Is this a good decision by the QB?

In a real game, I agree. I would be saying he needs to see the RB wide open in his periphery. In a real game the actual throw he ended up making might be a risky throw with possible catastrophic outcome vs a sure thing first down with #13, and a huge gain.

Is it possible he was told to go downfield and not read the flats (RB safety release)? Maybe, I don’t know.

And I’m not banging on Kosi, because all three quarterbacks have missed reads either way.

Even the best quarterbacks don’t always take the best options and make the proper reads every game. The game moves fast, and nobody is ever 100%. It just doesn’t happen. It’s just that the better quarterbacks minimize their bad reads.

Overall, we’re in a much better position on the quarterback room then we have been for three years or longer. Or at least it seems that way.
Only thing I'll add is no way enos is telling them to avoid the proper reads. The guy is very much about the mental aspect of the game. He'd be helping to establish bad tendencies if he even brought that up to them. Hed want to see how they read the play rather than putting them at a disadvantage from jump.

Advertisement
Please elightnen me as to how you know that the play's intent? we know the result, but not what we wanted to happen. I would argue that based on the formation and all the action to the front side that the front side is where the play is intended to go. Good QBs get back to that backside flat. I agree 100% on that. I am just hoping the decision making was sound and that there was a rationale he can explain to Enos on why he did what he did. I hope he saw it presnap and as the play was developing, moved off his spot and hit the right guy according to what we were trying to do. I am hoping, i know what i don't know.
I'm not saying the play was developed with that intent. Far from it. I'm saying his checkdown was a viable option and how it developed it should have been his only option. What I stated is any plays desired outcome depending on variables of clock and field position obviously. I'd have more issue with the call of the defense on second and 4 actually then i would with nkosi decision. But that's semantics.

With all of the QBs it's not the physical though. It's the mental. Both kosi and tate have to be a lil more patient in the pocket(trust I know its REAL hard the way the line is right now)but without doing it well never be able to get routes to open up & they'll never be able to process most of their reads.
Agreed. And of course I’m just going off of what we have actually seen in live games (which isn’t much)

Seems that the live bullets are what matter when it comes to a QB situation like ours.

It’s still so early. Every day can change the competition at this point

I think coaches have an idea that there just seeing if after each film study or practice whose name do they keep coming back to as spring closes.

This name / thought is to waller around in there minds as they review film them when camp opens who’s name is paramount as practice starts moving forward.

Anyway when coaches get together in summer, I’d ask each one write down the name that keeps popping up in your mind no long dissertation write down one name.

I would write “ TATE”.

GOCANES

It was a good decision, good route by MI2 also. Irvin did a good job of recognizing the zone and sitting in the hole.

LOL, good thing none of y'all were the OC in 2K vs FSU, Dorsey would've been throwing check downs instead of those brass ball throws He made on the game winning drive...SMH.

Advertisement
Someone please tell the cameraman turn ur phone 📲 horizontal when recording 🤦🏾‍♂️

The receiver made the play probably should have went to the flat but I’ll take it 👍🏾

Based on what I saw Perry Tate then Williams

1. Perry - has the most superior arm of the 3 but he stares down his presnap primary read but I was encouraged by the fact that when a play breaks down Perry remains mobile in the pockets while keeping his eyes down the field for open receivers.

2. Tate - Shotgun/spread offense seems to be his wheelhouse but when put in under center he struggle with accuracy even when the play is open. Tate has the best mobility which maybe best suited with this Oline but to me Tate seem to be a more package type QB.

Williams - Sigh when forced to move in the pocket the pass play is going nowhere and he seem to be the slowest of the 3 Qb's

Good decision.

Clearly, the read was where he threw the ball.

Just because the LBs freelanced on the play doesn’t mean that’s the QB’s fault.

Some of y’all really have no idea what you’re looking at or talking about.

There are a ton of videos with Tom Brady staring down his target. QBs all over the planet do the same thing, and it works if the timing and accuracy are on point.

Actually it was a horrible read. In that instance you see the running back drop into the flat at the same time the backer drops into coverage atleast 20 yards deep mid field. The perfect play isnt always the ones that require difficulty. Hes still learning just like the others. He needs to get more comfortable in the pocket so he processes his reads.
His 1st mistake was the pre snap. He chose the wrong side to manipulate. Even pre snap he should’ve seen the flat would be there. But like u saying he’s still learning the offense. But if he was reading the corner to check/flat in the beginning and still did that I’d be worried more. But that decision is a pick in a real game, either off a deflection or a jumped pattern. Never throw late across your body to the middle of the field

Advertisement
Good decision.

There are a ton of videos with Tom Brady staring down his target. QBs all over the planet do the same thing, and it works if the timing and accuracy are on point.
Lol saying that was a good read shows you either don’t know or forgot what what your talking about..that throw wasn’t even off a “read”. He improvised in the pocked, which is nice, scrambled to his right but then decided to do a jeter jump throw in coverage, across his body, between the numbers

I agree you have to look at context. But it seems obvious that Nkosi was going to his first pre-snap read on this play come **** or high water. Showed tremendous poise and concentration and foot work. But as a coach, I would be looking at it and say "dude, you had an open outlet that was higher percentage and could have gotten you to move the chains". We may not have needed a hero play in that situation.

I see what you're saying but he feels or sees pressue and when he hops to the right of the pocket he is obviously eeping a bead, looking down field. At that point, I'm not sure he has time to twist, get his feat set and dump it off. The decisons happen a lot faster when those DL are closing.

Good decision. He has the arm to make those throws, the other two don't.

****, he could throw to the rb in the flats **** near every pass play, but is that what you want to see all game?? That's why they call it a CHECK DOWN, it's hardly ever the first read.

BTW Cometh is using the check down more, as it is being preached by Enos, just look at the video of the first two scrimmages, especially the second one.

Kid is definitely improving nicely.

Advertisement
It was a good decision, good route by MI2 also. Irvin did a good job of recognizing the zone and sitting in the hole.

LOL, good thing none of y'all were the OC in 2K vs FSU, Dorsey would've been throwing check downs instead of those brass ball throws He made on the game winning drive...SMH.
Funny you mention that as screens were in integral part of our offense at that time...

Good decision.

So are you telling me how a play is designed makes it the proper read? So the qb action has nothing to do with how a defense responds? Okie doke. Nice talking to you. When you sight a qb that stares down his targets you should also point out the importance of those QBs accuracy and mental approach. Like the guy who mentioned Michael Vick as any source for adequate QUARTERBACK play... he was far more effective as a murderer of animals than he ever was as a passer.

Advertisement
Check downs come with experience. Kosi locks in on his 1st read and then gets crazy if that person is covered. But he is still super young as a QB. The more time and more relaxed he gets he will see those things

So are you telling me how a play is designed makes it the proper read? So the qb action has nothing to do with how a defense responds? Okie doke. Nice talking to you. When you sight a qb that stares down his targets you should also point out the importance of those QBs accuracy and mental approach. Like the guy who mentioned Michael Vick as any source for adequate QUARTERBACK play... he was far more effective as a murderer of animals than he ever was as a passer.

Yes. The play design tells the QB how to read his progression.

Like the guy who mentioned Michael Vick as any source for adequate QUARTERBACK play... he was far more effective as a murderer of animals than he ever was as a passer.

LOL, so now you have to be a HOFer to give QB advice?...well I guess that makes guys like Enos, Doug Pederson, & Frank Reich "inadequate" huh? And if you watched the video, you'd clearly hear Vick say "my coach told me" several times, He wasn't just pulling info out of His ***.

Lol saying that was a good read shows you either don’t know or forgot what what your talking about..that throw wasn’t even off a “read”. He improvised in the pocked, which is nice, scrambled to his right but then decided to do a jeter jump throw in coverage, across his body, between the numbers

We’ll agree to disagree. The throw was based on his read. His timing was adjusted because he had to move in the pocket.

Of course, we’re both debating when we don’t know the play call or the progression.

The bigger point is the fact that the LB didn’t cover their area doers t mean the QB didn’t make the proper read.

Advertisement
Back