Y'all dudes can have the "one love in life" deal. Not me!
If the school took away the Canes, or even continues to slope towards being irrelevant, I would move on. Life is too short to remain miserable about something I "choose" to connect with.
Don't know which school I would eventually move on to, but it would have to be a place I can connect with organically ... The same way I did with Miami, when I "fell in love" in 1986.
I didn't go to school there ... Don't have family there ... And I'm not from the area. But I support the program by donating, buying gear, and attending games. All of which I do voluntarily.
So, if the school decides the athletics program isn't important enough to raise the bar on their resources, in spite of the rich tradition of a program worthy of 2 ESPN specials, the location giving access to top recruits, the conference affiliated TV contract giving big dollars, and the new Adidas contract adding even more dollars ... Then I will agree with them, and the athletics program won't be that important to me.
But I'll still enjoy college football ... And I'll eventually "fall in love", again.
I just don't have my eye on that program, yet ...