Jalen Hurts is at OU

BamaInsider.com Retweeted SoonerScoop.com
Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts has been busy.. Visit timeline Maryland - January 11 Oklahoma - January 12 Miami - January 13
BamaInsider.com added,
SoonerScoop.comVerified account @SoonerScoop
After speaking with multiple sources, we can confirm Alabama QB transfer Jalen Hurts has been on #Sooners campus today and is here right now. https://oklahoma.forums.rivals.com/...55-update-hurts-expected-at-ou-on-sat.122877/
Thanks

Advertisement
If you are a QB and have a chance to play at OU, you go immediately. If you don't, you are a moron.

Not a better system and coach to play QB for.

If you are a QB and have a chance to play at OU, you go immediately. If you don't, you are a moron.

Enos has already done a great job with Hurts. Transferring to a school where there's a 5* freshman coming in at the same time seems like a good way to end up like Kelly Bryant

Advertisement
Enos has already done a great job with Hurts. Transferring to a school where there's a 5* freshman coming in at the same time seems like a good way to end up like Kelly Bryant

He isn't coming in until Fall. No better place to highlight your skills for 1 year then OU. There is 0 comparison between Enos and Riley, Riley is the best around.

Or you play for the guy you know who you saw up close help turn a true sophomore into a Heisman finalist against the best athletes in college football week to week.

Just reading the tea leaves but y’all know enos was supposed to arrive sometime Saturday I believe. So Miami would assuredly want him present for the visit.

Another thing is i Don’t know if any of y’all know but you know it’s supposed to be snowing a lot today and on Sunday so maybe that’s the reason he left Maryland early in the am to make sure of no flight delays due to the excessive snow and all of that?

He isn't coming in until Fall. No better place to highlight your skills for 1 year then OU. There is 0 comparison between Enos and Riley, Riley is the best around.

I mean "best" is subjective to what Hurts believes.

And if Riley were so great, why hasnt he developed a QB he recruited? Why was Enos held in such high regard by Bama but our own fans think he's mediocre?

I have the feeling its really going to **** you off if Hurts comes here.

Advertisement
I mean "best" is subjective to what Hurts believes.

And if Riley were so great, why hasnt he developed a QB he recruited? Why was Enos held in such high regard by Bama but our own fans think he's mediocre?

I have the feeling its really going to **** you off if Hurts comes here.

What do fans matter? Richt was held in high regard by most of our fans (not me) and UGAs, he stunk.

I'll be happy if Hurts comes. I don't think he's a great QB but better then Kosi.

I try to be objective. Lincoln Riley is the best in the business on offense, Enos isn't even in his stratosphere. If you think he is, you have some powerful green and orange colored glasses.

so this is an interesting twist to the Hurts timeline, possibly. Especially if he is interested in OU - from the oU Insider board just now:

Commit, Not Commit... Everything is speculative until after Midnight tomorrow, that is when I think the dominoes will start falling. Until it's clear what Kyler is doing, nothing is going to happen.
I think it would be very interesting if Kyler did nothing, went to the A's Spring Practice in Mesa, AZ and took On Line Classes at OU. That would obviously kill his NFL Draft potential for this year, but I would assume it would leave the door open for him to drop Baseball and come back to Norman in June. I wonder what the terms of his Signing Bonus are?
Wouldn't that be interesting. Even more interesting if Hurts came to OU and then Kyler came back in June.

so we may know whether OU is in it for sure by Monday - this has to affect his decision if he is interested in OU

Have confidence in my boy, MANNY!!!!!!!

Do you know what some of you on this board need? Some COJONES on your trucks
ADE9AF43-B963-45EA-AC6F-D5CD033CD386.jpeg

Advertisement
It’s why Kendall is in portal. Lincoln Riley reaching out to Hurts told Kendall all he needed to know.

I try to be objective. Lincoln Riley is the best in the business on offense, Enos isn't even in his stratosphere. If you think he is, you have some powerful green and orange colored glasses.

You're right, but that doesn't necessarily mean Hurts should or will go to OU. We have some distinct advantages:
(1) Hurts improved tremendously under Enos' tutelage
(2) Hurts would have to learn a brand new offense at OU. Enos is probably telling him that we're gonna run something similar to what Bama has run the past year or two. Way less of a learning curve.
(3) Hurts will have to beat out two other four star QBs already on campus and another incoming 5 star (Rattler). We're a way less risky choice.

Advertisement
Wins NC for Bama. Takes The U undefeated and knocks off clemson in ACC title game, claiming legend of the man who brought The U back a second time. Or, goes to OU and becomes third QB in row to play in system that makes QBs look good and betrays his TX roots. Hum, I think we still have a 50/50 shot.

Or end up like jalen hurts. Which has already happened to him.

Exactly. This is borderline crazy even if we want to all label Lincoln Riley as better than Bill Walsh right now.

Hurts has already been Tua'd. Now he's going to risk getting Rattler'd?

I still thinks this comes down to us and Maryland and I think him taking this Oklahoma trip immediately following the one to College Park is good for us.

Advertisement
Back