It all comes down to money and courage

IMO, we could get Cristobal right now if Miami were willing to do what A&M and Michigan did. And we should take action sooner, not later.

Manny was a bad hire, and even after 5 years in the program is in over his head. Richt left the program with no obligations. Time to admit failure on the Manny experiment. take on whatever debt is needed to bring in a heavy hitter, and get this program back to relevance.
I'd imagine some BOT members that actually care about the football program should be howling for a change. Most likely nothing will get done until end of the season, so then we can hope James and Diaz are both gone. Definitely don't want James to be involved in any more hires for any UM sports teams.

Advertisement
But look at what you just said. “If we commit to big boy football”. I said it last week in my post game thread they are more interested in being Duke than they are Norte Dame even though we could be them and more. They’ve had multiple time to prove that they want to.

Richt in ‘01

Davis in ‘06

Gary Patterson

Leavitt

Mario x3

All these guys wanted this job but they wanted a commitment that we didn’t make until Richt came in ‘16 and even then it was half assed. What changes now? That Carol Soffer and family are willing to front the bill? Are they also fronting the bill for the resources he would want? Because Blake isn’t. He’s going to want to retain T- Rob, he’ll probably want bring Frank Ponce, Mirabal, and Joe Salave’a. All will demand serious cash and will be hot commodities. ****, he’ll probably bring Tim Deruyter who would probably demand Lashlee money. It’s not just 5 mil for Mario but 6-7 for staffing as well…per year.

There is no sign that Blake would do anything close to that.
I just want a strength coach who knows what the f*ck he is doing. One with a sick handlebar stache is icing on the cake

Advertisement
Corporations like the U are scared to death of

BOLD INSPIRED SOLUTIONS

Having worked in industry I can tell you that bold inspired solutions are exactly what the best corporations want from leadership. Apple, Google, Tesla, Facebook, Moderna, etc. are all about bold and inspired.

Alabama and Saban are a corporation. They’re looking at this in a completely different (smarter) way than Miami has been because they’re using sound and innovative business practices to build their organization.

Having worked in industry I can tell you that bold inspired solutions are exactly what the best corporations want from leadership. Apple, Google, Tesla, Facebook, Moderna, etc. are all about bold and inspired.

Alabama and Saban are a corporation. They’re looking at this in a completely different (smarter) way than Miami has been because they’re using sound and innovative business practices to build their organization.
You’ve proven you point 👍 indeed

Advertisement
We were paying Richt $5M per year 3 years ago.
My reference was not about money. Richt was fired from his previous job and unemployed.
I don't believe we have people that can convince or sell a coach in a good position to leave his job for this one. I don't believe they can close the deal. JMO

IMO, we could get Cristobal right now if Miami were willing to do what A&M and Michigan did. And we should take action sooner, not later.

Manny was a bad hire, and even after 5 years in the program is in over his head. Richt left the program with no obligations. Time to admit failure on the Manny experiment. take on whatever debt is needed to bring in a heavy hitter, and get this program back to relevance.
This AINT happening and even if it did it aint stopping the ncaa bias and them letting other schools buy recruits when we'd get the death penalty for it.

From ur mouth to Joseph’s ears

Advertisement

Does Mario love UM? Yes! Is he coming home? No, it's a pipe dream!

Advertisement
The pipe dream for some posters, is a motivator to deal in fantasy on a whole new level.

Think in terms of Mario's situation, and the reality is:
Deal the hand that you are holding in the game, and not depend.................. now, or in the future ......................on a shuffle to Miami, that is pretty but wrapped in air and promises, with zero upside considering this situation.

The dog with the bone, seeing his reflection will hold the bone until the reflection shows a BIGGER bone with more pluses and advantages. We have no bones to offer as the AD and BOT are recalcitrant and don't give a **** about Canes football.

Right now the reality is that our Canes have little to offer, whereas Oregon and Mario are shooting for bigger and better things, with MUCHO offerings.

Guys reality can be a *****, but you have to deal with it, and as Swampcity said this is a pipe dream, ............and Mario is smiling.

Advertisement
Back