Ivins Update On Staff Changes

If Lashlee is allowed to to run the same 80-85 plays a here that he ran at SMU,Diaz defensive stats are going to take a huge hit.I can see Diaz asking Lashlee to slow tempo at some point next season.

Yeah. I have a " bad feeling " Corch ME-az will " put the breaks " on Coach L's offense once they find their " groove " and what not. Or is that Corch ME-az will " put the handcuff's " on Coach L's high-octane offense once it finds it's stride. hUh.

Advertisement
Safety room:

Gilbert Frierson-RS SO
Keontra Smith-RS FR
Amari Carter-SR
Buuba Bolden-RS JR
Gurvan Hall-JR
Jalen Harrel-FR
K Washington-FR
Brian Balom-FR

Can get all the vitrol against Rumph, who I really like as a teacher, for his recruiting. But overall Banda has recruited a steady stream of 4 Star caliber guys and just about every highly rated guy he's had under him has turned into a good player.

Think the constant calling for his head, and the reasons behind it, are getting to be a little over the top.

Imo he hasn't been spectacular on the trail, but solid. Spacing of classes are good as are the numbers. And the guys he's coaching on the field have developed nicely.

Jmo.
Two of them are strikers and have been inconsistent (Frierson and Carter), one of them has not developed as well as expected but has flashed (Hall), one looked good in the couple of weeks he has played (Bolden), one played sparingly, and three are not even on campus yet. I don’t understand your point that all of his players have been good. They miss a ton of tackles, still take bad angles, but admittedly do flash. Our safety play has been inconsistent.

Yeah. I have a " bad feeling " Corch ME-az will " put the breaks " on Coach L's offense once they find their " groove " and what not. Or is that Corch ME-az will " put the handcuff's " on Coach L's high-octane offense once it finds it's stride. hUh.
I doubt it. Manny has to win 10 games to survive, and probably needs two or three consecutive 10 win seasons to take the heat off. It’s no time for half measures. The offense has been a problem for two seasons now. Defense has been far less of an issue.

If there is a budget...I am throwing EVERYTHING at fixing the offense. He’s out of time.

Our guys on defense must be super qualified

Attachments

• 32E9565C-872E-42CC-B004-C8AF38B0080A.jpeg
    32E9565C-872E-42CC-B004-C8AF38B0080A.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 4
Advertisement
Making the same mistake by giving OC full control of the staffing. Go ahead and hire AH because Manny is really trying to keep the offense the scapegoat. For ***** sake act like a HC. Dude is running this place like a Senior DC instead of the HC.

If my job is on the line you Hire Lashlee and you let him bring his analytical homies but the staff hires need to be ran and approved by me. Give me elite recruiters in positions you can and tacticians in the other.

Two of them are strikers and have been inconsistent (Frierson and Carter), one of them has not developed as well as expected but has flashed (Hall), one looked good in the couple of weeks he has played (Bolden), one played sparingly, and three are not even on campus yet. I don’t understand your point that all of his players have been good. They miss a ton of tackles, still take bad angles, but admittedly do flash. Our safety play has been inconsistent.

Rayshawn Jenkins and Adrian Colbert had the bet seasons of their careers with Banda. Jaquan balled out here. And imo Redwine, a converted corner, played very well right from the start actually outplayed Jaquan as a senior and turned into an NFL draft choice. That's 4-4 with his starters making it to the show.

Young guys have been inconsistent at times, imo that a lot had to do with having so many first year starters back there. We'll see how their improvement and consistency improve in year two starting. The guys who aren't on campus yet were in response to questions regarding recruiting.

I doubt it. Manny has to win 10 games to survive, and probably needs two or three consecutive 10 win seasons to take the heat off. It’s no time for half measures. The offense has been a problem for two seasons now. Defense has been far less of an issue.

If there is a budget...I am throwing EVERYTHING at fixing the offense. He’s out of time.

Manny isn't going to get fired at 9-3. He's not even going to get fired at 3-9.

Manny is obsessed with proving his defense is elite. That’s why he vomits out defensive stats to anyone who listens. He won’t make changes because he truly believes his defense is championship level. His hubris will cost him his job.
While his hubris is an obvious flaw, I’d say it’s him being completely in over his head is what will make him lose his job

Advertisement
Rayshawn Jenkins and Adrian Colbert had the bet seasons of their careers with Banda. Jaquan balled out here. And imo Redwine, a converted corner, played very well right from the start actually outplayed Jaquan as a senior into an NFL draft choice. That's 4-4 with his starters making it to the show.

Young guys have been inconsistent at times, imo that a lot had to do with having so many first year starters back there. We'll see how their improvement and consistency improve in year two starting. The guys who aren't on campus yet were in response to questions regarding recruiting.
1) you are now entirely changing your argument.
2) Are you really going to say Jenkins had his best season and not provide any context in the change of scheme from Onofrio to Diaz? I don’t know what Colbert’s scheme was like in Texas but I’m pretty sure he was playing CB there, so I don’t even know how you can compare apples to apples.
3) I agree with you about Redwine. Jaquan was on his way to this finished product regardless of Banda or Goldens staff was developing him.
4) The bottom line is the guys that he has recruited to the program and he has developed from high school forward have either not developed or have yet to really play enough (or at all) to make a fair assessment.

1) you are now entirely changing your argument.
2) Are you really going to say Jenkins had his best season and not provide any context in the change of scheme from Onofrio to Diaz? I don’t know what Colbert’s scheme was like in Texas but I’m pretty sure he was playing CB there, so I don’t even know how you can compare apples to apples.
3) I agree with you about Redwine. Jaquan was on his way to this finished product regardless of Banda or Goldens staff was developing him.
4) The bottom line is the guys that he has recruited to the program and he has developed from high school forward have either not developed or have yet to really play enough (or at all) to make a fair assessment.

Should have been more clear that I meant his whole body of work, not just recruited guys. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't consider development of guys who were already here.

Either way, this guy gets pounded on here daily like he's some kind of gigantic liability, when in reality there isn't a body of work that indicates that.

This season will play out like the last. Clueless mann will be canned and so will Waste James. 12 more months of crap.

Advertisement
Bull****. He won't make it to Halloween if he's dropping games at that rate.

Manny will get to blame Richt for his suckitude until at least year 3. Manny didn't inherit top 5 talent like Willie Taggart did.

Plus the Miami admin doesn't care half as much about football as the FSU admin does anyway.

Anyway, is 10 wins in the ACC Coastal really a successful season. Especially is it's like the 2017 season, with a whole bunch of unimpressive wins (ND game aside) and 3 ugly losses?

Advertisement
Anyway, is 10 wins in the ACC Coastal really a successful season. Especially is it's like the 2017 season, with a whole bunch of unimpressive wins (ND game aside) and 3 ugly losses?

The key to being a good troll is to not be obvious from day one.

Just an FYI for the next user name you come up with after this one is banned.

Disappointed but not surprised that there won’t be changes on D.

As far as the rest is concerned:

Craig would be an unreal hire. That guy is the goods.

Taylor is a decent plan B guy. Don’t know much about the other guys mentioned.

The most important hire will be the OL coach, though. Curious to see who we get there.
LOL on all of the potential position coaches available threads.

Advertisement
Back