If we are this undisciplined...

Advertisement
Sounds good, guess you can stop posting then. Thanks for your contribution to the site.
I'll leave you and the boxing guy who doesn't know **** on shinola about football to do circle jerk together if you can find one another's little pricks.
Weird farewell speech talking about 2 guys' ****s but good luck on your future endeavors!! Cis will miss you!

Advertisement
Im from Little Havana, Miami and 42…I can’t live in wishes anymore. I will believe he is gone when I see it. Hope has been gone for the last 20 years. I just watch now for nostalgia. I want them to win, but I will believe the moves when they are done.

The passion I love, the anger I love, the hope and the agony, all of it I love. The pronouncement of “it’s dead and will never live again” just doesn’t make any sense if you still plan on following the program. I’m not even disagreeing with the possibility that it’s DOA, I’m just saying y’all won’t see me around here if I truly believe it is. But that’s me.
You thread banned him

Weird farewell speech talking about 2 guys' ****s but good luck on your future endeavors!! Cis will miss you!
Nah just adding you to my ignore list along with the boxing guru who doesn't know **** about football who has been on ignore for a couple years already.

Advertisement
Maybe I'm wrong (please advise) but this crew of current players don't look like they will ever get their act together... call it talent, drive, culture, or whatever. Why would the best coach on Earth arrivin here next week really make a significant difference this season. BOT & others (including coaching candidates... who are certainly easier to get post-season even with big buck$$$) know this, seems a longshot they would somehow fire Manny NOW.

Best hope might be, IF they DO can Manny NOW, is let Lashlee be interim coach to finish the season. Not sure how I feel about that.

Advertisement
What did we think would happen?

What made anyone on this site presume Diaz was going to be a better coach than Randy Shannon?

Speak up.

Please.

The fact that anyone had faith that a guy whose only step above Shannon was that he briefly had Al Golden’s old job, was going to outperform a two time SEC champion, please illuminate us.

Look, I've been following UM football since 1967. It was a **** program then and it was a **** program for most of its 40 year history before that.

In 1977, we were on the verge of dropping football, caught lightning in a bottle in 1979 and for 13 great years a miracle happened, 4 national titles in 9 years. Even with that greatness, the admins couldn't stand the bad publicity that went with our renegade program. They couldn't stand Jimmy Johnson.

Then we had a nice 4 or 5 year run until about 2005 and we've been pre 1980 horrible to watch garbage ever since.

In reality, this program, in its almost 100 year history has had a grand total of about 20 years of football relevance.

I for one, am grateful for the memories of totally unexpected national championships, but this university is not or never really was a football serious school. Isn't now and likely wont be in the future.

The attitude in Coral Gables is more in line with an Ivy League mindset without the Ivy League academics.

I will continue to follow the program but with the same expectations I had watching a garbage product I was accustomed to in the late 60s and 70s.

This is the sad truth.

...with one of the most experienced teams in the nation, when is it supposed to get better?

Not much to say and I haven't had the stomach to rewatch. But at least two prominent boosters (possibly the two most prominent) are going to make a lot of noise this week. I know we've heard that before, but this is how it starts.

My only source of optimism is that coaches like Cristobal and Mullen wanted this job at one point. We can do better than what we've done. Hopefully we turn it around before we've erased the memory of what Miami can be.
I appreciate the positive vibes but bro you and I both know nothing happens until the BOT are willing to push back. Right now even with the chatter from the boosters I just don’t see it yet. We need a **** of a lot more fire on this for them to take notice and willing to push back. It still could happen but a lot more has to happen.

That’s why I think it’s on everyone of us to reach out to anyone who you know who might be connected. Each and everyone of us has to help push. I’m not talking only flying banners I’m saying calling personal cell phones of those we have or can get that are directly to the BOT or connected to the BOT. We can’t have this drag.

We have to strike first get the big name right coach who will not only change the program but will also keep the right coaches and keep the right players from transferring. If we lose the good coaches and players it pushes the turn around back a few more years, I’m not sure about you guys but I’m getting tired and old and I’m tired of waiting.

Yo DMoney what’s your thoughts on this???

Advertisement
Look, I've been following UM football since 1967. It was a **** program then and it was a **** program for most of its 40 year history before that.

In 1977, we were on the verge of dropping football, caught lightning in a bottle in 1979 and for 13 great years a miracle happened, 4 national title in 9 years. Even with that greatness, the admins couldn't stand the bad publicity that went with our renegade program. They couldn't stand Jimmy Johnson.

Then we had a nice 4 or 5 year run until about 2005 and we've been pre 1980 horrible to watch garbage ever since.

In reality, this program, in its almost 100 year history has had a grand total of about 20 years of football relevance.

I for one, am grateful for the memories of totally unexpected national championships, but this university is not or never really was a football serious school. Isn't now and likely wont be in the future.

The attitude in Coral Gables is more in line with an Ivy League mindset without the Ivy League academics.

I will continue to follow the program but with the same expectations I had watching a garbage product I was accustomed to in the late 60s and 70s.

This is the sad truth.

I agree with you, but its no longer just about administration will. The CFB landscape has changed in very profound ways in the last 20 yrs or so. Those changes have made it even more difficult for a small private university with limited resources to compete in a sport that has been dominated by state universities & blue bloods. That's the fact that has to be accepted here.

If you think the program has “no chance” then why on earth are you on a website devoted to nothing else but talking about it? How do you have the time and emotion to waste, and even if you do, why do you spend it here? Thats not rhetorical, I really want to know, because I don’t get it.

Some of you will simultaneously say “the program is dead beyond dead” and yet discuss it EVERY DAY, like zombies with nowhere to go. It’s like you have a virus animating your CFB corpse and you can’t help but stumble around the vacant halls of Grassy 2.0 and groan about how disappointing being alive was.

My dad died 15 years ago. I stopped texting him 15 years ago. I stopped calling him 15 years ago, because he was actually dead. When I discuss him with other people I don’t get confused about him being alive, I don’t expect him at family functions, I don’t get disappointed when he doesn’t call. He’s dead, not “program is ded lol nothng matters“ dead, but dead.

If you believe this program is dead and you still post on this site, you are the fool. Not the BOT, not Diaz, you. You’re the one complaining about the reliability of a corpse, all the while claiming you know it’s dead.
child 44 GIF

Advertisement
Back