Ivins Update On Staff Changes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Every striker he’s coached has been arguably the best defender on the team.

Special teams massively improved under his watch.
I disagree with you that special teams massively improved under his watch. I think our special teams are terrible!
I agree with you that I would get rid of Baker first, but whatever the order Baker and Patke both need to go.

Advertisement
We didn't return a punt or kickoff for a touchdown all season.
We didn't block a field goal or punt all season.
We even had several field goal attempts and an extra point of our own blocked by other teams.
We lost at least 3 games because of our field goal kicker, who could make kicks last year but not this season under Patke, and yes it is partly his fault because he is the special teams coach.
Thomas lead the ACC in kick return average the year before Patke took over.

When we have a special teams that occasionally blocks kicks and returns kicks for touchdowns, even if it is against lesser teams like FIU, Central Michigan, or LaTech then I will say we have a good special teams coach, until then we have a coach that sucks especially when his special teams unit costs us games.

We even had several field goal attempts and an extra point of our own blocked by other teams.
We lost at least 3 games because of our field goal kicker, who could make kicks last year but not this season under Patke, and yes it is partly his fault because he is the special teams coach.

When we have a special teams that occasionally blocks kicks and returns kicks for touchdowns, even if it is against lesser teams like FIU, Central Michigan, or LaTech then I will say we have a good special teams coach, until then we have a coach that sucks especially when his special teams unit costs us games.
Totally agree brother!

Advertisement
Ever notice how many Hurricanes Trooper Taylor follows?
As much as I despise Luke, he tweeted several years ago (when Richt was putting together his staff), that Trooper’s dream was to coach at Miami. Was going on and on about how he would kill it here.

Also on the defense. Our D wasn’t great, but they were top 25 in the country still. Think about how many more games we win with an offense not running in circles with our defense

This! We field a Top 25 defense with a **** poor offense and people are *****in'. If it was for the defense, we easy lose 3 or 4 more games.

Advertisement

Preachhh! Our special teams is garbage.

trotting out KJ to do punt returns was also a issue. You need a game changer there. We are miami and what I seen was unacceptable

You don't have to be there are 129 more FBS programs out there choose another one.

I'm starting to believe you get joy out of all the extreme negative stuff.

The defense was good enough for us to win 9-10 games this season. No, we haven't had the top defensive players on the recruiting trail like we want as fans, but most of the defensive evals have been hits. Who cares if they were 5 stars if they performed at a high enough level to make our defense good.

I learned my lesson and don't like to jump the gun, but if Lashlee does 60-70% of what we think he will and the defense gives us more of the same, we winning 10 games minimum next season.

We made a good move with the OC, let's see how the rest of this play out.

Exactly. Defense is not the issue...right now. But could you imagine if Golden's defense with this offense?!

Preachhh! Our special teams is garbage.

trotting out KJ to do punt returns was also a issue. You need a game changer there. We are miami and what I seen was unacceptable
We were 113th in the nation in kickoff return defense (24 yard average against us)
We were 129th in the nation in blocked kicks allowed (4 blocked kicks allowed) (We also allowed 1 blocked Punt)
We were 69th in the nation in kickoff return average (No Kickoff return TDS)

Advertisement
Back