Jalar Holley decision

They wouldn’t drop daxon imo. You don’t let “plan B’s” commit a year out of their recruiting class because you’re still chasing the big boys. If anything, Ingraham or Munoz(maybe even Holley) might be odd one out because of their previous injuries(if we get Tyler Davis of course).

Right now most likely scenario is this:

DE: Weaver, Bogle, Harvey, Williams

DT: Holley, Daxon, Munoz, Ingraham

And I believe we see another grad transfer at DT next year to help with depth.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They haven't even played their Senior season yet! A lot of our 3* commits will be 4* when it's said and done. Wasn't Nesta a 3* this time last year? I love our commits, don't matter how many *s next to their name.

So far the 3*s have panned out. I don't get why so many still doubt the staffs evals.
Anybody complaining about 3 stars need to read up on the football history of this school and what we were built on. We rarely got top 5 classes back in the day.

We need 4 DTs and 4 DEs.

I’m stunned anyone thinks we need less than 4 DE’s.

We could roll into 2018 with 3 DE’s who have playing experience, and that shouldn’t happen. Got to build depth, and you have to stack on the LOS. 15-16 OL, 13-14 DL.

I would agree but the way 2020 DL is shaping up I think if we miss on exactly who we want in ‘19 don’t be surprise if they default to how stacked Surge ‘20 is thus far.

Lmao another dude that has no comprehension of statistics. Naming a few 3 stars that happened to pan out when 90% of them don't. And Garvin was a 4 star. Did you miss the Golden era? How many times do we have to have this argument on this site for you guys to understand simple math?
Lmao another clown who nutswings what sites say because he doesn't know ****. I guarantee our coaches who know way more then Goldens staff watches these kids more then your star ***** friends. Garvin on many sites was a 3* and don't tell anybody but there were posrers here who said he'd be a baller. Ill take my eyes over what people on ESPN or Rivals say when most only care about what you do at their camps but go ahead nobody here takes you seriously

Advertisement
I’m thrilled DT is likely getting filled up so early. Everyone was freaking out about DT all of last cycle.

Advertisement
besides skill positions I would never look too deep into stars for linemen .. they’re so hard to evaluate and could just blow up in a college program

They wouldn’t drop daxon imo. You don’t let “plan B’s” commit a year out of their recruiting class because you’re still chasing the big boys. If anything, Ingraham or Munoz(maybe even Holley) might be odd one out because of their previous injuries(if we get Tyler Davis of course).

Right now most likely scenario is this:

DE: Weaver, Bogle, Harvey, Williams

DT: Holley, Daxon, Munoz, Ingraham

And I believe we see another grad transfer at DT next year to help with depth.

I'd be thrilled with a group like that.

DT, along with QB, is probably the one position where you can completely throw stars out the window.

That's probably the most volatile position with regards to projections. Inherently lazy players (you don't get bigger than everyone else by having a great work ethic) dominating smaller players in high school. Do they continue to grow? What happens when everyone else isn't smaller than you? Will their work ethic and motor be a problem at the next level? There's just so much to project with them that the stars become meaningless at the next level.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our fanbase honestly sucks. We b*tch and moan when we can't land DT's but here is a kid that wants in and has offers from the likes of Auburn, Tennessee, VT, etc., and people don't want him because he's a high 3 star? Christ dude.

Our fanbase honestly sucks. We b*tch and moan when we can't land DT's but here is a kid that wants in and has offers from the likes of Auburn, Tennessee, VT, etc., and people don't want him because he's a high 3 star? Christ dude.
Literally no one has said they don't want Jalar Holley. The only discussion is whether or not we r taking too many 3 stars

I’m starting to think we have a hidden staffer on the team with the spoken title “Evaluator of the Savage” because even though we have a considerable 3 star count we aren’t short of savages. Not too many 3 Star JAGs since CMR got here. I’d know a JAG when I saw him. I was one back in ‘04. 2 Star JAG to be exact.

Advertisement
Back