Is this a good decision by the QB?

I mean the important thing is just having a rational discussion about QB decision making. Having never played the position, I find the thought process and speed of decision making a worthy subject.

Unfortunately, some people to start going to their corners and making it about individuals and their preferences, rather than talking about the process as a whole

I love me some knowledge seekers. I try to be one as well, but it’s hard sometimes.

As older folk, 26 here, we gotta change with the game or else we sound like my grandpa “WHERES THE FB DIVE!?”

Advertisement

I’m neither calling out one specific QB, nor overly praising him.

I’m posting this fairly straightforward example to see what people say regarding this play. Again, this is NOT about a particular player, inasmuch as it is about how we evaluate a specific play and/or player. A specific completion, a specific result.

I’ll post my evaluation, and I am admittedly no quarterback expert not even a little bit, later in this thread.

speaking as a former QB, it's the kind of play where the coach will yell: "good play! …. now don't ever fu*king do it again!!!"

Advertisement
Back