Jalar Holley decision

Great another 3 star.

Have you watched his film before talking crazy about him being just a 3*. The young man will play the 0 or 1 tech for UM and 90% of the time NT's are 3* because they don't have big stats. Go watch his film again.

Here is another lowly 3* I am hoping Miami will reach out to as well. He currently committed to Tenn but he is looking around.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Holley is his first year in HS track in the 5 meets he entered threw the discus 143' (national elite for HS 150') so he has some athletic ability outside football.

It helps that at 6-2/290 you have a 6'-10" wing span with huge hands.

Runa track and has a 6'10 wing span at dt? Sign me tf up

I've slacked off on recruiting for the most part this year so out of all the dts and I've only watched film on Davis and Munoz how would you guys rank the ones in the running for?

Have you watched his film before talking crazy about him being just a 3*. The young man will play the 0 or 1 tech for UM and 90% of the time NT's are 3* because they don't have big stats. Go watch his film again.

Here is another lowly 3* I am hoping Miami will reach out to as well. He currently committed to Tenn but he is looking around.

Go Canes

Idk who hes playing against but for a nt he seems athletic who can rush the passer very well. I gotta see him in a camp though or against talent that i know challenges him but i like the natural athleticism

Advertisement
We need 4 DTs and 4 DEs.

I’m stunned anyone thinks we need less than 4 DE’s.

We could roll into 2018 with 3 DE’s who have playing experience, and that shouldn’t happen. Got to build depth, and you have to stack on the LOS. 15-16 OL, 13-14 DL.

Definitely need 4 DEs. I’d be fine with taking 4 recruits and adding a JUCO or a grad transfer just for a body that can contribute right away.

Advertisement
When he announcing? I hope he does a hat ceremony; I haven't seen a good hat ceremony dat went Miami's way in a minute.

Yeah Michael Jackson, Pickney, Garvin, Bandy all have been wasted 3*
Lmao another dude that has no comprehension of statistics. Naming a few 3 stars that happened to pan out when 90% of them don't. And Garvin was a 4 star. Did you miss the Golden era? How many times do we have to have this argument on this site for you guys to understand simple math?

Btw a 3* may not be college ready but you got to lool past ur nose. They can definitely contribute years 3,4,n 5.

Of our targets, only Davis, Daxon and Holley are pure DT. I think at least one of the other guys we are targeting at DT (Munoz, Ingraham, Fuller and Morris) will start off as a SDE because after next year we will have very little depth there.

Advertisement
Lmao another dude that has no comprehension of statistics. Naming a few 3 stars that happened to pan out when 90% of them don't. And Garvin was a 4 star. Did you miss the Golden era? How many times do we have to have this argument on this site for you guys to understand simple math?

Serious question, is the failure rate really 90%? Is that rate for players who never play a significant role in college or who don’t make it Pro?

I know there are more 3 stars than four and fives, but if it’s a 90% failure rate for players never playing a significant role than that is a hard obstacle to overcome.

Do you have a link that supports this claim?

Serious question, is the failure rate really 90%? Is that rate for players who never play a significant role in college or who don’t make it Pro?

I know there are more 3 stars than four and fives, but if it’s a 90% failure rate for players never playing a significant role than that is a hard obstacle to overcome.
I saw something somewhere that said only about 46% of 5 stars make the pro’s so that’s probably somewhat accurate. These kids might have the size and strength to be a pro athlete but it’s almost impossible to measure the size of the kids heart and desire to do what’s necessary to succeed against people that are just as big, strong, and fast as they are.

It’s kind of like Manny Diaz said that these kids will tell you how great they are during recruiting but then when you get them into camp and they have to earn there position some of them blink....

Advertisement
Daxon/Ingraham/Holley/Munoz is a solid A- for me. I think Holley is really underrated.

**** I'd throw in Mike Morris too and take him as a guy who can contribute on either line.

Last edited:

The last stat I saw was a rivals article from like 2012 that said 55% of 5 stars, around 20% of 4 stars, and 7% of 3 stars end up being drafted.
And it's hard to define "significant role" in this case. If your team is full of 3 stars of course they will have to play a significant role since you don't have the quality depth. Every championship team over at least the last 10 years has had at least half of their team consist of 4 and 5 star players. We were getting closer with our last class, but it's not looking so good so far this year.

Last edited:

Go Canes

It's just highly unlikely that we happen to land so many diamonds in the rough this year, when every other year the 3 stars we land aren't above average in general, and neither are the 3 stars on any other team. It always averages out, especially when you fill your class out with so many of them. And no, I can't waste the time watching another 3 star's highlights and trying to logic my way into overhyping him.

Stop with the drop Daxon mumbo jumbo stuff. In south Florida we can always find De's but it is hard to big interior players that can run. An when we find very good ones there is a bag man bidding war most of the time that UM can't play.

We need to stack DT's when we can so if we take 5 this year so be it. The staff will make room by encouraging players to grad transfer if they don't perform well this year on the dline.

Go Canes

We without a doubt need 4. I think 5 may be a bit much considering our other needs - DB, OL, QB.

Advertisement
Back