It all comes down to money and courage

Blake James needs to be shown the door first..

Then, a written apology to one of our own (Mario) for not even offering an interview, even if all it led to was a pay bump for an alum... a man can dream right?

Blake has fu*ked this up over and over again. He keeps hiring salesmen instead of football coaches. He's shown, over the years, no ability to determine whether a coach can lead a P5 program or not. And, he's allowed coaches to hire friends and family with little to no regard for their qualifications.

BLAKE NEEDS TO GO FIRST!
correct, Blake needs to go and need a president who gets importance of success ib athletics to bottom line, more students, more donations, more investments....

Advertisement
Mario should’ve been the young guy back when we were talking gruden and ended up with Golden

Hired this man without taking a single interview from established coaches, and we know Mario wanted the job. Instead, without interviewing anyone, the AD chose man with no head coaching experience and a marginal DC. This alone is a fireable offense.

Richt handed Miami a get out of jail free card, and we used it on Manny. You can’t make this up.
It’s like your wife giving you a one day hall pass and you sleep with her ugly sister

Advertisement
☝️This sums it up about as good as one can. The Cristobal family still live here and are well aware of the struggles our program continues to have. The same booster who was willing to pony up for Mario last time feels even more strongly about providing any financial help needed this time. Mario's former teammates mention to him constantly about returning when they speak. Family members specifically, who speak to Mario, over the last two weeks continue to say that IF Miami officials make the call and are willing to commit to big boy football, IT IS VERY UNLIKELY HE SAYS NO

Now many on here need to understand everything can be fluid about this situation. But to the many posters who are adamant that he would not come. You don't know ****, period. I will roll with what the family says instead of what some CIS expert tells me
I’d love to believe you. And I mean this in the least disrespectful way possible, but who are you? How do you know that Mario would be open to returning if we dedicated the resources he was asking? I just can’t see Mario leaving Oregon, especially if he’s built them into a playoff threat year after year now.

Oregon basically has their pick of west coast recruits right now. Their biggest threat is USC, who just fired their coach and are looking at at least a year or two rebuild. Probably longer. We’re competing with FSU and Florida constantly, along with Bama, OSU, etc who come down and poach a few from us every year. The competition for recruits is vastly different on this side of the country.

On top of that, with our fan base, if he didn’t produce in two years we’d be calling for his head.

I just can’t see wanting to leave Oregon with all those factors going on. He’d be giving up more job security for less. No matter how strong the family pull is, idk if that’s enough

I’d love to believe you. And I mean this in the least disrespectful way possible, but who are you? How do you know that Mario would be open to returning if we dedicated the resources he was asking? I just can’t see Mario leaving Oregon, especially if he’s built them into a playoff threat year after year now.

Oregon basically has their pick of west coast recruits right now. Their biggest threat is USC, who just fired their coach and are looking at at least a year or two rebuild. Probably longer. We’re competing with FSU and Florida constantly, along with Bama, OSU, etc who come down and poach a few from us every year. The competition for recruits is vastly different on this side of the country.

On top of that, with our fan base, if he didn’t produce in two years we’d be calling for his head.

I just can’t see wanting to leave Oregon with all those factors going on. He’d be giving up more job security for less. No matter how strong the family pull is, idk if that’s enough
Family pull is strong in sports.

Mario is looking smart for hiring joe moorehead that’s for sure. He diced up taints defense. Which is down a bit but still talented. Don’t forget that before that his offense was meh even with Justin Herbert

Advertisement
Yep, the Soffers offered to pay his Oregon Buyout, others on the BOT were ready to pay him and his staff what he needed, then the ***aloon Flakes hired Manuela in the middle of the night, after discussions with Wario had taken place...a fireable offense from the Jump. ***aloon Flake is a used peanut salesman with a tranny husband who needs to be fired immediately if not sooner. We could be Oregon right now!

If true, how does this guy still have a **** job? Somebody close to your employer is offering to cover significant costs and you just ignore the offer??

We've seen enough.

I respectfully disagree that USC is a year or two rebuild. They already have talent, and in naming the right coach, will hold onto a solid class, and be right back in the talks for the PAC title next year.

Mario went from “corch” to the savior after 1 win

It's not the OSU win, it's his recruiting prowess, the fact that his teams are fundamentally sound, and his connection to the program.

The UM job is a special job. Kinda like USC. We have furtile, local, recruiting bases, but we both need a strong willed coach to keep that talent home. Mario has already shown hes got donkey balls on the recruiting trail. And, he's not afraid to March his guys into uncomfortable, unfamiliar, environments (OSU) and walk away with a win. Manny needed a freshman kicker to get passed App St.

To me, the biggest part of this entire thing is, Mario is tight with a BOT member. Someone whose willing to cover his salary! That means, the money usually spend on our HC, can now be used to attract even better candidates for our position coaches. We need to stop being cheap with assts. To me, you pay for what you get. Hire a guys who should be a GA, and watch your teams play suffer.

Lastly, Mario's last two stops were Eugene and Tuscaloosa. If there isn't two better programs to have someone learn from and ushering UM into the playoff era, I can't think of them. Mario witnessed first hand what it takes to win a NC today. And he's already shown he can implement what he's learned, his stay at Oregon showed us this.

It's not about the OSU win, it's about his ability to legitimately run a program. His guys get drafted too!

It's not the OSU win, it's his recruiting prowess, the fact that his teams are fundamentally sound, and his connection to the program.

The UM job is a special job. Kinda like USC. We have furtile, local, recruiting bases, but we both need a strong willed coach to keep that talent home. Mario has already shown hes got donkey balls on the recruiting trail. And, he's not afraid to March his guys into uncomfortable, unfamiliar, environments (OSU) and walk away with a win. Manny needed a freshman kicker to get passed App St.

To me, the biggest part of this entire thing is, Mario is tight with a BOT member. Someone whose willing to cover his salary! That means, the money usually spend on our HC, can now be used to attract even better candidates for our position coaches. We need to stop being cheap with assts. To me, you pay for what you get. Hire a guys who should be a GA, and watch your teams play suffer.

Lastly, Mario's last two stops were Eugene and Tuscaloosa. If there isn't two better programs to have someone learn from and ushering UM into the playoff era, I can't think of them. Mario witnessed first hand what it takes to win a NC today. And he's already shown he can implement what he's learned, his stay at Oregon showed us this.

It's not about the OSU win, it's about his ability to legitimately run a program. His guys get drafted too!

hes also about the only dude who's gonna take this job that is on the p5 level (proven success even if well have a random head scratcher every year). we don't have many options left.

Advertisement

I’m a Mario guy..was in 2010..but he was just a corch on CIS a week ago

U

He wasn't the head coach , how about using apples to apples. He left a huge **** to go learn under arguably the greatest coach ever. This is more than nostalgia , this is him and his wife's home and she wants to be here. There's also people far more knowledgeable about the situation and their chances than posters on a message board. They think they have a legit shot to pull him here, so do former players. Will he for sure come? That's not a given but theres plenty of folks confident he would. And they know him way better than anyone here.
You kind of proved my point, because we are still a **** of a program compared to Oregon. He went to bama to improve his career, and he always has, so coming back to Miami after establishing himself at a major program with major funding would be the exact opposite of what he has always done. they haven’t lived in Miami for almost a decade, so I don’t think this “pull“ home for a 50 year old couple is going to be the determining factor. This is what needs to happen for him to come IMO:
1. manny gets fired
2. Blake is fired
3. we have to match or beat the raise Oregon is likely to give him to stay, and probably guarantee him a nice pot of money for assistants
4. We have to pay his buyout
5. then He has to replicate his success here at Miami.

that’s a whole lot of things happening perfectly that, while possible, I wouldn’t bet a dime on happening

1. School would not pay Mario, donors with massive pockets will.
2. Mario's family wants him back, and his wife wants to come back. FYI wives win 99.99999999% of the time.
3. They will likely give Manny 2 more years IMO. Unless he finishes 4-8 in 2021 which would result in a dismissal.
4. A lot of you fixate on Blake...yes, he's a weak AD, but that guy has little say in this potential move. This goes beyond his purview and authority.

Advertisement
Did I miss something? I know most on this board have fired Manny 3 times over but is the school actually wanting to fire this guy?? Seems to me they are happy with things since the guy has improved his record every season and made adjustments to the team every offseason to fix problems. Not to mention, so far this season he lost to Alabama - which was expected - and ultimate beat App St. This school doesn't strike me as the school that fires coaches because they don't pass the perception test based on a "standard" they don't seem to have.

Look at the past fired coaches...it took a long time and really bad circumstances for the shoe to finally drop. Shannon, Golden... This program doesn't have a track record for these decisions. Richt would still be here until he inevitably retired for health reasons.

Did I miss something? I know most on this board have fired Manny 3 times over but is the school actually wanting to fire this guy?? Seems to me they are happy with things since the guy has improved his record every season and made adjustments to the team every offseason to fix problems. Not to mention, so far this season he lost to Alabama - which was expected - and ultimate beat App St. This school doesn't strike me as the school that fires coaches because they don't pass the perception test based on a "standard" they don't seem to have.

Look at the past fired coaches...it took a long time and really bad circumstances for the shoe to finally drop. Shannon, Golden... This program doesn't have a track record for these decisions. Richt would still be here until he inevitably retired for health reasons.

Where he has failed is in game prep. His teams always come out flat, and take 2 quarters to warm up.

Where he has failed is in game prep. His teams always come out flat, and take 2 quarters to warm up.

Sure, I'm not debating any of what we see but is that what the people making decisions see? Or do they see the final record because if they are only looking at that then they're looking at a 15-11 record and 11-6 in conf. coach that has gotten better every season.

If true, how does this guy still have a **** job? Somebody close to your employer is offering to cover significant costs and you just ignore the offer??

We've seen enough.

I've been telling people what a sneaky little ****e Beta Blake was for years, but back when he hired Manny in the middle of the night, some people were still high on the fumes of "IPF" and they told me that Beta Blake wasn't that bad.

Advertisement
Back