If we are this undisciplined...

...with one of the most experienced teams in the nation, when is it supposed to get better?

Not much to say and I haven't had the stomach to rewatch. But at least two prominent boosters (possibly the two most prominent) are going to make a lot of noise this week. I know we've heard that before, but this is how it starts.

My only source of optimism is that coaches like Cristobal and Mullen wanted this job at one point. We can do better than what we've done. Hopefully we turn it around before we've erased the memory of what Miami can be.

Unfortunately D talk without action is just that...talk.

These people who have power and can make or influence those decisions need to do so.

There is talent on this roster... enough to win the coastal and compete for an ACC championship but we need the right coach to accomplish this

Advertisement
The biggest disparity in revenue between programs is ticket sales, donor contributions, and state funding.

This whole notion that MIA is INTENTIONALLY choosing to field a mediocre football program is ridiculous. This university has divested & siphoned resources away from football because it was forced to. The explosion in revenue that has occurred in CFB within the last 20 yrs has created a situation where the divide between the elite programs and everyone else has become so significant, that in order to bridge it, this university would essentially have to prioritize football at the EXPENSE of academics. Which is an absurd expectation, because the main priority for any university has to be academics first & foremost.

The ivy league argument would make sense, if universities like ND & USC didn't spank MIA in academics AND allocate more resources to athletics. They realize that a successful football program is an overall net benefit, in terms of added revenue, exposure, and applicants. This university's administration also understands this simple concept. The issue is, the program has simply been priced out the market, and its options have become limited. The last 20 yrs of this program's history prove this reality to you as clear as day. They are making the bare minimum amount of investment in order to acquire a guaranteed revenue stream. Nothing more

Your last sentence proves that UM is indifferent to winning or losing. They haven't been priced out. They have elected to spend minimally because results on the field don't really matter. Its like you said, all about a fixed guaranteed revenue stream.

And there's a big difference between intentionally fielding a mediocre football program and not caring one way or another if the program is successful.

I never said they are intentionally putting out a mediocre product. I said there is indifference about the major athletic programs' success or failure. Its been like that since Miami began playing football almost 100 years ago. Even during the championship years. And even before college athletics became big business.

Frankly, its easier being a Miami fan than a Texas, Nebraska, or USC fan. Those schools emphasize excellence in athletics, yet for the last 15 years those programs can't get out of their own way. That must drive fans of those programs nuts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Doing well. Back in Florida living the good life in Naples. Hope you are doing well. I read your posts often here and they are always excellent.
Good for you. VA has become MD so it makes sense. We are renting in Daytona. Kept our house in the Shenandoah's. Already established residency in FL. Looking to build as soon as we find the right place.

...with one of the most experienced teams in the nation, when is it supposed to get better?

Not much to say and I haven't had the stomach to rewatch. But at least two prominent boosters (possibly the two most prominent) are going to make a lot of noise this week. I know we've heard that before, but this is how it starts.

My only source of optimism is that coaches like Cristobal and Mullen wanted this job at one point. We can do better than what we've done. Hopefully we turn it around before we've erased the memory of what Miami can be.
could really care less about Senior BOT members have to say at the moment..... they have bought off on all Blake James weak *** BS...... fire Blake and let new AD hire HC. replacing CMD is way too much rinse and repeat.....

Advertisement
So you are basically in Cape Coral right?

I'm in Ft. Myers often, we should get together to watch a Miami ACC loss at a watering hole.
Not really...I grew up in Cape Coral...San Carlos is basically between Ft Myers & Bonita Springs...Lol at watching a UM loss....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back