It all comes down to money and courage

Advertisement
IMO, we could get Cristobal right now if Miami were willing to do what A&M and Michigan did. And we should take action sooner, not later.

Manny was a bad hire, and even after 5 years in the program is in over his head. Richt left the program with no obligations. Time to admit failure on the Manny experiment. take on whatever debt is needed to bring in a heavy hitter, and get this program back to relevance.
I disagree. The most important ingredient is VISION. Jankovich had it. Nobody who is anybody in this program has it. If someone doesn’t step forward and declare “The emperor is naked”, this program is gonna end up on life support.

Advertisement
Maybe in a few years but it seems unlikely right now.

I'm not in favor of waiting forever. We never made serious offers to UM alums Don James or Mark Richt until late in their careers. Both were happy to build a strong program elsewhere.

former players will.
Arrested Development No GIF

We SEC now?
Nope. There’s just people willing to spend and was willing to spend three years ago.

Just a few weeks ago I thought there was a slim chance Mario would come but maybe my odds were a tad low. We still have a season to play out so I’ll just wait and see if the wheels come off then that bridge will be crossed. I’m just saying it’s not as far out there as some think.

IMO, we could get Cristobal right now if Miami were willing to do what A&M and Michigan did. And we should take action sooner, not later.

Manny was a bad hire, and even after 5 years in the program is in over his head. Richt left the program with no obligations. Time to admit failure on the Manny experiment. take on whatever debt is needed to bring in a heavy hitter, and get this program back to relevance.
They won't do it he has the BOT fooled

Advertisement
smh. It comes down to an AD doing his due diligence and making the right hire.
Hired this man without taking a single interview from established coaches, and we know Mario wanted the job. Instead, without interviewing anyone, the AD chose man with no head coaching experience and a marginal DC. This alone is a fireable offense.

Richt handed Miami a get out of jail free card, and we used it on Manny. You can’t make this up.

Advertisement
We’ll revisit this post in 16 weeks. My money is on chaos. A sub 500 year and all bets are off. It’s still the most attractive job in American if you’ve got a set of balls. Mario’s got balls the size of 🇨🇺

Hired this man without taking a single interview from established coaches, and we know Mario wanted the job. Instead, without interviewing anyone, the AD chose man with no head coaching experience and a marginal DC. This alone is a fireable offense.

Richt handed Miami a get out of jail free card, and we used it on Manny. You can’t make this up.
I don’t agree with Ferman much but him calling it “ job malpractice “ was dead on. That’s why he’s in the same boat as the guy he hired .

Advertisement
This is home , his alma mater and his wife wants to be back here. Its definitely possible.
The best way to put this is Mario is a competitor, he’s been this way since HS, through college and as a coach. His love is Miami and the Miami Hurricanes. Mario never takes the easy way out and if the opportunity presented itself and Miami offered the HC job to him with obviously a respectable salary 5.5 or 6, Mario would 100% come to Miami. Why? Because it’s his school, it’s his city and it’s a challenge.

if he where to make Miami a title contender again he would be a legend.

do I think the current Miami administration and people pulling the strings have the balls to do any of this? **** NO, but don’t get blinded by Oregon’s money, Oregon isnt home for this unique coach.

this isnt directed to you Cribby just general comment from post.

I feel you mane I just shook my head. Miami hasn't been serious about hiring a coach since Coker really. Even back then they were trying to parlay the success of the football team Into furthering Miami academic status.

Advertisement
Back