It all comes down to money and courage

Advertisement
Saw the thread title.

Entered the thread thinking it was advice on how to get chicks.

Leaving disappointed.
abandon-thread.gif

@Cribby @nycane

Maybe you can answer this, considerinf Blake and Mario dont come together, do you think if Manny gets fired and Mario gets the call, that Miami will hire an AD that Mario wants to work with? Or, to put it further, that Mario will give an input on the AD they should hire?

@Cribby @nycane

Maybe you can answer this, considerinf Blake and Mario dont come together, do you think if Manny gets fired and Mario gets the call, that Miami will hire an AD that Mario wants to work with? Or, to put it further, that Mario will give an input on the AD they should hire?
The Soffers LOVE Mario...and have for some time...Their pull is Humongous...

Advertisement
The Soffers LOVE Mario...and have for some time...Their pull is Humongous...
Brotha it can’t be THAT powerful if they let that albino chimp hire Manny. I don’t doubt that they have serious pull especially since they built the IPF but somebody was in his ear about Manny. If was as if the decision was made as soon as Richt said “Yea, I’m done”. He probably would’ve hired him after we eventually fired Richt.

Talking about Mario is a waste. There is no way he would want this job. Look at what he has in Oregon. He’s gonna be there at the top for at least 5 years and he has a board that has a “ask and you shall receive” attitude led by Phil Knight. Our BOT searches the Hard Rock for pennies and aluminum cans after we leave on Saturdays. Trust me when I say he’s proved us all wrong and would be the perfect hire but this AD isn’t paying that buyout or giving him what he wants.

Brotha it can’t be THAT powerful if they let that albino chimp hire Manny. I don’t doubt that they have serious pull especially since they built the IPF but somebody was in his ear about Manny. If was as if the decision was made as soon as Richt said “Yea, I’m done”. He probably would’ve hired him after we eventually fired Richt.
Their pull is as big as Dimares...Ungodly amounts of $$$$$...Very similar to Stuart Miller's $$$$...(Lennar Corporation) it was Stuart's father Leonard (who founded Lennar in 1957) who hired Butch, as he was Chairman of the BOT until his death in 2002..(Stu took over Lennar from then) Stuart has kinda stepped down, as he is very busy with Lennar.

Advertisement
Their pull is as big as Dimares...Ungodly amounts of $$$$$...Very similar to Stuart Miller's $$$$...(Lennar Corporation) it was Stuart's father Leonard (who founded Lennar in 1957) who hired Butch, as he was Chairman of the BOT until his death in 2002..(Stu took over Lennar from then) Stuart has kinda stepped down, as he is very busy with Lennar.
I know. The ****** built 2 new neighborhoods in Parkland in like 4-5 years. Like I said though somebody was pushing Manny hard because the decision was already made. They just needed Richt to move on.

Talking about Mario is a waste. There is no way he would want this job. Look at what he has in Oregon. He’s gonna be there at the top for at least 5 years and he has a board that has a “ask and you shall receive” attitude led by Phil Knight. Our BOT searches the Hard Rock for pennies and aluminum cans after we leave on Saturdays. Trust me when I say he’s proved us all wrong and would be the perfect hire but this AD isn’t paying that buyout or giving him what he wants.
The AD wouldn't have to pay squat...The Soffers would pay for it all...

I know. The ****** built 2 new neighborhoods in Parkland in like 4-5 years. Like I said though somebody was pushing Manny hard because the decision was already made. They just needed Richt to move on.
It was Blake's sorry *** and some BOT Members who pushed for Manny...same BOT members who had an axe to grind with Butch....

The AD wouldn't have to pay squat...The Soffers would pay for it all...
But you’re missing the biggest key in all that. He would have to want to leave a team that might be in the Playoff this year. A team that he completely built.

Advertisement
But you’re missing the biggest key in all that. He would have to want to leave a team that might be in the Playoff this year. A team that he completely built.
He's wanted the U job for quite sometime...and the Wife loves and misses Miami

U

He wasn't the head coach , how about using apples to apples. He left a huge **** to go learn under arguably the greatest coach ever. This is more than nostalgia , this is him and his wife's home and she wants to be here. There's also people far more knowledgeable about the situation and their chances than posters on a message board. They think they have a legit shot to pull him here, so do former players. Will he for sure come? That's not a given but theres plenty of folks confident he would. And they know him way better than anyone here.
☝️This sums it up about as good as one can. The Cristobal family still live here and are well aware of the struggles our program continues to have. The same booster who was willing to pony up for Mario last time feels even more strongly about providing any financial help needed this time. Mario's former teammates mention to him constantly about returning when they speak. Family members specifically, who speak to Mario, over the last two weeks continue to say that IF Miami officials make the call and are willing to commit to big boy football, IT IS VERY UNLIKELY HE SAYS NO

Now many on here need to understand everything can be fluid about this situation. But to the many posters who are adamant that he would not come. You don't know ****, period. I will roll with what the family says instead of what some CIS expert tells me

Advertisement
☝️This sums it up about as good as one can. The Cristobal family still live here and are well aware of the struggles our program continues to have. The same booster who was willing to pony up for Mario last time feels even more strongly about providing any financial help needed this time. Mario's former teammates mention to him constantly about returning when they speak. Family members specifically, who speak to Mario, over the last two weeks continue to say that IF Miami officials make the call and are willing to commit to big boy football, IT IS VERY UNLIKELY HE SAYS NO

Now many on here need to understand everything can be fluid about this situation. But to the many posters who are adamant that he would not come. You don't know ****, period. I will roll with what the family says instead of what some CIS expert tells me
But look at what you just said. “If we commit to big boy football”. I said it last week in my post game thread they are more interested in being Duke than they are Norte Dame even though we could be them and more. They’ve had multiple time to prove that they want to.

Richt in ‘01

Davis in ‘06

Gary Patterson

Leavitt

Mario x3

All these guys wanted this job but they wanted a commitment that we didn’t make until Richt came in ‘16 and even then it was half assed. What changes now? That Carol Soffer and family are willing to front the bill? Are they also fronting the bill for the resources he would want? Because Blake isn’t. He’s going to want to retain T- Rob, he’ll probably want bring Frank Ponce, Mirabal, and Joe Salave’a. All will demand serious cash and will be hot commodities. ****, he’ll probably bring Tim Deruyter who would probably demand Lashlee money. It’s not just 5 mil for Mario but 6-7 for staffing as well…per year.

There is no sign that Blake would do anything close to that.

Last edited:
Nope. There’s just people willing to spend and was willing to spend three years ago.

Just a few weeks ago I thought there was a slim chance Mario would come but maybe my odds were a tad low. We still have a season to play out so I’ll just wait and see if the wheels come off then that bridge will be crossed. I’m just saying it’s not as far out there as some think.

Cribby, you're giving me hope. Which isn't a good thing after the last 20 years. I'm just waiting for the kick in the nuts at some point soon.

Something tells me if manny loses to Michigan St on Saturday he's gone.

If it's a Clemson style beat down, slightly possible. But I'm guessing he will at least be able to ride out the season or stay on until the team is eliminated from bowl contention at which point both he and BJ are gone at the same time.

Advertisement
Back