Is this a good decision by the QB?

Why?

Because I was scrolling through twitter and this jumped out at me. I didn’t go look for it, it was in my timeline. Had it been from Tate or Williams, I would have posted the same thing.

You’re the one with the agenda - not me. You’re so sensitive, like teenage girl in love with one guy. Go ask to suck his dlck if you're that much in love. I don’t care who the QB is, but youre ghay on one particular QB. If he wins the job, I’ll be just as happy as any other one winning the job. I don’t have a favorite, you ***aloon.

I just want to win games. You just want your lover boy to tuck you in at night..
Like I said go play with your dingaling and stop trying to be a coach!! And if Tate wins the job then you can go swing on his nuts!!

Advertisement
Like I said go play with your dingaling and stop trying to be a coach!! And if Tate wins the job then you can go swing on his nuts!!

You just keep proving you are the one with the agenda. You want one guy to win and the **** with the other guys.

You’re a piece of shlt and you just proved it, queerboy.

There are some guys that are just as ***** on Tate.

Apparently not as many on Williams.

Fūck all of them.

*Sean McDermott voice* I need to see the all-22.

Anyway the important takeaway from that clip is the pocket movement. This was a huge weakness for Perry in HS all the way through last year. He would tend to bail out of the pocket with no plan or discipline. Here he navigates the pocket cleanly and keeps his eyes downfield. From what I can tell the defenders who were in position had their backs facing him so it's a calculated risk. All in all this play was very Jameis Winston and he lost 1 game in college.

I'm of the opinion that coaches should award the QB job to the guy who best projects to perform under duress during the season, as opposed to the guy who plays best in camp. That gives Williams and Martell a significant baseline advantage. However if Perry demonstrates real progress on critical traits/factors like pocket movement and understanding offensive concepts to where his feet and eyes are in concert...then you have to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that foundation carries him throughout the season.

Of the 3 QBs Perry is the most dependent on schematic structure to shield him from his self-destructive tendencies under pressure or when throws aren't defined. Enos could be for him what Trestman was for Jay Cutler, for example.

Advertisement
Ok ***!! Why not highlight Williams pass in the second scrimmage that was under thrown and should have been intercepted but went for the TD?! Why not point out the numerous bad plays from Tate in the first and second scrimmages?. His helter skelter running around and not hanging in the pocket long enough to look for a receiver?? Why not highlight the atrocious play of Williams and getting sacked for a safety?? Why pick out a laser throw and completion by Perry out of all the bad plays and decisions that the other QBs have made??

Yes *** hole!! You do have an agenda!! Go play with your dingaling and leave the nick picking to coaches!! PUNK!!
HEY!....Enough with this Filthy Ding A Ling talk...Your compromising CIS's class with such Filthy talk....

Anyway the important takeaway from that clip is the pocket movement. This was a huge weakness for Perry in HS all the way through last year. He would tend to bail out of the pocket with no plan or discipline. Here he navigates the pocket cleanly and keeps his eyes downfield. From what I can tell the defenders who were in position had their backs facing him so it's a calculated risk. All in all this play was very Jameis Winston and he lost 1 game in college.

I'm of the opinion that coaches should award the QB job to the guy who best projects to perform under duress during the season, as opposed to the guy who plays best in camp. That gives Williams and Martell a significant baseline advantage. However if Perry demonstrates real progress on critical traits/factors like pocket movement and understanding offensive concepts to where his feet and eyes are in concert...then you have to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that foundation carries him throughout the season.

Of the 3 QBs Perry is the most dependent on schematic structure to shield him from his self-destructive tendencies under pressure or when throws aren't defined. Enos could be for him what Trestman was for Jay Cutler, for example.

This is true. Pretty good pocket presence here.

I didn’t like it. As a former QB I could still feel my internal clock saying look for your check down and get rid of it and he never even gave it a look and it just happened to be wide open. You’re not always, especially not with our OL, gonna be able to hang in the middle of the pocket that long so what’s gonna happen when he can’t? Probably get blown up and throw it right to the LB, get it tipped at the line, or stripped.

Did great stepping up in the pocket, kept his eyes up and feet going, and made a tough throw. You’d like for him to see Deejay in his peripheral though or he even had room to scramble and pick up some yardage to the right and possibly get out of bounds. But that’s just how cfb is anymore. No more conservatism and the ones that force those throws and get away with it end up being great college QBs ala Mayfield, Manziel, Murray, Jameis, etc.

Basically comes down to did he improvise and see the play good enough from the pocket to know to hang in and squeeze it in there or did he just force it regardless of what he saw? Based on last year it was the latter.

Advertisement

Good post but that’s bad juju pulling Jay Cutler out of your hat. I don’t agree about Kosi though...I think he’s right there and it wouldn’t surprise me if he gets the job. I don’t disagree if people say he’s an inch ahead

He did a great job sliding up and threading the needle, but tactically I think the RB was a better bet. At least IMO, but I’m not a QB or a QB coach...that’s just my evaluation... the evaluation that counts is a Enos’ eval.

But anyway, Jay Cutler?

Has there ever been a quarterback the gave fewer fūcks than Jay Cutler?

The answer is NO!

Bad decision by Kosi. I even commented about it to the people I was with when I saw it live.

Can't throw late across the middle like that, especially into double coverage. Very fortunate the LB doesn't read Kosi's eyes better and step into the path of the throw.

Yup, critique of the stare down is overrated. Vick kinda explains it in this video:

Agree with Vick or not, at least in that particular type of play, he's 100 percent correct on it. If that's the play call, the back can do only one thing to disrupt that play. He's gotta jump the route, by anticipating it (not likely as that's dangerous as **** at that early depth) or undercut the route as he's up on the line trying to jam (disrupt or force the receiver one direction or the other) the receiver.

The QB has to see what's going on there and immediately be ready to go to his secondary receiver. If the corner is up on the line, good chance he calls an audible unless he's supremely confident in his receiver.

There's different types of stare downs, but in this instance I thought I would explain the context.

Bad decision by Kosi. I even commented about it to the people I was with when I saw it live.

Can't throw late across the middle like that, especially into double coverage. Very fortunate the LB doesn't read Kosi's eyes better and step into the path of the throw.

I'm not going to say if it was the right call or not, but the angle from the sideline cam can be deceptive on what's there or isn't there in relation to space on a play. He could very well have his target between two defenders ten yards apart and he's in the middle. Also, what does his throwing lane look like? Him apparently leaving his feet suggests his view was obstructed. On a phone can be even more magnified and or shrunk as everything is smaller.

Simply put, I would have to see it from the end zone to see what his throwing window was over the middle. Too tough to tell from that angle and on a small screen.

At least on this vid, the out to DJ looks safe.

Advertisement
I didn’t like it. As a former QB I could still feel my internal clock saying look for your check down and get rid of it and he never even gave it a look and it just happened to be wide open. You’re not always, especially not with our OL, gonna be able to hang in the middle of the pocket that long so what’s gonna happen when he can’t? Probably get blown up and throw it right to the LB, get it tipped at the line, or stripped.

Did great stepping up in the pocket, kept his eyes up and feet going, and made a tough throw. You’d like for him to see Deejay in his peripheral though or he even had room to scramble and pick up some yardage to the right and possibly get out of bounds. But that’s just how cfb is anymore. No more conservatism and the ones that force those throws and get away with it end up being great college QBs ala Mayfield, Manziel, Murray, Jameis, etc.

Basically comes down to did he improvise and see the play good enough from the pocket to know to hang in and squeeze it in there or did he just force it regardless of what he saw? Based on last year it was the latter.

What level did you play at?

I was seated in the end zone and Perry clearing staring at target presnap

REALLY?? AMAZING!! :unsure: Hmmmmm

I just wanted to be sure..... We are talking about last year's FSU game..4th Quarter when you clearly saw that from the endzone ??

Hmmmm

Last edited:
Advertisement
From the Athletic story - Enos interview yesterday

Asked what he keeps his eyes on before the snap when he is coaching, Enos said: “The first thing I do is I’m looking at the defense to see where they’re lining up and get the front and I get the coverage. And usually, the two safeties will tell you. We say they have the keys to the castle. One of those safeties is usually going to give away the coverage and any possible blitz.

“And if it’s a pass play, I’m looking to exactly what I teach the quarterbacks to do. So, we give them a movement key on every play on a pass play, which means that they’re going to read a defender, a certain defender and key his movement, and that will allow (the quarterback) to make a decision whether he’s gonna be throwing it to the first guy or the second or the third. And so, I’ll play just like the quarterback when the ball is snapped and my eyes are going to go exactly where his eyes are going to go to help him when he comes back to the sidelines.”

Thanks for posting this @Hoyacane1620

Advertisement
Back