If we are this undisciplined...

Advertisement
All they do is post their personal “highlights” on social media after we get blown out. They did it after Bama and I’m already seeing it after today’s debacle. These guys don’t give a flying **** about losing, they’re all in it for themselves. Manny is so out of touch with the soft shouldered culture he’s fostering at Miami.
that's because there is no repercussions for such actions. There doesn't even seem to be any peer pressure to not post stuff after losses

This situation is as dead and bloated as possible. The context you mentioned is the reason. We have many reasons to be better in specific ways. We suck in all the ways we should be good. We need a complete clean slate.

The players are apathetic. It’s a disease and it needs to be completely eradicated.

Either Manny is feeding us bull**** about the guys playing for each other and not giving up, etc. or he is completely out of touch with his team.
He’s the most clueless coach we’ve had. He does not have the pulse on this team because he doesn’t know who they are or what he needs to do with them. He’s good at PR, but only to keep his job.

Advertisement
If you think the program has “no chance” then why on earth are you on a website devoted to nothing else but talking about it? How do you have the time and emotion to waste, and even if you do, why do you spend it here? Thats not rhetorical, I really want to know, because I don’t get it.

Some of you will simultaneously say “the program is dead beyond dead” and yet discuss it EVERY DAY, like zombies with nowhere to go. It’s like you have a virus animating your CFB corpse and you can’t help but stumble around the vacant halls of Grassy 2.0 and groan about how disappointing being alive was.

My dad died 15 years ago. I stopped texting him 15 years ago. I stopped calling him 15 years ago, because he was actually dead. When I discuss him with other people I don’t get confused about him being alive, I don’t expect him at family functions, I don’t get disappointed when he doesn’t call. He’s dead, not “program is ded lol nothng matters“ dead, but dead.

If you believe this program is dead and you still post on this site, you are the fool. Not the BOT, not Diaz, you. You’re the one complaining about the reliability of a corpse, all the while claiming you know it’s dead.
emergency maintenance GIF

Advertisement
I don't understand how the people with money have allowed the administration to hire, 3 first time HC, 1 HC with minimal experience at Temple and a burnt out coach heading for retirement. Mullen and Cristobal wanted the job. Butch been wanted the job. Kiffin was right there in Boca. Yet people want to tell us no one would come here simply because they want to convince you this atrocity is the best we can do. We need an experienced HC or someone from the NFL who has a good respected reputation. We need a wide arcing search. Fire Diaz now and give themselves 2 months to interview coaches who can be interviewed and then feel out others agents. Enough is enough. And fire Blake James. The Athletic dept is a dump in all sports

New week same ****. Always the BOT are upset and want to do something. I’ll believe it when I see it. Manny still the coach and bigger issue Blake james still AD.

Would love to see them change that and make big $$$$$ move but unfortunately after everything we see I have no confidence
They given Diaz money and freedom to hire better coaches as well as create new assistant positions. He is a failure and they need ro own it.

I don't understand how the people with money have allowed the administration to hire, 3 first time HC, 1 HC with minimal experience at Temple and a burnt out coach heading for retirement. Mullen and Cristobal wanted the job. Butch been wanted the job. Kiffin was right there in Boca. Yet people want to tell us no one would come here simply because they want to convince you this atrocity is the best we can do. We need an experienced HC or someone from the NFL who has a good respected reputation. We need a wide arcing search. Fire Diaz now and give themselves 2 months to interview coaches who can be interviewed and then feel out others agents. Enough is enough. And fire Blake James. The Athletic dept is a dump in all sports
100% agree on all points! Move Shoop up to a coach, either make Simpson or T-Rob interim HC, do a proper search and hire someone that requires a serious financial commitment because they are legitimate and deserve it.

Sometimes I wonder if the university of Miami BOT lay up at night and think of me the way I do them. All I ever wanted was for them to love me. Yet, all I’ve ever gotten was the cold shoulder.
“I joke when I say I’m the best in the booth, but a lot of truth is said in jest”

Advertisement
I disagree with this. With TV contracts schools are bringing in more revenue than they've ever seen before. The ACC Network pays each school over $30M per year. The problem is not funding, it's how the school chooses to allocate that money. We could easily pay a coach the necessary salary to not have to go bargain bin shopping. The problem is this school is not committed to winning. Like Solie said, Miami has an Ivy League mindset. They don't care whether or not the football program is successful. So they let mediocrity slide so long as the school isn't getting any bad publicity.
Ivy League schools aren't tied with FSU in the academic rankings. I'm sure I'm in the small minority here, but if UM was Duke or even Emory academically, I wouldn't care that much if football stunk.

But UM has no identity, and primarily exists at this point to provide jobs for a lot of people in South Florida, and big money jobs to too many of them. Under Julio's tenure, UM has become mediocre at everything (except tuition cost). He's by far the worst president the University has had in my lifetime.

Ivy League schools aren't tied with FSU in the academic rankings. I'm sure I'm in the small minority here, but if UM was Duke or even Emory academically, I wouldn't care that much if football stunk.

But UM has no identity, and primarily exists at this point to provide jobs for a lot of people in South Florida, and big money jobs to too many of them. Under Julio's tenure, UM has become mediocre at everything (except tuition cost). He's by far the worst president the University has had in my lifetime.
Not a single facet or school within the University has gone up or stayed level during his time in charge. Been on one giant slip n slide after a narrow win.

Advertisement
Everyone knows what it takes for Championships but suffering through it there’s no stomach for it.

So we’ll run around thinking we’re doing something when we’re not like the way we play running around doing nothing then huddling up .

That’s who we are

that's because there is no repercussions for such actions. There doesn't even seem to be any peer pressure to not post stuff after losses
They’re proud of each other for a “highlight” play no matter what the result of the game is. Softest culture I’ve ever seen.

But a lot of our fans were duped into thinking Manny was some second coming of Jimmy Johnson because he crashed a recruiting event and showed up on a yacht.

Manny is full of fake bravado. Remember, this is the same assclown that did a slip and slide celebration for narrowly defeating a bad UVA team at home. He’s so obsessed with the idea of his players liking him and looking “cool” that he’ll do anything to please them. There’s zero accountability, they aren’t held to any standard. The stench around this soft, participation trophy style culture is sickening.

We clearly have a TON of schematic issues on both offense and defense, but in my opinion our greatest downfall is how soft our culture is. It all starts with the leadership (or lack thereof) at the top.

Advertisement
Back