GenericYesMan

Junior
From Greentree:

5eVe3Xz.jpg

From the HC office:

cwONLmc.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
How much of a footprint does this take out of the current Greentree practice area? Any negative whatsoever with that? I wonder if practices will move indoors if it gets too hot (meaning virtually every afternoon in the summer)? Or, used just when it rains?

Advertisement
Will it be ready by August practice when we typically lose 3 or 4 practices due to lightening?

Advertisement
I don't think they'll move inside when it's hot. That's the home field advantage. This thing is all about the lightning warnings they have all the time.

How much of a footprint does this take out of the current Greentree practice area? Any negative whatsoever with that? I wonder if practices will move indoors if it gets too hot (meaning virtually every afternoon in the summer)? Or, used just when it rains?

Here is a link to the plans filed with the City of Coral Gables:

http://coralgables.com/modules/showdocument.aspx?documentid=18616

If you look at page 51, you can see that they are moving the outdoor fields 25 feet to the South and the field on the East side will lose its south end zone as a result.

Here's the layout from the plans:

Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 7.55.12 AM.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think they'll move inside when it's hot. That's the home field advantage. This thing is all about the lightning warnings they have all the time.

Couple cases of heatstroke and ... ya never know. Also, I really haven't see the "home field advantage" of training in high hunmidity much anymore. Opponents seem to have no more heat-related game problems than we do.

It absolutely impacts games. ND showed serious adjustment issues to the humidity (and it wasn't even all that hot that night) and Syracuse looked worn down by the end of the game. You also see it in the NFL, with teams running out of gas against the Dolphins in September/October games at Hard Rock.

Teams from less humid climates absolutely have adjustment issues. The air is just really, really heavy and tests a team's conditioning.

Advertisement

Couple cases of heatstroke and ... ya never know. Also, I really haven't see the "home field advantage" of training in high hunmidity much anymore. Opponents seem to have no more heat-related game problems than we do.

They can still practice inside with the hanger doors open!

It absolutely impacts games. ND showed serious adjustment issues to the humidity (and it wasn't even all that hot that night) and Syracuse looked worn down by the end of the game. You also see it in the NFL, with teams running out of gas against the Dolphins in September/October games at Hard Rock.

Teams from less humid climates absolutely have adjustment issues. The air is just really, really heavy and tests a team's conditioning.

I don't know the extent to which it affects players, but it absolutely has some. When the humidity is high your sweat doesn't evaporate as quickly and it's harder to cool your body off. There can be significant performance losses due to increased body temp. Our guys train in that humidity, so their bodies have time to adapt to it which lessens the impact.

Advertisement
Easy to say we have a "heat" advantage when we win like we did against ND. I didn't see Toledo or Syracuse (the two games I saw) struggling. We had just as many guys cramping up/looking beat as they did.

Easy to say we have a "heat" advantage when we win like we did against ND. I didn't see Toledo or Syracuse (the two games I saw) struggling. We had just as many guys cramping up/looking beat as they did.

Or more. The last several years it seems OUR players have more issues with the heat than the teams we play.

Looks good. In fact, it looks even better at night, believe it or not. I attended the basketball game against Florida State the other day and the view from the parking garage is terrific because you see through the frame with the backdrop of the lights of the building behind it. It really provides a perspective of how tall and impressive the indoor facility is going to be.

Advertisement
Back