Is this a good decision by the QB?

Seems like we were having this same discussion regarding Perry after the spring game last year. He's got a little too much gunslinger in him. His arm talent is elite so he thinks he can make every throw but he's too focused on forcing the ball downfield, even if it means throwing into coverage. I liked his footwork in a crowded pocket and I like that he kept his eyes up but holding on to the ball too long, waiting for your guy to get open and then throwing late across the middle scares me.

Advertisement
It was definitely a read. Every play is a read. No QB is out there making up plays. Lol

Question is, was the read correct or incorrect.

But whatever. You can be the smartest poster if you want. Let me know what the award is. Lol
When a play is off schedule, and the QB scrambles to his right and jeter jumps to throw across his body, yes he made that up cause the play was not designed for that lol..did u watch the clip?

I'd like to see Perry do it from under center, you know where hes had his issues, then come talk to me
I'm guessing you're a Tate fan. I dont think Perry is the guy, particularly after not having command of the simple play book the last two seasons, and his off field junk - not what I was getting out, just commenting on the play. I'll take the 17 yard competiton and line up for another play.

I’m neither calling out one specific QB, nor overly praising him.

I’m posting this fairly straightforward example to see what people say regarding this play. Again, this is NOT about a particular player, inasmuch as it is about how we evaluate a specific play and/or player. A specific completion, a specific result.

I’ll post my evaluation, and I am admittedly no quarterback expert not even a little bit, later in this thread.

I remember this play and my view was from the end zone. There was a little space between Irvin and both defenders. I agree it was TIGHT

I was in the WEZ under the overhead by our tunnel. From my angle, with all the hands up in the air, I thought McGahee scored and Geathers was a 2 point conversion. ******* madness. I had 8 drunk dudes jump on top of me after the Wide Left. I always put my head down for the game winning kicks.

Advertisement
Here’s what I think.

Your first sentence is key. Which is what was the call and what does the OC actually want?

Assuming he wasn’t told don’t throw to the outlet, the RB on his right is a guaranteed first down, a much safer throw with nobody around him, and the RB possibly takes it to the house with one juke.

The reason I said your first sentence was key, is that he could’ve been told don’t throw to the safety valve.

But in a real game, it would have been a bad decision in my opinion, because he would’ve missed an easy pitch and catch, an easy first down, and possibly much longer. Instead of choosing to throw into coverage, even if the coverage had been loose .

As an FYI, i’m posting this not to take a shlt on the guy, like other people do to push their agendas, because I don’t have one. I really have no idea who is going to pull out ahead, and I don’t have a favorite. I do love that Kosi is looking a lot better than he ever has.

View attachment 83865

Gotta respect that..good post

There is a great breakdown of this very play on SOTU. Basically the total opposite of the caption in the tweet.

Perry threw into double coverage after locking on a guy. He was lucky. The correct throw would’ve been the RB as the outlet or down the field (which we can’t see on this vid.) We are in trouble in Perry wins this thing as many have already noted.

Advertisement
I forgot what game it was, but remember McGahee’s 80 yard screen or check down in the orange bowl. I’m trying to rack my brain that may have been FSU but I remember it was in the orange bowl in our championship year.

For a true Canes fan you sure don't remember one of the biggest plays in their history.

For a true Canes fan you sure don't remember one of the biggest plays in their history.

EAD... i’ve seen literally thousands of exciting canes plays. I remembered the play but was off by a year. That was straight off the top of my head. No reasonable person that reads this would disagree with what I’m saying. You’re just being your usual gayturd cūnt. Go back to sucking off Tebow, he likes twinks like you sūcking his dlck,

LOL...yeah???:

To me, this should not be a Tate versus Perry, or any quarterback versus any quarterback, discussion. It was an honest look at a play, and the dissection of the quarterback reads. That’s all.

It could’ve been any quarterback, but I saw this tweet and it jumped out at me that the guy that wrote the tweet probably misdiagnosed the play. That’s all this is.

Advertisement
EAD... i’ve seen literally thousands of exciting canes plays. I remembered the play but was off by a year. That was straight off the top of my head. No reasonable person that reads this would disagree with what I’m saying. You’re just being your usual gayturd cūnt. Go back to sucking off Tebow, he likes twinks like you sūcking his dlck,

I sat in the stands and watched in the sweltering heat that day. No way I would ever forget that game. Any reasonable Canes fan would immediately know that play. Stop making excuses dummy.

You were obviously laid up in some other dudes bed watching re-runs of Friends.

I just don’t see how anyone thinks we make a living on offense throwing to RB’s out of the backfield. I’m sure a rb is in the flats open on every single play bc that’s normally what most defenses give up....they prefer to rally to the flat.

I just don’t see how anyone thinks we make a living on offense throwing to RB’s out of the backfield. I’m sure a rb is in the flats open on every single play bc that’s normally what most defenses give up....they prefer to rally to the flat.

From an overall perspective that’s correct.

I was just diagnosing the one single play. There are always going to be a few plays where it’s better to dump off. Even if it’s just one or two or just a handful of plays each game. You need to be able to go down field to keep the defense honest and to win games. Everybody wants a downfield quarterback, I know I do. I love the big chunk plays, who doesn’t.

Sure if you have somebody that’s giving up on going down field all the time, and just constantly dumping off, you just not gonna get anywhere. You don’t win that way.

Because in a real game you’re going to get favorable matchups downfield that make it a much higher percentage play where it’s worth the risk.

Kosi has the arm. He can spin it. But we need whatever QB it is to see the field and make the right throw, whether it’s downfield or out on the flat.

Advertisement
I was in the WEZ under the overhead by our tunnel. From my angle, with all the hands up in the air, I thought McGahee scored and Geathers was a 2 point conversion. ******* madness. I had 8 drunk dudes jump on top of me after the Wide Left. I always put my head down for the game winning kicks.
It went to the 9....Thought Willis would score....Geathers took care of that....I was there as well...Absolutely Sweltering Heat...

It went to the 9....Thought Willis would score....Geathers took care of that....I was there as well...Absolutely Sweltering Heat...

A few people when they remember that play, think he scored. That’s the one thing I remember clearly is that he did not score, and I thought he was going to. It was Lou’s as fūck as he was running down the sideline.

I wish somebody would post that play

I know that now. At the time, I couldn’t see where he fell at the night because of all the fans jumping up and now. 2000 heat was far worse.

Advertisement
Back