If Miami closed down the program who would you root for?

poncho0091

Senior
So I always see people talking about Miami closing down the program, and while I know the statement in itself is ridiculous, it made me wonder, if Miami really ever shut things down, who would you root for? Would you have an alternate team to bounce to, or would you just pack it up as a fan?

Be honest or don't bother answering at all. Personally, I would probably move onto UCF as I grew up in the Central Florida area.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Nobody. I only got into football after I went to UM for undergrad (during the Shannon years). If I don't care about UM probably won't care about football. Plus following other teams would just remind me of how good Miami could be if it wanted to

Pretty much done with CFB already. It's nothing but *** and Satan now anyway, and I don't like either one.

Just a shame and a disgrace what these rich azzholes are doing to this program. 1%ers are lazy rat turds who only care about what THEY think, and they think they know EVERYTHING because no one dares tell them otherwise. Even the alums have NO say at all.

They will brag about how they "cleaned up" the program and take full credit for it. Then they'll shutter it completely with no prior warning. They are mostly racists who don't want underprivileged kids near this campus, especially big African American kids who are top athletes. THEY'RE AFRAID OF THEM because they think these kids might take a few dollars away from them in scholarships, demand better facilities (Nothing is being done about a better stadium because they have NO intention to open their moth-ridden wallets for such a project), and maybe a financial stipend if the NCAA (or whatever takes over for that pitiful organization ) so chooses.

I already consider Miami football a dead program. It's a shame that some kids will still come here because they love the old "U". THAT no longer exists. This school has more in common with Rollins now than the U.

Last edited:
Advertisement
U Haul, as in the truck which hopefully hits every one of the people who led to the demise of the only college football team I've cared about for over 35 years...

I have two boys. 4 and 1.
They'll decide (but Gators and Domers are not options)

And UK basketball since wife went their so boys get in state tuition one day

And Miami baseball until that program is also shut down

Advertisement
Eastern State. They have a real coach.

261674_full.jpg

Don't be surprised to see UM close the football program within 5 years. It's all part of the plan. Keep the product performing at an extremely low level for long periods of time and fans will eventually move on.

When UM closes up shop- I won't watch college ball anymore.

UCF - since I graduated from there and now my daughter will be going there. Will admit that I just recently sent them my 1st donation. I had donated to Miami every year since 98. This year was a real eye opener for me because of the administration.

UGA

And I'd never stop watching college football. Ever. Its ridiculous everyone saying that they would.

Your telling me you can't watch a game without the Hurricanes or your favorite NFL team in it? Really?

Advertisement
Back