Indoor Practice Facility Progress

Advertisement
I was on TOS for many years till it was bought out so I came here now I'm back to a RECRUIT geeez , so really know one here has heard of me but only a very few with different names , any way I kept mine guess it's ok well the electric service to this facility is pretty big the U is getting the BEST for sure.

GOCANES

Siemens?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our biggest thing is dorms & fan attendance until the dorms are done. Most dontbrealize how huge those dorms will be for us!

Should be done in 2019 I believe, at least the new dorm.

The university, from what I understand based on the master plan is planning on this schedule for on campus housing:

Fall 2019 - New dorm complete.
2020-2022 - Demolition of Hecht/Stanford towers and construction of a new housing complex in the same place.
2023 - renovation of Eaton
2024-2025 - renovation of Mahoney-Pearson.

So, it's a complete overhaul of campus housing within the next 7 years, which as Dee said is huge for recruiting, especially getting the 1st new dorm done. Can't remember the total price tag but I know the new dorm is around $155 million project

Advertisement

The university, from what I understand based on the master plan is planning on this schedule for on campus housing:

2020-2022 - Demolition of Hecht/Stanford towers and construction of a new housing complex in the same place.

So, it's a complete overhaul of campus housing within the next 7 years, which as Dee said is huge for recruiting, especially getting the 1st new dorm done. Can't remember the total price tag but I know the new dorm is around $155 million project

That's interesting they are demolishing the newest dorms but only renovating the older ones. However, I can attest I never wanted to live in Stanford or Hecht towers. Sharing a community bathroom with the entire floor was way less than desirable than sharing a bathroom with one other room.

Advertisement
That's interesting they are demolishing the newest dorms but only renovating the older ones. However, I can attest I never wanted to live in Stanford or Hecht towers. Sharing a community bathroom with the entire floor was way less than desirable than sharing a bathroom with one other room.

You really missed out. We had a psychopath that used to **** in the urinals in Stanford. Was quite the pleasant mystery for like a month. Ahhhh, good times.

The first one is our prized recruit. Its beautiful & will help sell the vision for where were headed. Our dorms now are beyond pitiful. I was ashamed the shape the dorms were in when i moved my nephew in. Hadnt realized its gotten so bad. Itll completely transform the campus and finally allow us to compete with anyone in the nation. Honestly other than the blind eye the ncaa turns on certain conferences & programs itll be the last chip that finally allows us an even playing field with virtually anyone in the country. Obviously id love for us to be able to .arch out an on campus stadium. But at a certain point any of us that know the surroundings need to be practical. Physically its just not possible. Can you imagine game day traffic on us1... fml id rather think not. Maybe eventually tropical will become possible but in the mean time we have a beautiful stadium which finally (thanks to all the construction) has a actual game day atmosphere to it. Lets embrace where were at & far more importantly where were headed.

You really missed out. We had a psychopath that used to **** in the urinals in Stanford. Was quite the pleasant mystery for like a month. Ahhhh, good times.

Ugh. I only slept there when I stayed at my girlfriend's. It was like using the bathroom at the gym.

Advertisement
Back