It all comes down to money and courage

His salary was also cut in half. they didn’t have a better alternative so they made the best deal they could Imo
Definitely a model we should follow. Give Manny 7 years then extend him a few more. I’m starting to catch onto how Michigan has money and courage.

Advertisement
Lots of people said Mario needed to cut his teeth elsewhere before we should offer him the job. Well, he did. I don’t see any downside to bringing him here. He would be my first option.
The downside:
- lazy search part 7
- BOT member controlling the coaching hire like baseball
- ex players and Miami media choice

Not saying Mario isn’t the guy for us, but it doesn’t come without baggage we ***** about here 14000 times a day…

The downside:
- lazy search part 7

Not saying Mario isn’t the guy for us, but it doesn’t come without baggage we ***** about here 14000 times a day…
Unfortunately, I do see your points. I would say it's not exactly a "lazy" search per se, because hiring a proven winner is never lazy. And he is that, now.

@Poopscoop i would figure if Flake gets canned and certain BOT members lose power she’s out too. Just like a coaching staff. Who backs Strawley? Bass?
I doubt strawley goes anywhere as long as frenk is around. She's liked in that room. Problem is she's hands on about things she knows nothing about and she hired people simply based on budgets rather than unique qualifications.

Advertisement
He won 2 Pac 12 Championships before saturday
Great point. I think there were a lot of bad losses and in game corching that balanced out some of the success vs going on the road and beat OSU, while his Ducks were short handed

Great point. I think there were a lot of bad losses and in game corching that balanced out some of the success vs going on the road and beat OSU, while his Ducks were short handed
I agree with his in game coaching. It does leave alot to be desired. But I feel that's something you can live with. Because we upgrade discipline, toughness (physical and mental) and we'd move up one more tier in recruiting yearly (between 6 and 10). To me, and I could be wrong, that's a recipe to ******* FINALLY dominate the coastal. Hopefully 🤣

I agree with his in game coaching. It does leave alot to be desired. But I feel that's something you can live with. Because we upgrade discipline, toughness (physical and mental) and we'd move up one more tier in recruiting yearly (between 6 and 10). To me, and I could be wrong, that's a recipe to ******* FINALLY dominate the coastal. Hopefully 🤣
Hopefully is right. Like we said, doesn’t come without some worts, but if after a real search, it may play out well…

Advertisement
I’d be cool with Mario but there’s a coach who has a house on the ocean in Boca and HATES his current living situation at Ole Miss that I’d rather see. Full on subscriber to #letsbejerks bring me Lane Kiffin and all of the crap that comes with him.
Heard and interview a few weeks back about having to be at a state fair and judge pigs. Let’s just say he really misses the blue martini.

There are 16 coaches making over $5M and 20 making over $4.5M. No matter who we hire next, the minimum starting salary is going to have to be in that range if the university is serious about getting the program back to prominence.

So it's 6-7M for Mario or any other VIP coach, vs. 5M for the other guy. Or give up altogether and become a mediocre program.

It's honestly a no-brainer. Up or out. #HireMarioNow

I doubt strawley goes anywhere as long as frenk is around. She's liked in that room. Problem is she's hands on about things she knows nothing about and she hired people simply based on budgets rather than unique qualifications.
Have you heard what the **** is going on with Frenk? Is he renewed? On a short term contract? Are they interviewing others?

Why should the Boft be serious about bringing the program back to prominence.

Advertisement
The downside:
- lazy search part 7

It isn’t lazy if the guy is good. Manny was lazy because he was a 1st time HC, not because he was previously on staff.

Mario has earned his stripes. He wouldn’t be controlled by any BOT member any more than any other hire, IMO.

Ex-players would love the hire. Is that somehow a negative to you?

I’m not sure baggage is the right word. What baggage?

I guess maybe because he came on board with golden for a cup of coffee then bolted for Bama? I think most can look past that. I know I can.

Id love to get an up and comer type, but this program needs established and successful right now. We can’t afford another miss. Mario checks all the boxes, and he is a true cane at heart.

I didn’t want him last round, but I’d chip in for his salary this round.

Advertisement

Being stupid is far more worrisome than cheap… university president should know that…

Perhaps, the new AD pushes her out? That person is going to want to bring in their own people and if her reputation precedes her then this should be an easy fix. If Frenks does get involved then it would contradict a lot about how’s he’s handled the Athletic Department by staying away and not micromanaging.

Advertisement
Back