It all comes down to money and courage

grover

Senior
Premium
IMO, we could get Cristobal right now if Miami were willing to do what A&M and Michigan did. And we should take action sooner, not later.

Manny was a bad hire, and even after 5 years in the program is in over his head. Richt left the program with no obligations. Time to admit failure on the Manny experiment. take on whatever debt is needed to bring in a heavy hitter, and get this program back to relevance.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Given the track record of the school; there is no way in **** they are going to sell the farm to get Mario Cristobal. No way. None.

First off, are we going to outbid Nike Northwest? No. Are the boosters going to pony up the money to buy out Diaz? Although over the years we have heard of high level boosters wanting Mario, I don't think so.

Would Mario want to come down? Yes, he is an alum, and was employed with the school for 5.7 seconds. Would he want to deal with the BOT and a joke of an AD? Probably not.

He'd probably want at least 5.5 million, and I don't think the school would want to give it to him.

Last edited:
Blake James needs to be shown the door first..

Then, a written apology to one of our own (Mario) for not even offering an interview, even if all it led to was a pay bump for an alum... a man can dream right?

Blake has fu*ked this up over and over again. He keeps hiring salesmen instead of football coaches. He's shown, over the years, no ability to determine whether a coach can lead a P5 program or not. And, he's allowed coaches to hire friends and family with little to no regard for their qualifications.

BLAKE NEEDS TO GO FIRST!

Given the track record of the school; there is no way in **** they are going to sell the farm to get Mario Christobal. No way. None.

First off, are we going to outbid Nike Northwest? No. Are the boosters going to pony up the money to buy out Diaz? Although over the years we have heard of high level boosters wanting Mario, I don't think so.

Would Mario want to come down? Yes, he is an alum, and was employed with the school for 5.7 seconds. Would he want to deal with the BOT and a joke of an AD? Probably not.

He'd probably want at least 5.5 million, and I don't think the school would want to give it to him.
If he wants 5.5 he’ll get 5.5. And who says the school will pay it?

Advertisement
Blake James needs to be shown the door first..

Then, a written apology to one of our own (Mario) for not even offering an interview, even if all it led to was a pay bump for an alum... a man can dream right?

Blake has fu*ked this up over and over again. He keeps hiring salesmen instead of football coaches. He's shown, over the years, no ability to determine whether a coach can lead a P5 program or not. And, he's allowed coaches to hire friends and family with little to no regard for their qualifications.

BLAKE NEEDS TO GO FIRST!

Cannot be stated enough.

Advertisement
If he wants 5.5 he’ll get 5.5. And who says the school will pay it?
It would be an unheard of thing for the school to do. They couldn't pay JJ, they fumbled about on Butch Davis, they extended Al Golden, and paid Richt 4 million, which he donated a million to get an IPF started.

In the history of the school, even when we were good, I haven't seen any evidence of the school going for broke.

It would be an unheard of thing for the school to do. They couldn't pay JJ, they fumbled about on Butch Davis, they extended Al Golden, and paid Richt 4 million, which he donated aillion to get an IPF started.

In the history of the school, even when we were good, I haven't seen any evidence of the school going for broke.
As I said the school wouldn’t be picking up his tab.

IMO, we could get Cristobal right now if Miami were willing to do what A&M and Michigan did. And we should take action sooner, not later.

Manny was a bad hire, and even after 5 years in the program is in over his head. Richt left the program with no obligations. Time to admit failure on the Manny experiment. take on whatever debt is needed to bring in a heavy hitter, and get this program back to relevance.
Hows that working out for Michigan?

Advertisement
Yep, it's so easy to throw almost 6 million dollars at a coach. Oh, wait. He's going to want close to double that to build out his staff and other needed organizational improvements? So, we're talking about anywhere from 18-20 million dollars yearly. You cutting that check? You cutting that check knowing that there's a good chance this cheap *** fanbase won't help out?

I've said it once and I'll say it again:MIAMI IS NOT ALABAMA, WHERE THEY CAN MERELY THROW MONEY AT THE BEST COACH AVAILABLE. Miami has to find an undervalued coach and then use the savings to build around said coach. That's why Miami should hire Bill Clark. That's why Miami should hire Willie Fritz. That's why I was ****ed when Miami hired Diaz. He wasn't the kind of guy that is undervalued, he was overvalued by this athletic director.

Advertisement
Back