injured and all this, it was worse than we thought and we thought it was a total crap show.

If Williams wasn't good enough to take over from a one legged Morris, why would an injury make him better? He probably should have started, but should have the year before too. But Brad goes top 5 next year and it is a little hard to say starting him was bad.

Advertisement
According to feliciano, Williams was cleared and ready to play and the team was 4 wins better than wirh kaaya. He gave all respect to kaaya but said the team was better with Williams starting as a senior.

Just heard that. Crap man. I don't know that Williams was much better and I thought Kaaya was good. But making Morris play injured and all this, it was worse than we thought and we thought it was a total crap show.

If Williams wasn't good enough to take over from a one legged Morris, why would an injury make him better? He probably should have started, but should have the year before too. But Brad goes top 5 next year and it is a little hard to say starting him was bad.

He did state towards the end that with Williams he thinks their record would have been a little better with Williams so they might have cared and tried to win vs Pitt and UVA. So maybe he was thinking Williams was only 2 games better instead of 4. Two games that we may have won with a more experienced QB was Louisville and Nebraska. We were close in both of those so maybe with those wins the players don't quit on the season. Either way, I only see Williams as an improvement in the first few games of that season. Kaaya had a good freshman years and was 2nd in the ACC in passing and I'm not sure Williams would have hit that.

Just disappointing to see more evidence coming out about the program who had not only a failed HC..but failed leader...

I find it hard to believe that the coaches purposely put themselves in position to lose by playing a freshman when a senior (who was better) was available.
I'm sure they felt Kaaya and Williams were closer in ability to win games than Feliciano and the players did.

So, yes, it makes perfect sense that they'd go with the freshman and parlay that excuse into another season on the payroll if it didn't pan out. Lose 6 games with a 5th year senior QB, and you probably don't get that extra year.

Turns out that it worked because a lot of the dopes in the athletics department and on here were using the freshman QB excuse as a crutch for Folden.

Did I misquote you, stupid? Those are your words I quoted in response to 5X telling you what Feliciano said.

Advertisement
Golden set Kaaya up to use an excuse but Kaaya gave him no excuse. Lost 7 games with tons of NFL guys and a QB who was 2nd in the ACC. Ridiculous. All this just makes me mad that he even got another job.

The only way they were four wins better with Williams is if he was playing defense too. After the Louisville season opener, Kaaya was very good. He's the last person I'd blame losses on.

The Legend of Ryan Williams grows daily around here. Dude had Dorsey's brain and Jim Kelly's arm but just never got his shot. Probably would have saved Golden's job.

Did I misquote you, stupid? Those are your words I quoted in response to 5X telling you what Feliciano said.

Already corrected myself about that just a few post down. Late to the party and too focused about arguing with dudes than adding anything to the topic.

I don't think it was an issue that Williams was that much better but there's a difference between a 5th year senior who has started games and a true freshman just out of hs. I'm sure they thought Williams senior leadership was worth a couple games and it's who they were rallying behind.

Advertisement
I don't think it was an issue that Williams was that much better but there's a difference between a 5th year senior who has started games and a true freshman just out of hs. I'm sure they thought Williams senior leadership was worth a couple games and it's who they were rallying behind.

That's a fair assessment. It just seems like they're acknowledging how much Golden sucked and Coley was an inept playcaller but failing to realize that they'd both still have been on the sidelines even if a marginally better (at the time) Williams has been named the starter. I don't blame Feliciano for thinking they could have been significantly better but that's just more wishful thinking, pride and anger at play than reality. It really does suck for those Canes now in the NFL to have to acknowledge their personal levels of talent weren't properly utilized or developed here.

Advertisement
Say what you will against Folden and Don'tno but our real tanking started when we lost Jedd to the Pro's

Heard the entire interview and what an indictment on Golden. Its a shame what he did to Ryan Williams and Feliciano certainly toasted Golden on every account. Looks like Al was not the man you Slurpers thought he was. A complere jack off to his coaches and players.

Golden scorched players and coaches alike.

An equal opportunity scorcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back