Tad Footeball
1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
- Joined
- Feb 6, 2014
- Messages
- 19,337
Can't believe this thread survived this long. C'mon mods.
Not really sure why the mods need to be involved. Noone is trolling and the majority of the conversation/responses have actually been somewhat respectable. Literally, the closest thing to attacks have been some fans saying others aren't real fans for responding honestly. I guess you're just looking for another thread discussing why Al Golden sucks so it can devolve into the usual argument that's been going for over 3 years.
I'm surprised it's still getting responses after this long. I'm glad I could contribute a thread that is loosely (very loosely) tied to the state of our program and has actually stayed fairly civil and is not about Al Golden.
Not at all concerned about anyone trolling. What I'm talking about is one of thee worst topics I've ever seen on this board. As a Canes fan, I could not and would not ever think about rooting for another program and neither should another Canes fan (not even in a what if scenario). This thread is whack, point blank period.
Still the point is valid. Is there a difference between shut down and so bad as to be unbearable? I only watch Cane football at this point. Last year was very painful and several weeks I did not even bother to watch. I did not substitute another team. If not the Canes then I will not watch college football.
I'm not saying that the non-alumni fans are in any way inferior to people with a tangible attachment to the school- God knows that those fans are in many ways wayyyy better than alumni- but all this thread does is weed most of the people out that may have never set foot on campus and would be inclined to go pull for another program. Really can't see a realistic instance in which someone that went to UM would do this short of some lame excuse of following the team of some school their kids went to or somewhere they went for grad school or something. Again, those would be very lame rationales. The only right answer to this question is "I'd follow/support whatever team I bet on that Saturday and would be a fan of my NFL team on Sunday".